Thoughts on Lowball Offer

honestly best for you to search by yourself. Alot of brokers cannot be discussed.
Understood - We have found 6 or 7 different site to search - but it appears that I have not found them all, as I see people listing offers that I have not seen on the website that I search, so I think we are missing a bunch. I understand that the DIS has their preferred listings, but.........................

Understood - We have found 6 or 7 different site to search - but it appears that I have not found them all, as I see people listing offers that I have not seen on the website that I search, so I think we are missing a bunch. I understand that the DIS has their preferred listings, but.........................
It's also possible that you have seen then, it's just that people offered lower than what was listed and the seller accepted the lower offer.

For example, a BCV offer at $120/point was listed recently in the ROFR thread, but it was listed for $138/point on www.fidelityresales.com.

We put a bid on a VGF small point contract that was listed at 191 for 165, the sellers countered at 190 ???? Seriously ?? Moving on.
The same thing happened to us, we put a bid in on a AKV small point contract that was listed for $145 and we offered $120 and the sellers countered at $143...we also moved on.

The same thing happened to us, we put a bid in on a AKV small point contract that was listed for $145 and we offered $120 and the sellers countered at $143...we also moved on.
I kind of wonder if some of those sellers are trying to weed out lowballers... I say this bc I put a bid on a contract which was WAY overpriced and so I offered $50 under asking (which I’ve never done before!!). They came back with only down $2... I came up $10... and they came down $18 + splitting dues... and so on.

Some refuse to budge and won’t negotiate at all... but there are always those who will. They might just want to see that you’re serious too. If it’s a contract you really like and they’re willing to “talk-” I, personally, would never just walk away. On the other hand, if your offer is your absolute (no bargaining) offer and they refuse it- then that’s that 😉

I'd say for the most part, the same dynamic that influences many buyers also applies for many sellers and it really just comes down to how motivated someone is to sell/buy.

If someone is "desperate" to sell/buy, they're going to be more willing to negotiate and a few $$/ppt one way or the other likely isn't going to make or break the deal. On the flip side, if a seller/buyer is simply looking for "a good deal", they're likely to play the long game, particularly on the seller's side. From a seller's perspective, what's the downside to listing 20% above market value and hoping the ideal buyer who is looking for that specific combination of points, resort, use year, etc. is willing to pay their price. Obviously it might take longer to sell but if time is irrelevant to the seller, there's really no harm in just letting the listing sit out there and hope you find a buyer willing to pay your price.

I'd say for the most part, the same dynamic that influences many buyers also applies for many sellers and it really just comes down to how motivated someone is to sell/buy.

If someone is "desperate" to sell/buy, they're going to be more willing to negotiate and a few $$/ppt one way or the other likely isn't going to make or break the deal. On the flip side, if a seller/buyer is simply looking for "a good deal", they're likely to play the long game, particularly on the seller's side. From a seller's perspective, what's the downside to listing 20% above market value and hoping the ideal buyer who is looking for that specific combination of points, resort, use year, etc. is willing to pay their price. Obviously it might take longer to sell but if time is irrelevant to the seller, there's really no harm in just letting the listing sit out there and hope you find a buyer willing to pay your price.
Absolutely!! And we are “fighting” those sellers (and those buyers!)... trying to find our diamond in the rough 💎

Agree - I guess as the buyer, if the seller came down more then a dollar, it would lead me to up my offer, as I would think they are a serious seller. Coming down only 1 dollar three days AFTER my offer makes me want to move on, regardless if its a perfect contract for me.

Just like buying a new car.......tell me 500 under sticker - I don't even step in your showroom - tell me 6k under sticker.......now were talking - you are a serious seller.

So I made a lowball offer on a listing completely expecting it to be countered. To my surprise they have accepted and I don't even know that I want to go through with it and send to ROFR because I am 99.9% positive it's going to be taken. It's a low price on SSR completely within the threshold that they're being scooped up. Rookie mistake on my end or just roll the dice and see if it passes?

So I made a lowball offer on a listing completely expecting it to be countered. To my surprise they have accepted and I don't even know that I want to go through with it and send to ROFR because I am 99.9% positive it's going to be taken. It's a low price on SSR completely within the threshold that they're being scooped up. Rookie mistake on my end or just roll the dice and see if it passes?
If you are not in a hurry, go for it! ROFR is unpredictable, and they can't take them all. You might even be helping the seller out if they just need the sale.

If you are not in a hurry, go for it! ROFR is unpredictable, and they can't take them all. You might even be helping the seller out if they just need the sale.

+1 on this.

The only downside is the temptation to make another offer while you're waiting on this one. Some people here have done that... assumed their contract would likely get taken, only to have both contracts pass :)

They can’t take them all.

I just sent agreed to a contract that has almost no chance to make it through ROFR as it is SSR and REALLY low. but figured give it a shot why not.

I just sent agreed to a contract that has almost no chance to make it through ROFR as it is SSR and REALLY low. but figured give it a shot why not.

You two are just teasing us!!! :rotfl2: How about at least a hint?? :flower3:

So HOW LOW DID YOU GO?? :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts