Thoughts on Lowball Offer

Ha! That was one of the three I bid on. Seller did not accept. The seller did offer a counter, but not significantly lower than the listing price
That has just been reduced again, so maybe the broker will keep your offer on file.
Just noticed this one reduced but still a bit high on $145, could be a struggle to get $120 but who knows
https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-bay-lake-tower-contemporary/unit/5006761Also this one looks overpriced at $144 and worth a low bid, should be a part credit for 2021 dues
https://www.*************.com/index...uy-and-sell-dvc-blt199?layout=listtwo&start=0This one has delayed closing which puts some people off
https://www.dvcstore.com/listing-detail.cfm?ID=BLT200-03-1229
I'll keep my eyes peeled

That has just been reduced again, so maybe the broker will keep your offer on file.
Just noticed this one reduced but still a bit high on $145, could be a struggle to get $120 but who knows
https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-bay-lake-tower-contemporary/unit/5006761
Yeah, that was one I put bid in on :)
Still waiting to hear back.

Also this one looks overpriced at $144 and worth a low bid, should be a part credit for 2021 dues
https://www.*************.com/index...uy-and-sell-dvc-blt199?layout=listtwo&start=0This one has delayed closing which puts some people off
https://www.dvcstore.com/listing-detail.cfm?ID=BLT200-03-1229
I'll keep my eyes peeled

Thanks! I'll take a look at those others.

I'll have to think about delayed closing... that could throw a wrench into any plans to pick up direct discounted points (not sure how long the next incentive will last).

There was a 180 point contract on DVC Resale Market... but after I put my bid in, the seller de-listed it. I hope I didn't depress them with my low offer? :/

Thanks! I'll take a look at those others.

I'll have to think about delayed closing... that could throw a wrench into any plans to pick up direct discounted points (not sure how long the next incentive will last).

There was a 180 point contract on DVC Resale Market... but after I put my bid in, the seller de-listed it. I hope I didn't depress them with my low offer? :/
I don't know what they will offer from September, we might assume it will be better than current offerings but it's just an educated guess

Yeah, I don't think I'll close on anything before the current incentives expire. I also would rather wait to see what incentives come out next.

But I don't want to bid on a contract that may close after the next batch of incentives expire (whenever that may be).

As for using the points, I'd like to plan an early summer 2022 trip, but nothing before that... so I have time to wait and see if prices trend down.

I have just received a counter offer on a contract for $108pp with – 2020 Dues being reimburse and closing costs with admin fee.

2020 dues would be $1228.00 and I’m not sure what the closing cost would be $600ish.

Is this a good deal for AKL with 160 points for 2020 onwards?

I offered $100.pp with me paying closing and MF so how much more is this counter?

I have just received a counter offer on a contract for $108pp with – 2020 Dues being reimburse and closing costs with admin fee.

2020 dues would be $1228.00 and I’m not sure what the closing cost would be $600ish.

I offered $100.pp with me paying closing and MF so how much more is this counter?

I think thats a good deal if they are paying the Closing Costs and 2020 MF! Think about it this way ...

160 points times $100pp plus $1228 plus $600 = $17,828 or $111pp after all of the fees
Assuming you don't have to pay any other fees - then you're paying $160 times $108pp = $17,280 (or $108pp).

At the end of the day it is a good deal I think - better than the $100pp with you paying 2020 MF and Closing/Admin fees.

Besides being reduced or having an extended closing date, is there anything else to look for that may indicate a potential for a lowball offer?

Have you come across any lowball picks for BLT? ... I would definitely appreciate any help finding one!

I've been targeting "larger" (around 200 points) BLT contracts that have either been listed for over three months or were just reduced - and made few $120 offers... safe to say I'm not making friends with the brokers :)

My theory (wishful thinking?) is the larger contracts are having trouble selling.
Keep trying when listings were $145 and up I still offered $125. Had one accepted in feb to have Disney take it in March. But now they are passing for $100 so I’d keep offering when you see contracts you like.

Looks like it’s actually a better deal than your 100 pp. closing is $600 probably and admin fees are $200

$90-$95/point with current year points is what I would want the price to be. Prices are not going up anyway time soon. If by December you don't have a contract then you can adjust.

In 2021 there is going to be tons of loaded or full point contracts for sales with so many cancelling trips this year.
So do folks here think that $90-95 for AKV is about "right" in the current market (e.g., 160 point contract) and those asking $115+ are over-priced?

Or would you consider $90-95 a "lowball" offer?

If the former, what would you consider to be a "lowball" offer? $80-85?

Do you consider it a "lowball" offer if it's far below asking price, even if the asking price is way too high? Or is it just considered a "lowball" offer it is below the "market" price?

So do folks here think that $90-95 for AKV is about "right" in the current market (e.g., 160 point contract) and those asking $115+ are over-priced?

Do you consider it a "lowball" offer if it's far below asking price, even if the asking price is way too high? Or is it just considered a "lowball" offer it is below the "market" price?
I would consider $90 to be a lowball on a contract with 2020 points, and fair for a completely stripped (no 2021 points) contract. There still not as many Animal Kingdom contracts on the market as one would expect, so it may be hard to successfully lowball until that changes.

I don't think any price that is actually close to what you are willing to pay at that moment is a low ball offer. The owner may consider it a low ball offer, but at the end of the day what enough people are willing to pay sets the market. If sellers act too offended by what they consider low offers they risk driving people out of the market and further hurting the value of their contract.

I remember when we were buying a home for the first time a decade ago and a seller wanted their agent to make sure that we knew they were offended by our first offer. They told our agent to communicate to us that if we didn't make what they considered a fair offer the negotiation process was over. This was a home that had been sitting on the market for a while. Well that was it for me. We were done with bidding on that house. That house ended up sitting for another twelve months on the market and finally sold for a small amount less than what our original offer was.

I don't think any price that is actually close to what you are willing to pay at that moment is a low ball offer. The owner may consider it a low ball offer, but at the end of the day what enough people are willing to pay sets the market. If sellers act too offended by what they consider low offers they risk driving people out of the market and further hurting the value of their contract.

I remember when we were buying a home for the first time a decade ago and a seller wanted their agent to make sure that we knew they were offended by our first offer. They told our agent to communicate to us that if we didn't make what they considered a fair offer the negotiation process was over. This was a home that had been sitting on the market for a while. Well that was it for me. We were done with bidding on that house. That house ended up sitting for another twelve months on the market and finally sold for a small amount less than what our original offer was.
Some of the sites like www.dvcstore.com make it pretty easy to see when the contract is listed. Makes it easy to spot the outliers. Hilton head for example has just a pile of overpriced contracts that have been sitting forever.

A lowball offer really depends on the asking price. If they are asking $100 and you offer $90, IMO, that is not a lowball offer. If they are asking $120 and you offer $90, that would be lowballing.

I personally would say AKV is worth roughly $5/point more than the going rate for SSR because both of them are extensively SAPs but AKV is the better property with Value and CL rooms as options and a longer contract.

Right now I would say SSR is a $90/point market so I would expect AKV to be around $95/point. Others can pay way more and sellers might think you are low balling but honestly $80-$85 is a low ball but the $90-$95 is in the area. AKV is really the only property to essentially increase in price during COVID19. I have to think there will be a correction later this year as people start listing contracts before MFs hit.

Thats just my thoughts though.

Some of the sites like www.dvcstore.com make it pretty easy to see when the contract is listed. Makes it easy to spot the outliers. Hilton head for example has just a pile of overpriced contracts that have been sitting forever.

How do you see when its listed?

I also like some of the sites that show when contracts are lowered in price. That also screams overpriced since it takes a couple weeks of just sitting there before someone typically lowers a contract likely.

How do you see when its listed?

I also like some of the sites that show when contracts are lowered in price. That also screams overpriced since it takes a couple weeks of just sitting there before someone typically lowers a contract likely.
The listing number on www.dvcstore.com includes the month and day listed, so AK100-04-1123 would mean it’s a 100 point AKV contract with an April (04) use year and was listed on 11/23.

https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-bay-lake-tower-contemporary/unit/5006761

Well... 5006761 came through... settled on $123 per point!

ROFR thread posting here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...uctions-formatting-tool.3806556/post-62185775

Thanks Ruttangel, and everyone on this thread for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter