Thoughts on our December ADR/ itinerary for 5?

randi02

Earning My Ears
ADR booking is in a few days. Would anyone care to look over my plan for our upcoming trip December 8-15, 2018?

This is the third trip I've planned for my family of five. Our kids are 10, 7, and 7. We've gone about every 3 years. This trip has several firsts for us: staying deluxe, visiting during the holidays, no dining plan, touring without a stroller, and my husband being vegetarian.

They are early risers, so we will usually rope drop. Our last trip, I thought we would need breaks back at the resort, but we ended up going all day, ending with dinner. But we didn't get much evening park time, which I'm hoping for this time.

Day 1: Arrive early evening at Boardwalk Villas. Dinner at Garden Grill @ 6:00PM. My son remembers this fondly from when he was 4, and I've heard they have a good vegetarian platter.

Day 2: Magic Kingdom. Lunch at BOG @ 11:00AM. My daughter answered "Beast's castle at WDW" when asked her favorite place, so I want to take her back. I prefer lunch here to breakfast, but that might not leave enough time between meals. Dinner at HDDR @ 4:00PM. Possible campfire afterward, depending on how the kids are doing. Can a Minnie van pick up at Pioneer Hall to take us back to BWV?

Day 3: Animal Kingdom 8AM EMH. Lunch at Sanaa @ 2:50PM. Anyone happen to know if there are tables for 5 near the window? Head back to the resort for rest or whatever. I had planned to possibly head to MK to watch HEA that night, which I really want to see. I never saw Wishes. But, this would now be the only park hopping we would need to do, and I don't think it's worth the $300+, right? When I initially planned that I thought we'd be doing more park hopping, but I just don't feel like it's necessary with 8 days.

Day 4: Animal Kingdom. QS meals. If we did add PH we could maybe spend some time this morning at Epcot.

Day 5: Hollywood Studios. Dinner at Mama Melrose @ 5:00PM. If kids are doing well, stick around for whatever non-Fantasmic! nighttime show or special evening holiday thing is offered.

Day 6: QS lunch at Disney Springs or hang at resort. Magic Kingdom for MVMCP at 4:00PM. I hope I'll feel like the party is worth it. :) I'm thinking we'll be able to do less MK time this trip (last trip was 2.5 days) if we're able to cram in more during the party.

Day 7: Epcot. Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno @ 9 or 10AM. Candlelight Processional at 5:00PM or 6:45PM. Does your dining package dictate which show you attend?

Day 8: Departure Day. Not sure which park...possibly HS again with lunch at Sci-Fi at 11:00AM. Head back for Magical Express.

TIA for any suggestions or thoughts you might have! :)

Sounds like a good plan that doesn't need much tweaking for my sight. I've no idea about how the Candlelight package dinners work so perhaps someone else can say. Maybe you'll want to spend a resort day viewing the hotels' holiday decorations.
Enjoy yourselves!

Looks good to me. BOG, Sci Fi and Sanaa are all good and unique. As much as we pay for food at Disney , I try to pick unique places that are not like places I can eat at home. With that in mind, Id switch Garden Grill for something more unique. :) Have fun!

Lunch at Sanaa @ 2:50PM

This is the one thing that gave me pause, because my kids would murder me if I made them wait until 3:30 for lunch (assuming time to be seated, order food, etc.) but you know your family better.

Candlelight Processional at 5:00PM or 6:45PM. Does your dining package dictate which show you attend?

Yes. Different meal times correspond to different show times. When you select a reservation and go to book it online, on the pages where you fill in the guests and the credit card info, it will say the seating time next to the restaurant name at the top of the screen. For example, my rivers of light dining reservation is called "Tusker House Restaurant Lunch - ROL 1st Show". Same sort of naming format is used for Candlelight dining packages.

I don't think the PH is worth it for one day.... I would go without and if you find you need it add it on when you are there.

I think you have a good plan - my only 2 cents is - I would skip Sanaa and eat in AK. There are some really good restaurants there.... both QS and sit-down. Its not clear from you itinerary if you plan on spending evening at AK but I would recommend it. Seeing the new Pandora land at night is really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter