Thoughts on the $300 Halloween party pass for all parties?

If I were local I’d definitely buy it if I planned to go to just one party. So if most locals thinks like that, they’re going to go to at least 2 more parties to get their monies worth. Additional trips after that would be just gravy. Then I could see just popping by for fireworks, parades, etc...

And if most locals are popping in just for the parades or fireworks, crowds could really balloon extra early along parade routes and in front of the castle.
If you are a local chances are you have an AP so you can get your MNSSHP ticket at $80 or you or you know someone who is a CM and tickets for them are $60. That's at least 4 visits to break even. IDK if a lot of people would go more than that and even if they did I just don't see how it would make a huge impact on crowds. Just my opinion and only time will tell

Personally,

I don't see many locals buying this. Im not local to Orlando but just a little more than 2 hours away. Older kids want to go to HHN, and the cost of going up there can really expensive to just deal with crowds. But then again, I may be wrong
If you are a local chances are you have an AP so you can get your MNSSHP ticket at $80 or you or you know someone who is a CM and tickets for them are $60. That's at least 4 visits to break even. IDK if a lot of people would go more than that and even if they did I just don't see how it would make a huge impact on crowds. Just my opinion and only time will tell
I agree with you. And with the option of older kids at HHN, Im wondering if it would make THAT much of a difference and if it did, on weekends only.

Personally,

I don't see many locals buying this. Im not local to Orlando but just a little more than 2 hours away. Older kids want to go to HHN, and the cost of going up there can really expensive to just deal with crowds. But then again, I may be wrong

I agree with you. And with the option of older kids at HHN, Im wondering if it would make THAT much of a difference and if it did, on weekends only.
the HHN multi day tickets start at $80 for all the dates in September so a way better deal for sure. I buy that one every season, this one? I won't get, going today and again next Friday and I'll be done with the party

It’s such a last minute announcement. I hope anyone going tonight that wants to take advantage of this is able to do so tomorrow or later and is able to use the money they paid for the first party towards the cost of this party pass retroactively.

Agreed. Also, locals without an AP would have to pay for parking every visit.

Maybe this is aimed at families staying more than a week?

I can't help but think party ticket sales are down if they are offering this.

Feels like it would be much more effective to discount certain less crowded nights either for the general public, certain groups, or by sending discounts to guests who have trips booked but no tickets for parties purchased if the issue was low numbers.

Of course that’s setting precedent for future years and they may be concerned people would hold out for discounts.

I would be peeved if this were my once in a lifetime trip and I had bought my tickets thinking that they would be limiting capacity. I will be interested to see if this just ends up shifting the mix of partygoers away from tourists and toward locals. My guess is that they are betting on locals not bothering to go enough in those two months to break even.

It’s such a last minute announcement. I hope anyone going tonight that wants to take advantage of this is able to do so tomorrow or later and is able to use the money they paid for the first party towards the cost of this party pass retroactively.

I was thinking the same thing!

I do troll these boards pretty regularly (read: every day) and I have actually noticed quite a few people planning on attending 3+ parties this year. I was surprised anyone wanted to go to that many, but sounds like this is the pass for them. Also, wondering if Disney is semi-banking on those who already have 2 parties booked upgrading to this (assuming they will credit what you've spent on party tickets toward this) and adding in an extra party or two just because.

5-6 visits and you could break even on the value of candy alone ;)

Does feel like a really appealing option if you're a 2-week international visitor and you want to expand your nighttime extra magic hours options. Maybe 2-3 parties is the only way completists can meet every character?

Does feel like a really appealing option if you're a 2-week international visitor and you want to expand your nighttime extra magic hours options. Maybe 2-3 parties is the only way completists can meet every character?

Most likely. I know people that attend HHN multiple times but never the Mickey Halloween party

Yeah, for sure! Some people want to do everything so they go to multiple parties. For example, I know Moana only meets at MNSSHP so her line gets LONG and I'm pretty sure there are other rare characters at MNSSHP. Meeting characters alone would take up an entire party time.

Makes sense. We did a party right before the 2017 hurricane, and Moana's line was at least two hours.

I think capacity issues are moot here. It's crowded no matter what.
Sold out vs not sold out is barely noticeable. It's packed.
Agree. Also I don’t think enough people are going to buy these to make it noticeable capacity wise. The amount of people hitting 4+ parties has got to be rather small...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter