Thoughts on tattoo

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
I had this as a avatar and thinking on getting it as a tattoo for the bottom of my leg.

Planning on putting the leaf in the face instead of the ears and have it coloured in.
Thoughts

Ask yourself, would it look good on your grand parent? If not, would you feel the same way when you turn 60 and your grand kids mock you?

If you don't mind, go ahead with it but it's with you for the rest of your life. If you are not sure, sleep on it for a few weeks and reconsider.

Don't forget that something in 2D doesn't always look the same in 3D. You might draw it on in ink and see how it feels for awhile. If you like it, then that's your choice.

Personally, I have trouble coming up with one or two significant things that will be the first identifiers of who I am. But permanent ink is a personal choice, for sure. People either love it or hate it.

But I don't think there's any trademark issue around doing it.

Ask yourself, would it look good on your grand parent? If not, would you feel the same way when you turn 60 and your grand kids mock you?

If you don't mind, go ahead with it but it's with you for the rest of your life. If you are not sure, sleep on it for a few weeks and reconsider.
I tried this logic on my daughter (27) - didn't work lol!

I have two tattoos - one on each shoulder blade with my girls' Chinese names. I love them, but obviously it's a rather significant thing to me.

Otoh, lots of folks have Disney tattoos. If you like it, do a consult with a tattoo artist about the image and see what they say.

It's a very personal decision, imho. My daughter had a Mickey tattoo on her shoulder but had it removed, expensively, after a few years. I'm 67 and have a scorpion on my belly. I love it as much now as when I was inked....and my grandsons have never made fun of me.

I hate when people say things like "think about how it will look when your older!". At that point I doubt I'm going to be worried about if a tattoo looks a little aged, my whole body will be aged! I have three tattoo's and I'm planning on getting a full sleeve next year. It's definitely a personal choice and if you think it's something you are going to enjoy looking at when you see it on your body every day then go ahead. Make sure you do your homework with artists and choose the one you feel like would be best for the style you want. I know tattoo's can be expensive as well but please don't skimp on this as it's going to be on your body for a long time and you want to go to someone who is going to do it right. Let us know if you do decide to get it :)

OR your grand kids will think it is cool!

If grand kids are mocking grand parents because they are aging that is a whole other issue!!

Get the tattoo if you want it and you would be happy with it for years to come. And I agree with a pp don't skimp on it. It is your body.

I have 15 tattoos - 5 of them are Disney. If you like the design do a consultation with a reputable artist and see what they say. Trust their opinion on layout and durability. If you like it - go for it. I'm 32 now and wish I'd started getting my tattoos younger: I finally feel like myself in my own skin! I'm going to be one Bad*** Tattooed Great Aunt!

I have 15 tattoos - 5 of them are Disney. If you like the design do a consultation with a reputable artist and see what they say. Trust their opinion on layout and durability. If you like it - go for it. I'm 32 now and wish I'd started getting my tattoos younger: I finally feel like myself in my own skin! I'm going to be one Bad*** Tattooed Great Aunt!

I have the Mickey of the Mickey and Minnie you have on top of your foot in your profile picture :). I'm looking at getting another Disney tattoo, an original one that doesn't come up on a google image search. Did you have a hard time finding someone to work with you on a Disney one? I'm not sure how to find someone who won't scoff at wanting a second one. The guy who did my first I wasn't too concerned about since it was a simple Mickey head on my shoulder, but for an original one I want someone who "gets" wanting a Disney one!

I have the Mickey of the Mickey and Minnie you have on top of your foot in your profile picture :). I'm looking at getting another Disney tattoo, an original one that doesn't come up on a google image search. Did you have a hard time finding someone to work with you on a Disney one? I'm not sure how to find someone who won't scoff at wanting a second one. The guy who did my first I wasn't too concerned about since it was a simple Mickey head on my shoulder, but for an original one I want someone who "gets" wanting a Disney one!

My local artist loves it and was super stoked to do all my Disney pieces. My other Disney tattoos are Tim Shumate illustrations of the princesses and combined were about 20 hrs of chair time. I also have two Harry Potter tattoss and he was really excited to do those too. It's good to find an artist you really click with and gets your style

I think if you want it...go for it. I'm thinking the longitude and latitude of WDW would be a cool one to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter