Thoughts on Lowball Offer

Seller countered on the 80pt BWV: $125/pt it has 16 points from 20 banked. Is that a fair price? Looking at the ROFR some 150pt contracts are selling for $110... I'm thinking $115 is a fair price. I should counter with that?

Why not? If they countered they are willing to negotiate. Anything between your offer and their counter is fair game. Just know that if they counter again it will be between your new price and their counter.

Why not? If they countered they are willing to negotiate. Anything between your offer and their counter is fair game. Just know that if they counter again it will be between your new price and their counter.
Thanks! Just sent the email... I won’t be disappointed if they don’t accept. I’m sure they could get full asking price.

SENDING GOOD VIBES FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE :thumbsup2
Thanks, I know it looks nothing like the listing we've been looking 😂 but I had to give it a shot, thinking they wouldn't even counter.
Also, just got off the phone with DH and I told him it wasn't BRV but had to explain that BWV is less point for a studio and assured him we could use it at any DVC with the exception of RIV, he looked up RIV while we were on the phone and now he wants to stay there. He was concerned with the small point contract and wanted to make sure we could add, so now he wants to add RIV in the future :cool1: We haven't even purchased a contract and he already wants to add to it.

Thanks, I know it looks nothing like the listing we've been looking 😂 but I had to give it a shot, thinking they wouldn't even counter.
Also, just got off the phone with DH and I told him it wasn't BRV but had to explain that BWV is less point for a studio and assured him we could use it at any DVC with the exception of RIV, he looked up RIV while we were on the phone and now he wants to stay there. He was concerned with the small point contract and wanted to make sure we could add, so now he wants to add RIV in the future :cool1: We haven't even purchased a contract and he already wants to add to it.
That is how it starts...LOL! :earboy2:

We've been looking at AKL and will probably keep looking for AKL if this offer doesn't get accepted.
And if this is your first contract a word of advice I have is don't go stripped. We ended up immediately not staying in the studios I swore I would ("what a waste of points for the 1 and 2 bedrooms", said I) and have never gotten out of the viscous borrowing cycle. We got a good deal that factored in the used points but that's still my one regret!

And if this is your first contract a word of advice I have is don't go stripped. We ended up immediately not staying in the studios I swore I would ("what a waste of points for the 1 and 2 bedrooms", said I) and have never gotten out of the viscous borrowing cycle. We got a good deal that factored in the used points but that's still my one regret!
This contract has most of the 2020 points used :(

We offered $65 for a 200 HHI contract that was listed at $75. They countered with $67, I stood my ground at $65. They accepted. Now we'll see if ROFR will let it through. I frankly think it's a fair price for a large contract.
That is 100% a reasonable stance. Congratulations!! We too are looking to add onto our HHI contract and in the process of making offers. A contract is worth only what people are willing to pay and mid 60s just feels right given how slowly contracts are turning over and the new trend of adjusting prices to upper 60’s that occurring across the resale sites.

Happy vacationing at HHI!

Add me to the club...I just put in an offer significantly under asking. Frankly, it’s what I’m willing to pay for it, so I don’t feel too, too bad. It’s for a non-WDW resort, completely stripped until 2022, has sky high maintenance fees and expires in 2042. It would be a “nice to have”, but that’s about it. Fun to be back in the game though!! ☺
My offer above was $45 on a 175 point VB contract (the ask was $59). No 2020 points and 70 2021 points. A stripped contract was fine for us as we have 820 points at other resorts (Aulani and OKW) and I just wanted a “Disney fix” and some extra points to “go big” when all of this craziness is over (I’m talking to you Aulani ocean view grand villa!). I was also ok with the higher maintenance fees given the purchase price and short life of the contract.

I went back and forth with the seller a bit, but they were stuck on $56 and I didn’t want to go above $48, so walked away for a few weeks. Went back yesterday and offered to split the difference at $52 and offer was immediately accepted. I’m pretty happy with the outcome.

I've been trying to buy at BCV, not desperate to buy (already have 260 pts at BLT) but been testing the waters with offers -- I made an offer for 200 points @ $120pp and got a counter at $127.50pp which doesn't seem too bad for BCV. The contract has all of its 2020 and 2021 points but I have to pay the 2020 MF and Closing. What do you think, is that a good deal? It certainly isn't a "low ball" price. I've seen in the ROFR thread as low as $115pp for 300 points and $120pp for only 150 points, but those seem to be the exceptions to the rule, everything else it appears has gone for $130pp or greater.

(Hopefully not anyone on the boards and I'm not insulting anyone or anything by asking) :D

EDIT- Actually I countered and then they countered and I agreed at $125pp now!
Great price! Can I ask what the list price was? I bid $120 on a 200 pt with no 2020 points and was scolded by the broker.

Great price! Can I ask what the list price was? I bid $120 on a 200 pt with no 2020 points and was scolded by the broker.

I would have a few choice words for that broker.

You can offer whatever you like. If the seller doesn't like the bid, they can counter or simply decline.

I wonder who the broker was... I made a reasonable offer on a stripped SSR contract recently and a broker scolded me too. She also said, "That offer wouldn't even pass ROFR anyway and lowest for SSR is $95." Yet, I've seen lower going through... Needless to say, I bought another contract elsewhere.

I wonder who the broker was... I made a reasonable offer on a stripped SSR contract recently and a broker scolded me too. She also said, "That offer wouldn't even pass ROFR anyway and lowest for SSR is $95." Yet, I've seen lower going through... Needless to say, I bought another contract elsewhere.
We are looking at SSR and while I’m admittedly looking for a somewhat bigger contract, I can’t fathom paying over $90 rn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter