Thoughts on full AP refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
We typically buy an annual pass every other year, and we currently have a stay booked for September. I know it’s a little ways off, but if all the masks/lack of usual entertainment/etc is still in place, we will not be going. I saw somewhere on here someone wishing for a refund for the rest of their unused days on their AP because it would be a different experience. I think that’s putting it mildly. On top of all the other things that I’m sure would accompany the new regulations, the thought of forcing young kids to keep a mask on all day in the blazing heat is 1000% not something I want to deal with. It is not something I signed up for when I bought the passes originally. Besides that one comment I haven’t seen or heard anything else on here. Wondering if anyone has asked a CM about this yet?

The only thing CMs would be able to say is the current policy which is that a refund for the number of closed days will be given,

Until they have a date, and we know what types of restrictions there are, it is possible they will give additional credits for days when things are limited,

Do you have your AP purchased, but not yet activated? If so, just hang onto it until you are happy with the policies in place. You have until 2030.

No, it is definitely already activated. We typically go in the fall and so we had used it once already late September/early October 2019. If I hadn’t have already used it I would definitely be holding onto it for later.

If you aren't interested in the extension, you can ask for a partial refund:

"in lieu of an extension of their passes, Annual Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, contact VIPASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277."

If you've already used it, why are you asking about a full refund?
I think she's asking about a refund for the rest of the pass period, including after Disney reopens to a limited experience. That's a complicated thing to have to phrase.

I have the same issue: expensive APs activated at the very end of 2019, and now, not so interested in using them if a trip to the Disney parks is going to be as regimented as a trip to my local Whole Foods (mandatory masks, arrows telling you which way to walk down the aisles, stickers telling you how to space yourselves in line, workers ordering you around, etc.) Plus probably no shows or fireworks for a while, possibly even no water features (such as Splash Mountain, our favorite MK ride)...

Yes, OP, I share your concern, but as a PP said, we have no info until Disney decides to share it.

Yes, as Primeval Princess clarified, I am meaning a refund on the whole rest of the time that I have left which is approximately six and a half months starting from when they closed. I also wouldn’t mind to freeze the passes until everything went back to normal but then Disney could open back up “normally” and if they automatically reinstated the passes at that time then I’d have to rush around trying to get fast passes. I’m not saying I’m type A, but I for sure like to have my fast passes the day they become available. 😁 I told myself when I bought them that this was the last time we were doing passes, because it seems like we actually miss out on a lot of the better deals. And now the hassle with all this has just cemented that.

We have a couple of ap threads opened in several different forums. All go the same way of discussion, sho I'm closing this one. Op there's no answer until Disney reopens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!