Thoughts on Lowball Offer

Not sure if it counts as 'lowballing', but we've been looking for a 100 point Poly contract and saw one earlier today, no points until December 2021, which is fine by us. It was listed at $148 per point and we have offered $138, this is potentially our first resale contract, and I am certain it won't be accepted and was a bit embarrassed at first, but after reading loads of this thread, I thought why not! Worst case scenario is rejection, we're in no rush.

It would not surprise me if your offer got accepted simply based on some of the ROFR thread data points.

Nobody who is offering to sell their contract wants to keep it.

I don’t know about this. I sold one of my contracts a couple of years ago and was (and still am!) a bit torn about it. I made a substantial profit, roughly 50%, so it was a good decision overall. I’m now looking to buy but, of course, will not have the same grandfathered benefits on a new resale contract as on my remaining pre-2016 resale contracts. However, I will be trading former SAP points at SSR into VGF points.

My point being that some sellers may only be interested in selling at a certain price. That was certainly my situation. Had prices suddenly drifted downward, I would have held the contract that I sold.

Granted that, in this market, anyone who can hold the contract would likely do so. I think some of the sellers who put their contracts on the market in February or earlier are in denial about what is happening given some of the listing prices one sees out there.

Meanwhile, I see contracts at my resort of immediate interest (VGF) floating slowly downward. Two listings have now gone below $150.

Same here! I *almost* took a 120-point Poly contract at $135/point, but then decided that just wasn't low enough for me. I'm really looking for around $120 if I get Poly, and what I really want is a unicorn of a deal with CCV ($129/point) or AKL ($95/point) with a SEP UY in the 80-120 point range. :)
Since we're all putting out our wish lists here's mine. 125 points Aug UY BWV 115.,Poly 120 and BRV 95.I've been looking multiple times away on the 3 major sites but nanda.

Not sure if it counts as 'lowballing', but we've been looking for a 100 point Poly contract and saw one earlier today, no points until December 2021, which is fine by us. It was listed at $148 per point and we have offered $138, this is potentially our first resale contract, and I am certain it won't be accepted and was a bit embarrassed at first, but after reading loads of this thread, I thought why not! Worst case scenario is rejection, we're in no rush.
That looks reasonable, I wouldn't even call it lowballing.

We're in ROFR now on a Poly 150 point contract that was listed at 146. We offered 136 and they accepted immediately. Ours has 55 banked points too. April UY. You might just get it.

Nobody who is offering to sell their contract wants to keep it.

To also chime in - that isn't necessarily true. We've sold contracts but also pulled contracts that weren't selling at what we wanted. Didn't need to sell and had sold enough to buy where we were wanting to switch to. Lowball offers were turned down - wasn't offended but just didn't have to sell.

To also chime in - that isn't necessarily true. We've sold contracts but also pulled contracts that weren't selling at what we wanted. Didn't need to sell and had sold enough to buy where we were wanting to switch to. Lowball offers were turned down - wasn't offended but just didn't have to sell.
Kathy- Agree with you wholeheartedly.We've sold a couple of contracts with the same intentions.We've just sold a small 25 point SSR and as soon as I find what we need /want there's another small 75 pointer going on the market.

You should not be at all embarrassed! I would have offered 125 pp to start! :P

Kathy- Agree with you wholeheartedly.We've sold a couple of contracts with the same intentions.We've just sold a small 25 point SSR and as soon as I find what we need /want there's another small 75 pointer going on the market.
I understand that you had specific terms in mind for parting with your contract, but the fact you both listed the contract(s) and then ultimately sold it/them proves the point, doesn't it? Sure, you wouldn't sell a SSR contract for $50/point. But most owners don't have their contracts listed anywhere for sale, which is why they don't sell.

I understand that you had specific terms in mind for parting with your contract, but the fact you both listed the contract(s) and then ultimately sold it/them proves the point, doesn't it? Sure, you wouldn't sell a SSR contract for $50/point. But most owners don't have their contracts listed anywhere for sale, which is why they don't sell.
My point was/is I didn't need to sell. I'm willing to sell to get something else that fits our needs more. But if I didn't get what I thought was a fair price than we would pull the contract off of the market.

This is the reply I got on one of my three low ball offer... doesn’t even look like they put the offer to the seller! I didn’t get responses on the other two. They were all at figures that I am seeing other people get accepted on the ROFR thread, but were $20-30 below asking on GFV / PVB contracts.

Attachments

• 36524B20-39EB-45AF-886B-ECCA41C571D6.jpeg
    36524B20-39EB-45AF-886B-ECCA41C571D6.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 136
My dream contract: 75pt BRV $105 per point, October UY.
Second option would be AKL.

Willing to wait until next year as we’ve already booked our travel for the next 12 months.
I bid on a contract like that a couple weeks ago. It went immediately at $110 full price. Only a few hundred more than you want to pay. I was going to offer a lowball, but little gems like this are worth what it is worth to YOU. Hopefully, the universe will answer your call!

This is the reply I got on one of my three low ball offer... doesn’t even look like they put the offer to the seller! I didn’t get responses on the other two. They were all at figures that I am seeing other people get accepted on the ROFR thread, but were $20-30 below asking on GFV / PVB contracts.
Total BS. I don't like to work with brokers that won't work with me on the phone. I placed an automated bid over the weekend and had a rejection in my email box within a minute. This is not negotiation and there is really no way to try to work something out. I never spoke to a human. I take this as lazy brokers who aren't willing to put in the time to talk to a human and try to work out a deal FOR THEIR SELLER. I would never list a contract with these automated dealers - ever.

So sellers only ever take 5-7% off per Karen? Really? These brokers are sandbagging the dam. It is just a matter of time before they all get washed away. The brokers willing to take the time to chat on the phone and call the seller and then return your call to negotiate skillfully IMHO will be the winners in this market.

I'd do yourself a favor and "Not Put" Karen as the agent on ur next offer lol :rolleyes2

People who list their points for a realistic and reasonable price should expect 5 to 7% under asking perhaps but these people with $150pp PVB or $175pp VGF stripped contracts with 200 points can expect a 20% discount or more. Some of these brokers have more faith in the market rebounding than they should. The truth is that the recent drop in prices is not solely due to Coronavirus or the economic downturn. The recent price drops are every bit a correction of the overly inflated contract costs of the last 2 years.

I bid on a contract like that a couple weeks ago. It went immediately at $110 full price. Only a few hundred more than you want to pay. I was going to offer a lowball, but little gems like this are worth what it is worth to YOU. Hopefully, the universe will answer your call!
I did put in an offer, but it wasn’t enough. We won’t spend more than $8k on a contract and that one was well over our budget once you add closing cost and annual fees. I’ll keep stalking all the sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!