Thoughts on Lowball Offer

I made an offer today on AKL 100 points listed $112 offered $104 no points until 2021. It was listed last night and this morning I was told the owner wanted $110 but there is now a bidding war submit highest and best. No way. We'll just keep trying for a reasonable priced contract - not looking to steal one necessarily but we won't over pay 10+ over recent ROFR prices.

I made an offer today on AKL 100 points listed $112 offered $104 no points until 2021. It was listed last night and this morning I was told the owner wanted $110 but there is now a bidding war submit highest and best. No way. We'll just keep trying for a reasonable priced contract - not looking to steal one necessarily but we won't over pay 10+ over recent ROFR prices.
I saw that listing! If I hadn't have just gotten that 100-point CCV, I would have jumped on this. I want 100 more AKL points eventually so we can do a 2BR for a week at any point in the year (excluding Easter/Christmas). But then I figured so many had posted here about wanting a Sep UY AKL contract that it was unlikely I could get them to come down closer to $100.

The "deadline" has passed by hours...I wonder if the other "bidder" also underbid or backed out? The email did not say that the other bidder or bidders went over asking price, just that there was a bidding war. The listing is still up as new.

On Sunday the listing we didn't get was "offer accepted" within minutes same broker. I really need Oct to match up with our OKW contracts, but this would have worked just to stay at AKL. I'd like to have points in my account by mid-November, so there is still time...tick, tick, tick...

:rolleyes1

Tried a low ball offer yesterday on 28 points of VGF. It was listed at 185 and I offered 165. The seller countered at 180 firm which I nearly passed on, but ended up accepting since it wasn't stripped.

Tried a low ball offer yesterday on 28 points of VGF. It was listed at 185 and I offered 165. The seller countered at 180 firm which I nearly passed on, but ended up accepting since it wasn't stripped.

Ohhhh I saw that one and was wondering if it would go quick since it's a small contract, but then I almost thought it was too small! Is this an add on contract for you?

I've been debating buying at VGF but I don't own there yet so I'd need a little more than 28 pts lol. There is one listed on that site for under 100 which is what I'm looking for in the use year I want, but it's over $200/pt! I'll wait a few more months and if it's still around, I'll try to low ball it. I'm no rush, but I just need to settle my own impatience lol

Ohhhh I saw that one and was wondering if it would go quick since it's a small contract, but then I almost thought it was too small! Is this an add on contract for you?

I've been debating buying at VGF but I don't own there yet so I'd need a little more than 28 pts lol. There is one listed on that site for under 100 which is what I'm looking for in the use year I want, but it's over $200/pt! I'll wait a few more months and if it's still around, I'll try to low ball it. I'm no rush, but I just need to settle my own impatience lol

I have 160 at SSR and 50 at Poly. I am pairing these 28 GFV points with my 50 Poly points for an almost yearly split stay.

I tried to bid on AKL 120pt June uy. There were 3 contracts and they are all sold already after a day.Moving on

Minor rant that I am sure everyone scouring the web for a new contract can appreciate:

Can I just say, I wish all brokers had a standard way of listing contracts? I don't want to read a biography on the history of the points....I'm looking at you DVC by Resale! www.DVCStore.com , www.DVCsales.com , and DVC Resale Market have great listings. I want to easily see the main info with sortable columns. Extra brownie points for sortable years so you can sift thru and find the loaded ones easy. And while I am at it- listing the expiration right there on the table helps to find the extended OKW.

That is all. 😁

Looks like that listing is back up. Maybe the bidding war ended with all buyers dropping out?

Minor rant that I am sure everyone scouring the web for a new contract can appreciate:

Can I just say, I wish all brokers had a standard way of listing contracts? I don't want to read a biography on the history of the points....I'm looking at you DVC by Resale! www.DVCStore.com , www.DVCsales.com , and DVC Resale Market have great listings. I want to easily see the main info with sortable columns. Extra brownie points for sortable years so you can sift thru and find the loaded ones easy. And while I am at it- listing the expiration right there on the table helps to find the extended OKW.

That is all. 😁
I'm sure the other sites would tell you that putting everything in a block of text allows them to explain what points come from where more accurately than what DVCResaleMarket does, but I'd take the DVC Resale Market formatting all day, with an explanation of what points originally came from what years when you click through. Their site is by far the user-friendliest of the larger DVC resale sites, IMHO.

I'm sure the other sites would tell you that putting everything in a block of text allows them to explain what points come from where more accurately than what DVCResaleMarket does, but I'd take the DVC Resale Market formatting all day, with an explanation of what points originally came from what years when you click through. Their site is by far the user-friendliest of the larger DVC resale sites, IMHO.

I agree. I like being able to click into further details if I want them but being able to quickly compare apples to apples what a contract looks like first. Any screaming deal posted on DVC By Resale will surely be missed by me because I am never patient enough to read thru them.

Adding to my wishlist: one click to remove the pending offers (I don't care about those!) and a way to sort new listings.

On another note my goal is to make it to around December before I add on anything. That doesn't stop me from looking at the listings every day. But man, every time I see a new deal scored on the ROFR it kills me a little. I am so impatient.

That is all. 😁
I hear you. There are some sites that I have stopped looking at because their resorts are not in alphabetical order and when you do find the resort you want, you then have to hunt for the UY, number of points and cost/point. Why list the total cost without indicating the cost/point? It's like they don't even want your business.

Looks like that listing is back up. Maybe the bidding war ended with all buyers dropping out?

I don't think it ever was dropped. The owner had two (apparently) opportunities to start negotiation and instead insisted on a drop dead time for offers and now it looks like they don't have a buyer at all. This is a strange time and sellers can't assume buyers will fight for a contract IMO.

I saw those too but June just won't work for us!
I thought about putting in an offer on that June one, but then I had to remind myself that it’s not my preferred UY or resort...and that I’m going to wait until after Disney opens to see how everything shakes out. Also, I only had $8k to spend :laughing:🤣😂 I just enjoy looking and dreaming.

I am been looking for a 100ish pt contract at AKV or SSR. Really wanted an Oct. use year but would have taken Sept, June or April.
Just had an offer accepted at SSR!
I am sure now there will be tons of AKV 100pt contracts with Oct. or Sept. use years pop up. You’re welcome everyone who is also looking.
I think I will add on direct eventually but need to do it in small increments so I can pay cash.

I am been looking for a 100ish pt contract at AKV or SSR. Really wanted an Oct. use year but would have taken Sept, June or April.
Just had an offer accepted at SSR!
I am sure now there will be tons of AKV 100pt contracts with Oct. or Sept. use years pop up. You’re welcome everyone who is also looking.
I think I will add on direct eventually but need to do it in small increments so I can pay cash.
It just posted... fully loaded including 2019 for $115

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter