Three SLow COok Recipes

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
Pulled Pork

1 pork tenderloin
Spice Rub (I buy whatever is on sale or you can find a recipe for it on foodnetwork.com)
1 bottle of light barbque sauce
Whole wheat buns

This is probably the easiest recipe you will ever do. If you want to use the entire tenderloin you will need more than 1 bottle of sauce. I take about 2 pounds of tenderloin and sprinkle the spice rub all over it. Then put it in the crockpot with 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Take out an shred with two forks. Mix with sauce. Serve on whole wheat buns.

Chicken in tomato sauce

2 boneless chicken breasts
1 can tomatoes or tomato puree
1 can tomato paste
Italian seasoning
Pasta, rice or spaghetti squash

Cut chicken into small pieces. Put in crockpot and cover with the sauce and the paster. Season with Italian seasoning. Cook on high for 2 hours. Serve over pasta, rice or even spaghetti squash..

Hot Fruit Compote

2 bags of frozen peaches
1 bag frozen blueberries
1/2 bag of craisins
1/2 cup of apricots
1 can o f frozen orange juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4tsp nutmeg
cornstarch (optional)

Put all the ingredients except the cornstarch in the crockpot. Add a 1/2 can of water. Cook for 4 hours on high. If it seems too watery, mix some cornstarch with some water and add to the mix.

This is a great breakfast side dish but would also work with roast pork. I served it over yogurt with wheat germ and flaxseed. MY friend suggested ice cream but maybe frozen yogurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!