Thoughts on next summer

As an FYI, I decided to submit Nexus renewals a month or so ago for our cards that would be expiring towards the end of the year - remembering how long the process took last time. I submitted the online renewals on a Friday afternoon and received confirmation of their acceptance the following Monday.

I appreciate that renewals are easier than initial applications, but was still pleasantly surprised at the one-day turnaround.

Now we just need a safe vaccine (or an effective and proven treatment) and we can think about actually needing to use our Nexus again (not prepared to fly anywhere right now, even domestically). Not holding my breath that’s going to happen before we lose a year’s worth of banked DVC points next July...

We just cancelled our Scotland trip that was booked for April 2021. I'd actually be comfortable going there, but with the double quarantine (and honestly, no sign of that going away) we wanted to ensure we could get our money back. We don't want to invest any more money into it in case things go sideways.

We're booking Disney for November 2021. Were quite happy to hang out at the Resort pools half the day (DVC), so shorter hours and limited dining wont keep us away.

Just wanted to give an update: I mailed my DDs passport application in mid-August and received it yesterday. So - about 4 weeks. At this point there doesn’t appear to be a back log.

I am glad to have her updated passport on hand, even if we likely aren’t going to WDW in March as planned!

Just wanted to give an update: I mailed my DDs passport application in mid-August and received it yesterday. So - about 4 weeks. At this point there doesn’t appear to be a back log.

I am glad to have her updated passport on hand, even if we likely aren’t going to WDW in March as planned!
Great news. Did you have to send in her birth certificate?

Great news. Did you have to send in her birth certificate?
Yes I did, since she is a child I couldn’t renew. I have always done mail in passport applications so that didn’t really bother me (the nearest in-person passport office is 3 hours away). I just pay for tracking services when I mail it away.

That's awesome! Thank you for the update. I'm GUESSING I need to renew my sons photos since we had them taken just before all this stuff happened back in March :(

That's awesome! Thank you for the update. I'm GUESSING I need to renew my sons photos since we had them taken just before all this stuff happened back in March :(
I think I remember reading that the photos had to have been taken in the last 6 months from the date of application . Hopefully they are still valid !

I think I remember reading that the photos had to have been taken in the last 6 months from the date of application . Hopefully they are still valid !

They would have expired last month then :p I wonder if there's any issue in just waiting til next year? My sons passport expired in March, but we aren't flying til Fall 2021. Maybe I should just wait til after Christmas to redo everything?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!