Thoughts on our October WDW Trip!

DadLightyear

WearTheYellowBand
I've been planning this trip for a few months now, and have been tweaking things here and there. We will be visiting WDW October 8 through the 13 (a quick Columbus Day trip). My wife is a teacher, so we thought we'd take advantage of the holiday. We are staying at All Star Sports, and have basic Magic Your Way park tickets I've been using the Crowd Calendar at Touring Plans to help us figure out what parks we'd visit on which day. Currently, this is our daily plan:

October 8: We (myself, My wife, and two kids 3 & 6) arrive in Orlando from Chicago. Arriving at MCO at 3pm. I'm assuming we won't make it to our resort until around 5pm, so planning on dinner in the food court, and walking around the grounds.

October 9: Magic Kingdom (EMH in the AM) & MNSSHP. We only have 4 days in the parks, so I don't mind using a full day for a half day in the park this morning. Plus, we are going to MNSSHP at night. The MK is rated a 3 this day, so we should be able to do a lot of priority attractions by lunch. EMH starts at 8am, so I'm planning to be there for rope drop, and heading out of the park after out lunch reservations at The Plaza at 12:25. After lunch, we'll head back to the resort to rest up for the party. I'd like to be back at the MK between 6 & 7pm. We've never done a hard ticket event, and I'm excited for the parade, Hallowishes, and of course candy corn flavored soft serve.

October 10: Disney's Hollywood Studios. Today, we have lunch ADR's at Sci Fi Dine-In. I realize we could probably find a better meal somewhere else, but my kids will love the atmosphere of the Sci Fi. Touring Plans has this day rated a 3 as well, so I'm planning on spending all day in the park, taking it slow, and catching Fantasmic at 8pm.

October 11: Animal Kingdom & Downtown Disney. We have a 9:30am ADR at Tusker House. Another option is EPCOT, but it's Food & Wine, and it's a Saturday, so I figured we may want to avoid EPCOT here. Planning on touring AK until we've seen enough, then heading back to the resort for swimming. Planning on exploring Downtown Disney at night.

October 12: Magic Kingdom. Hit some of our favorites and hopefully return after dinner for EMH. The only planned meal we have is an ADR at T-Rex for dinner. Again, we didn't choose this one because of the great food. Our 6 year old loves dinosaurs, and he's been wanting to eat here since last summer.

October 13: Depart from MCO. Flight leaves at 4. I thought it would be a good day to hit the pool, pack up, and get ready for DME.

Again, the only day I'm not 100% sure on is Saturday, October 11. EPCOT is rated a 4, but it's Food & Wine, and it's a weekend. I'm assuming it will be very busy. My other option is Animal Kingdom in the AM, and then DTD at night. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter