Thoughts on Be Our Guest since it went to signature

Location and theming makes this restaurant in high demand and allows Disney to push the limits in what it ask in payment. They have taken the same approach with other TS restaurants which were made signature due to demand. Food quality and offerings are continually being leveraged to manage cost and increase profits. Personally, we got the feeling we were part of a table turnover calculation, the cold/lacking table setting, and food offerings/quality for the price ($ or DP ticket) make you question signature. Try it once and come to your own opinion.

We have reservations for dinner for our upcoming trip. We had only been for lunch before and loved it. Does anyone know if the Grey stuff cupcake is available for dinner? We were hoping it could be requested and they would still serve it even though it isn't listed on the dinner menu...

We have reservations for dinner for our upcoming trip. We had only been for lunch before and loved it. Does anyone know if the Grey stuff cupcake is available for dinner? We were hoping it could be requested and they would still serve it even though it isn't listed on the dinner menu...

I doubt they'll serve you a cupcake at dinner.

There's a dessert trio, of which the grey stuff is one of the items, although NOT a cupcake.

I was disappointed that the little Chip cup was just white chocolate without any color. The original photos on the Disney Food blog showed the cup with colors. Much cuter in color. So it looks like they are cutting back a bit on the details. But, it’s all in the details.

I was disappointed that the little Chip cup was just white chocolate without any color. The original photos on the Disney Food blog showed the cup with colors. Much cuter in color. So it looks like they are cutting back a bit on the details. But, it’s all in the details.
My understanding is that there are supposed to be two different versions, there is the kid's version that is supposed to be one they can "paint" and then there is the adult version that is supposed to have the colors. I wonder if someone messed up or if they ran out of the adult version, I would hope this is the case and not that they are cutting corners already.

My understanding is that there are supposed to be two different versions, there is the kid's version that is supposed to be one they can "paint" and then there is the adult version that is supposed to have the colors. I wonder if someone messed up or if they ran out of the adult version, I would hope this is the case and not that they are cutting corners already.
Mine was the adult dessert. It’s so weird that I was so disappointed by this little something missing.

My wife and I went last week for dinner. We enjoyed the meal. As for "value", we paid out of pocket, and enjoyed the annual pass holder discount. Had we been on the dining plan, there is no way that we'd use 2 credits at Be Our Guest when we could use the same number of credits at Narcoossee's or Citrico's or California Grille and enjoy a vastly superior (and more than twice as expensive) meal.

We went both before and after the switch and I agree 100% with OP we like our meal MUCH better before it switched over to prix fixe. The food felt more like catering food than freshly cooked, and I hated that there was no ability the choose the dessert (presentation of dessert was cute, but did not enjoy the taste). And at the price point it felt wayyy overpriced, especially because our under three year old had to pay full price out of pocket, unlike other prix-fixe like Akershus or Cinderella's where they let the little one have a small meal at no additional charge, since the little ones don't have dining credits of their own.

I agree! I feel the consensus is that it’s definitely not worth the 2 siggie points. I also agree it doesn’t compare to other signatures- the 2 points we use at Narcoosees is always worth it. BOG just didn’t feel like a signature. I convinced DD to skip it this summer. We’re going to try a signature that we’ve never been to before - either Cali Grill or Citricos or Flying Fish. I will say the ambiance in BOG gets a 10. It was always cool to be there in August and see it “snowing “ outside. And the east wing room was always a treat to get seated in.

The grey stuff was in both the children and adults desert (the trio that they serve) when we were there this summer.
Hope you are able to get it when you go! :cutie:

The dessert has grey stuff even though it is not on a cupcake. Not sure if you can still order ahead the $15 birthday celebration cupcake set they have offered in the past? Call 407-WDW-DINE to ask about it. Or email:
WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com

I'm still trying to figure out what that "brittle" concoction was on top of my salad but it was pretty horrible tasting; and the chip with grey stuff, totally flavorless. BOG was top of the list of ADRs to get at 180 days out, now its off the list completely except maybe lunch.

We did lunch there twice, won't be going back and will likely never have dinner there. The only thing that my group liked at lunch was the French onion soup.

I'm still trying to figure out what that "brittle" concoction was on top of my salad but it was pretty horrible tasting; and the chip with grey stuff, totally flavorless. BOG was top of the list of ADRs to get at 180 days out, now its off the list completely except maybe lunch.

If you had a Caesar salad, that "brittle" was fried cheese. I think some chefs think it's fashionable to give you carmelized cheese instead of sprinkling fresh cheese on top of a salad. But, there is a fine line between "carmelized" and "burnt". The only Disney restaurant that gave me a properly carmelized disk of cheese was Narcoossee's. All the others provided me a burnt puck.

If you had a Caesar salad, that "brittle" was fried cheese. I think some chefs think it's fashionable to give you carmelized cheese instead of sprinkling fresh cheese on top of a salad. But, there is a fine line between "carmelized" and "burnt". The only Disney restaurant that gave me a properly carmelized disk of cheese was Narcoossee's. All the others provided me a burnt puck.

I think it was a regular house salad - they called it brittle something.

Found it - supposedly it was a "sunflower seed brittle".

We're going to BOG for dinner in April. It'll be our very first time managing to score a reservation there.

Honestly, I've generally found the food at character dinners to be rather forgettable so my expectations are low. It's the only character dinner my daughter hasn't seen in the parks so it's a bit of a WDW bucket list thing for us. I appreciate everyone's feedback as it seems to validate my expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter