Thoughts on Lowball Offer

There’s a bunch of new listings today!

I think it’s just unfortunate her name is Karen and it’s nothing against her personally just the name with the current memes and that it’s what a lot of people have been hearing right now.

I'm catching up on this thread and it took me a good 5-7 minutes to realize that the person's name is actually Karen and people weren't referring to her as a Karen. :rolleyes1

To answer this thread, I always underbid except when it's plainly obvious to me that the contract is priced correctly. This was the case for a $150pt 100pt VGC contract in 2016 when all the comparables were already at $154+ and underbidding would have added time to the process/risk losing the contract outright. Also, there were only 3-4 contracts even available, so underbidding would have a poor decision.

Worst case, you get a no. Best case, you get a yes.

I'm catching up on this thread and it took me a good 5-7 minutes to realize that the person's name is actually Karen and people weren't referring to her as a Karen. :rolleyes1

To answer this thread, I always underbid except when it's plainly obvious to me that the contract is priced correctly. This was the case for a $150pt 100pt VGC contract in 2016 when all the comparables were already at $154+ and underbidding would have added time to the process/risk losing the contract outright. Also, there were only 3-4 contracts even available, so underbidding would have a poor decision.

Worst case, you get a no. Best case, you get a yes.

It must be a US thing as I have no idea what “a Karen” is! 🤣

So I found a perfect SSR 100 June use year. Everything I am looking for all 2020 and 2021. They wanted 105. I currently have them down to 97$ with me paying closing and dues. I was thinking of coming back with 96$ and they pay closing? Thoughts?? My first purchase and I don’t want to screw it up but also don’t want to overpay.

If it's a perfect contract for you and you've gotten them from 105 to 97, why risk ruining it over $100 + closing costs?

(FYI, I don't own, just following as I'm considering it if the prices drop to where I'd be comfortably buying in.)

So I found a perfect SSR 100 June use year. Everything I am looking for all 2020 and 2021. They wanted 105. I currently have them down to 97$ with me paying closing and dues. I was thinking of coming back with 96$ and they pay closing? Thoughts?? My first purchase and I don’t want to screw it up but also don’t want to overpay.

I would accept as is. $1 is not going to break the bank, its $100 difference to risk not getting the contract.

I would focus more on them paying 2020 dues. $97 v. $96 a point is $100 difference in the total purchase price. Dues for this year at SSR are $677 or thereabouts.

If it's the perfect contract for you then $1 should not stand in the way. Another way to look at this is that it is .03 per point, if you divide the $1 by the 34 years left in SSR
As far as closing and dues, If you had not requested that before , then i would not bring up now.

I would accept as is. $1 is not going to break the bank, its $100 difference to risk not getting the contract.

In the scheme of things, is about $700 really worth it, especially if it is exactly what you want,

Over the course of the contract you will have paid about $23/per year to own it.

I would accept unless you don’t care.

I forgot that I had Originally countered with 92$ they had came back with 97$ I was just trying to meet somewhere in between.

Just accept it before they walk away, at this point you probably would be screwing it up .I know if it was me and you already got to a more than reasonable price and you wanted to pay even less.... I'd walk.
PS No seller should be paying MF for a year that you are getting full points.

Last edited:
What is "over paying" to you? No matter what you pay, someone will probably get a contract at some point for less than what you paid. This isn't a contest to see who can get the lowest price, at least I don't think it is!

If the contract is perfect for you buy it, if you don't care about losing it, then counter with whatever you feel like.

If it's a perfect contract for you and you've gotten them from 105 to 97, why risk ruining it over $100 + closing costs?

(FYI, I don't own, just following as I'm considering it if the prices drop to where I'd be comfortably buying in.)
$105 was High, prior to COVID-19
Only SSR taken in 4+ month was at $85
I wouldn't offer more than $90

$105 was High, prior to COVID-19
Only SSR taken in 4+ month was at $85
I wouldn't offer more than $90
I just put in for $97 on an October UY with no points until 2021. They countered at $109 :sad2: They were asking $111.. I was hoping they'd at least come in under $105 in the counter..But noo....

I think that if it had any available points, then maybe $107-109 would be worth it, but at no points until late 2021. Both of the contracts you listed have banked points or full points. Given the current restrictions on borrowing points in, I'm looking at being able to use the points late next year, but mostly in 2022.

I agree that smaller contracts should go for a higher premium, but I still factor in closing costs and how stripped the contract is.. Now if the contract I was looking even had 2020 points, even some of them, then yeah, $107 wouldn't be terrible. But it's all personal preference. And honestly, SSR is my second on my I want list.. I'm really hoping for AKL October UY.

I just put in for $97 on an October UY with no points until 2021. They countered at $109 :sad2: They were asking $111.. I was hoping they'd at least come in under $105 in the counter..But noo....

That's what I would do too - with my resale contracts, I had at least 4-5 rounds of offers and counteroffers. Counter at $99 and see what happens ;)

I think that if it had any available points, then maybe $107-109 would be worth it, but at no points until late 2021. Both of the contracts you listed have banked points or full points. Given the current restrictions on borrowing points in, I'm looking at being able to use the points late next year, but mostly in 2022.

I agree that smaller contracts should go for a higher premium, but I still factor in closing costs and how stripped the contract is.. Now if the contract I was looking even had 2020 points, even some of them, then yeah, $107 wouldn't be terrible. But it's all personal preference. And honestly, SSR is my second on my I want list.. I'm really hoping for AKL October UY.
Then wait find the contract you really really want. It's a marathon it's not a sprint.
PS I was responding to someone else and it went to you.I'm sorry.
But If you're not comfortable with a contract and it's not what you're looking for I would walk away. It's going to be quite sometime till things get anywhere near normal anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!