Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

How 'bout Some Backstage Passes?

My sister and I are back from our trip and we had a great time! Unfortunately, I came home and got the flu so now I'm laying in bed miserable, really wishing I was still in Disney!

The only upside is I have time to try to catch up on the Dis!
--------------------------------

We left off in June with Mike and I just finishing up a bunch of character meets and ready to hit some rides. We were in the middle of our RNRC fastpass window so that's where we were headed!

We scanned in around 11:15 and were using our backstage passes at 11:35! As soon as we tapped in for our FP+, I was able to swap our SDD FP for that night for a TSMM FP from 11:35-12:35! Since we rope dropped SDD, this worked out perfectly.

As is typical, I'm screaming and Mike is just hanging out lol.

Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy was brand new at the time so we decided to check it out.

I couldn't resist a picture of my favorite on the way!

Thankfully we only had to wait a few minutes before it was time for a show to start because the waiting area is all outdoors.

The show was cute and I'm glad we saw it once but it's not a "must-do" for us. If you have kids who are big Cars fans (or if you are), then it'll be at the top of the list to do I'm sure. It also would be good if you need to do rider swap for RNRC since it's right next door.

After you exit the theater, there were photo ops available with Cruz and another car (I think it was Jackson Storm if my memory doesn't fail me).

We stopped for the one with Cruz since there was no line.

There was a random gate with a photo op that matched my outfit so of course, I had to stop.

We were in the middle of our TSMM FP+ window, so back to Toy Story Land we went.

We scanned in at 12:18, bypassing a 60 minute standby line. We were in our ride vehicle a short 7 minutes later and took a nice, sweaty 3d glasses selfie.

To no one's surprise, Mike beat me and I sulked through the exit.

Conveniently, the TSMM exit leads to some Instagrammable photo ops, so my sulking came to a quick end.

Because there's nothing we like more than walking in circles in Orlando in June, it was time to head back out of TSL and back to Sunset Boulevard where we just came from.

giphy.gif

It was time to use our Tower of Terror FP!

But not before a quick photopass stop.

I'm always fascinated by the ceiling in here and today was no different.

Our ride photo makes me laugh because I feel like I look very confused :rotfl: :rotfl:

Once we made it back out of the Twilight Zone, we made our way out of the park. You might be able to guess that we stopped for photopass pictures on the way out.

I was able to swap our SDD FP for that night for a TSMM FP from 11:35-12:35!
I'm not sure I would have done that, but...
Since we rope dropped SDD, this worked out perfectly.
...I totally get it now. :)
As is typical, I'm screaming and Mike is just hanging out lol.
:laughing:
The show was cute and I'm glad we saw it once but it's not a "must-do" for us.
Good to know. I skipped it, not knowing what it was at the time.
Glad I didn't miss too much.
There was a random gate with a photo op that matched my outfit so of course, I had to stop.
But of course.
We scanned in at 12:18, bypassing a 60 minute standby line.
Nice! Smart move to switch that FP after all!
To no one's surprise, Mike beat me and I sulked through the exit.
The agony of defeat.
Conveniently, the TSMM exit leads to some Instagrammable photo ops, so my sulking came to a quick end.
Matches the outfit, too.
I'm always fascinated by the ceiling in here and today was no different.
::yes:: That entire place is fantastic. Best queue in Disney???
Our ride photo makes me laugh because I feel like I look very confused :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Sooo… do I just put my hand up, here?"

Disney Springs Drink and Appetizer Crawl

We headed out of DHS and got a Lyft to take us to Disney Springs.

Our Lyft driver was nice but his car smelled like dirty laundry. He attempted to make conversation with us about Star Wars (presumably since he just picked us up from DHS where SWGE would soon open) but we told him we had never seen the movies which meant that he spent the entire ride explaining the movies to us, which order we should watch them in and why we need to see them.

giphy.gif

I was very grateful when we arrived at Disney Springs.

Our original Disney Springs plan included the Wreck-It Ralph VR at the Void since we really liked the Star Wars version. However, I went on the website to book it and all the time slots were full! It must've gotten much more popular or the spots are more limited for Wreck-It Ralph because we had our choice of times last time!

We decided to eat and drink instead!

Our first stop was somewhere we'd previously enjoyed but hadn't been back to in a while:

In case you didn't catch on from the 3 photos I felt the need to take of the name of the place, it was Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar!

It was forever ago that we ate anything so we were starving and wanted to order absolutely everything.

The first thing that made it to our table was Doctor Astorga's Queso Dip (A Skillet of Melted Soft Cheeses topped with Fresh Pico de Gallo and Cilantro served with Corn Tortilla Chips $12.50).

I love chips and cheese and will probably never turn down queso dip and this one didn't disappoint.

My drink arrived next which was The Fountain of Youth (St. Augustine Florida Cane Vodka, Bols Blue Curaçao, White Cranberry Juice, and Sweet-and-Sour $14).

I loved this drink! I'm a sucker for fun-colored drinks so you can probably sell me anything with blue curacao lol but it was delicious.

Since I don't have a picture of Mike's drink, I can only assume he got something boring like soda or water.

giphy.gif

Next we shared the Snakebite Sliders (Gourmet Beef Sliders with Tomato-Bacon Jam, House-made Pickles, Shredded Lettuce, and Cheese $11).

These were our favorite of the things we ordered! Everything went together well and tasted delicious.

The last thing we ordered was something that we had just seen on social media two days before so we knew we had to try it.

This was the Temple of Bacon (Thick-Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon Dipped in Ganachery Milk Chocolate and Chipotle Ganache $13).

This sounded delicious and the presentation was great. Unfortunately, the taste fell flat. Even though the description listed it as thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, it was really just the typical "Disney" bacon which is paper thin. Because of that, the chocolate taste was overwhelming and I can't say we tasted any chipotle flavors. My sister and I overheard another table ask about ordering this when we were just there and the waitress told them it's not something they're offering anymore.

After we wrapped up at Jock Lindsay's, we headed over to another of our favorite DS locations: Morimoto Asia.

The restaurant is very pretty inside.

And I thought the menus were pretty so I took a picture to share with you all. You're welcome.

Considering how much we had just eaten, we ordered way too much food but we forced ourselves to eat it #disneyproblem for sure.

First came the Chicken Bao (steamed buns, teriyaki chicken, lettuce, spicy mayo $11).

These were Mike's choice and he said they were good but nothing special.

Next was my Shrimp Tempura roll (asparagus, spicy mayo with white rice $13)

This was delicious but next time I would try something more creative.

Lastly came the stars of the show- Morimoto Spare Ribs (pork ribs, cilantro, hoisin sweet chili glaze $15)

You've all likely heard the praise for these ribs on these boards already and I'm here to add to it. We'd eaten at Morimoto many times before but for some reason had never tried these. They were so tender and delicious. We both would've been happy if we'd skipped everything else we ate and just had more of these lol.

Mike actually asked the server if they'd give him the recipe for the sauce they use and he was told no.

giphy.gif

As we finished at Morimoto, we made the executive decision to go back to the resort for a nap instead of going straight back to Hollywood Studios. The heat, combined with the late night and early morning, had gotten to us.

On the way to the bus back, I used the fact that I didn't get a drink at Morimoto as an excuse to get one for the walk back.

There was a hot pink corksicle that I was hoping to buy but it was sold out but I was still happy with this one! I got it with a frose which was refreshing and delicious.

It took a decent amount of time for a bus to come and I actually started to fall asleep sitting on the ground waiting.

Luckily, we were the only ones on the bus when it came because I hit a serious wall.

This is the selfie I sent my sister from the bus.

I only share this horrible picture because I'm such an honest trip reporter lol.

We got back to the resort and it was nap time!

giphy.gif

(Literally only picked this GIF because the dog is sleeping on Duffy lol)

You had a great run of rides at DHS! I also always have a screaming picture on RNRC and never tire of the interior of Tower of Terror (it's SO well decorated!).

Although I'm sure your stomach was bursting, what a fun afternoon of eating around Disney Springs! I've heard nothing but good things about those Morimoto ribs... the next time I get to DS I'll have to figure out a way to try them!

Also, :rotfl: on your sweaty/tired selfie on the bus. I'm pretty sure all of us have felt and looked like that at least once (or many times!) during a trip!

I'm not sure I would have done that, but...

I struggled with it too lol but the SDD FP would've interfered with Fantasmic and then we couldn't have pulled any other FPs that day.

Good to know. I skipped it, not knowing what it was at the time.
Glad I didn't miss too much.

Yeah I mean if you're in the area and have extra time, it's cute but it won't make or break a trip!

The agony of defeat.

:( :(

Matches the outfit, too.

Exactly! Proud of you for noticing!

::yes:: That entire place is fantastic. Best queue in Disney???

I think so!

"Sooo… do I just put my hand up, here?"

:rotfl::rotfl:

Although I'm sure your stomach was bursting, what a fun afternoon of eating around Disney Springs! I've heard nothing but good things about those Morimoto ribs... the next time I get to DS I'll have to figure out a way to try them!

I've heard they have the ribs at the walk-up window also!

lso, :rotfl: on your sweaty/tired selfie on the bus. I'm pretty sure all of us have felt and looked like that at least once (or many times!) during a trip!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I feel it's an accurate representation of Disney in the middle of summer lol

Our Lyft driver was nice but his car smelled like dirty laundry.
Ew!
He attempted to make conversation with us about Star Wars (presumably since he just picked us up from DHS where SWGE would soon open) but we told him we had never seen the movies which meant that he spent the entire ride explaining the movies to us, which order we should watch them in and why we need to see them.
:sad2:
Dude... just... stop. And let me out.
Our first stop was somewhere we'd previously enjoyed but hadn't been back to in a while:
I've heard good things. :)
The first thing that made it to our table was Doctor Astorga's Queso Dip
Yum...
The Fountain of Youth (St. Augustine Florida Cane Vodka, Bols Blue Curaçao, White Cranberry Juice, and Sweet-and-Sour $14).
I'd have that. Sounds good!
Want!!!
the Temple of Bacon
Cool presentation! But...
Unfortunately, the taste fell flat.
… yeah, it has to be backed up by taste or what's the point?
My sister and I overheard another table ask about ordering this when we were just there and the waitress told them it's not something they're offering anymore.
Huh. Guess word got out.
After we wrapped up at Jock Lindsay's, we headed over to another of our favorite DS locations: Morimoto Asia.
Wait... you just ate so you're... going to eat?
Lastly came the stars of the show- Morimoto Spare Ribs
::yes:: Heard of this.
Mike actually asked the server if they'd give him the recipe for the sauce they use and he was told no.
Nice try, though.
Let me help you out...

Morimoto's Hoisin Chili Sticky Spare Ribs

On the way to the bus back, I used the fact that I didn't get a drink at Morimoto as an excuse to get one for the walk back.
:teacher:

Awww... Someone's all tuckered out.
Yeah I mean if you're in the area and have extra time, it's cute but it won't make or break a trip!
Time was one thing that's usually in short supply at Disney.
Exactly! Proud of you for noticing!
I'm a guy... I'm shocked I noticed!

Your drink from Jock Lindsay's looked yummy. I'm a sucker for blue colored drinks, too, I probably would have gotten that, too. :rotfl:
Those infamous ribs! How funny they won't share the recipe.

Ahhh, the classic Florida summer look. One thing I don't miss from living in the state.

Behind pre the usual I’m going to have to stop apologizing or mention that!

oh cars show looked cute, but we never got over to it last trip... maybe next time!

Love the semi bar crawl around Disney springs! I love tasting a bit of everything so right up my alley! Ugh that bacon does not sound yummy at all.... I mean the menu description does your version not so much!

Also I told Dillon I was Going to wear a cape next time we need Edna she was not impressed at all... I feel like I need to and need to video it, it can be documented as the first time I realllly embarrass my child but not the last!

Dude... just... stop. And let me out.

Seriously! It was the longest ride to Disney Springs ever lol

I'd have that. Sounds good!

it's delicious!

… yeah, it has to be backed up by taste or what's the point?

Exactly. The presentation and the concept were good so I was bummed when it didn't taste that great.

Wait... you just ate so you're... going to eat?

:rotfl: :rotfl: The idea was to do a drink and app crawl through Disney Springs but we ate too much at each place and didn't make it far lol

Nice try, though.
Let me help you out...

Morimoto's Hoisin Chili Sticky Spare Ribs

:worship::worship: I just sent this to Mike! Now he's gonna have to make them!

Time was one thing that's usually in short supply at Disney.

Seriously. Why does Disney time go so fast and work time go so slow??

I'm a guy... I'm shocked I noticed!

You did great! Living in a house full of women has trained you well!

Your drink from Jock Lindsay's looked yummy. I'm a sucker for blue colored drinks, too, I probably would have gotten that, too. :rotfl:

It was so good! Glad I'm not alone in being seduced by blue colored drinks lol!

Those infamous ribs! How funny they won't share the recipe.

So good! I want some right now!

Ahhh, the classic Florida summer look. One thing I don't miss from living in the state.

:rotfl: :rotfl: We throw around the idea of moving to Florida a lot and then I remember moments like these lol

Behind pre the usual I’m going to have to stop apologizing or mention that!

I've just accepted it as part of my life at this point lol... there's always so much happening I'm never on top of things.

oh cars show looked cute, but we never got over to it last trip... maybe next time!

It was cute but not a huge miss. If the girls are really into Cars, they'll love it!

Love the semi bar crawl around Disney springs! I love tasting a bit of everything so right up my alley! Ugh that bacon does not sound yummy at all.... I mean the menu description does your version not so much!

It was fun! I'm the same way- I'm much rather eat a bunch of apps than an entree. The bacon was sadly disappointing!

Also I told Dillon I was Going to wear a cape next time we need Edna she was not impressed at all... I feel like I need to and need to video it, it can be documented as the first time I realllly embarrass my child but not the last!

Omg please do!!

On another note entirely, I started the trip report for our most recent trip! It can be found here:
On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure
I will have to jump over to that one next!

This was the Temple of Bacon (Thick-Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon Dipped in Ganachery Milk Chocolate and Chipotle Ganache $13).
We have to try and order this again.

There was a hot pink corksicle that I was hoping to buy but it was sold out but I was still happy with this one! I got it with a frose which was refreshing and delicious.
I think you Disney Springs crawl was perfect!

I only share this horrible picture because I'm such an honest trip reporter lol.
Ha! We all look that at some point.

Dream A Fantasmic Dream

Before I move on with the report, i found some photos in our photopass account that I forgot about. On the way to the buses, we passed a booth advertising for a game, Toy Story Drop. I assume it was new at the time and they were giving out free Toy Story pop sockets if you downloaded the app on your phone. They also had a photopass person there which seemed a little silly at the time but we couldn't resist.

Now seeing the photos, I can confirm they are ridiculous :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway, we were now back at Caribbean Beach!

The idea was to take a short nap and go back to Hollywood Studios but we slept forever. We had gotten back to our resort around 2 am and still rope dropped SDD and we were feeling the lack of sleep now. We considered just staying in for the rest of the night but it was a short trip and our only chance to see Fantasmic, which I love so we made ourselves get out of bed.

It was 7:30 by the time we made it back to Hollywood Studios and Fantasmic was at 9 so we only had a short amount of time.

We stopped for some PP pictures on the way in.

The photographer took some fun solo shots of me showing off my Tower of Terror ears.

And he even had a light saber for Mike to pose with since he had a Millennium Falcon shirt on.

We knew we didn't have enough time to ride any rides so we decided to use the time to meet some characters. Olaf was posted at a 15 minute wait so that's where we went!

After the hug, Olaf indicated that he liked my shirt and ears so I suggested maybe we could ride TOT together some time. Olaf apparently really liked this idea and started walking me to the exit of the meet and greet.

Now this has happened to me before (it's a popular character response to the ears) and the character attendant typically directs the character back to the meet because (obviously) we can not go ride TOT.

In this case though, the character attendants just went with it. Olaf was literally opening the exit door and walking outside and no one was stopping him lol.

Poor Mike was left standing there alone and the photographer was nice enough to capture that for him.

Mike made a comment like, "I guess I'll meet the next family now?" AND THE NEXT FAMILY ACTUALLY CAME UP TO MEET HIM.

I wish someone had been videoing this! I was dying laughing! Eventually Olaf and I made our way back for pictures (very awkwardly since no one stopped us from our attempted escape) and we took some nice normal photos.

I was still laughing as we made our way to Sunset Boulevard and I texted my sister to tell her about it which made me start laughing all over again.

Tower of Terror was especially beautiful at this time of day.

As always, I needed PP pictures, especially since i was dressed the part.

This CM had a lantern to pose with and of course, I took her up on the offer.

She was trying to get me to look creepy and this is when we learned it's a great thing I never went into acting because I couldn't get the pose down to save my life. She gave me great tips and all I managed to do was give myself a terrible double chin so I'm not sharing that one. We ended up just deciding to go for one where I look scared lol.

One more picture of the tower and we were ready to go into the Fantasmic theater!

We had booked the Fantasmic dessert package. This is a relatively new offering in the last few years but I think this was the 3rd time we did it. i've only waited in standby seating once for Fantasmic on my first adult trip and I just remember being in a miserably long line on Sunset Blvd forever. It may not be as bad now but I'll never know because that experience scarred me for life lol. If you book this package, you enter through the same entrance as the fastpass and dining package people and follow the signs to check-in all the way on the left hand side.

When you check in, you receive a light up souvenir necklace and then go through the line to choose your drink and get your desserts.

There are two specialty drinks- the Nightmare punch is the non-alcoholic offering and the Imagination Margarita is the alcoholic.

It's served to you in a souvenir light up cup (which I have 6 of in my cabinet so yup 3rd time we did this lol).

The drink is very sugary but I like it.

Then you get a bag with your dessert tray, a mini bottle of water and a lanyard that tells you everything that's in the tray.

One would think I would take a picture of the list of things included for this report but one would be wrong. 🤷‍♀️The offerings were a little different from last time. Last time was cubes of cheese not Babybel cheese but I didn't mind the change. Mike informed me he had never had Babybel cheese before now and I started questioning our relationship because I can live on cheese.

The package costs $39 for adults and I honestly don't find that price too bad by Disney standards. We typically buy alcoholic drinks and a snack while waiting for Fantasmic anyway so this is just a bit more than we would've spent. Plus, the trays are perfect for packing the leftovers back into the bag and taking back to the room to eat during the rest of the trip.

Soon enough it was showtime and I LOVE Fantasmic! I love the water screens, the characters, the villains and the storyline, everything about it. Mickey saying "Some Imagination Huh" will always make me emotional. That said, my pictures of it almost always are terrible but i got a new fancy camera for Christmas so hopefully that will change in the future.

So many of my favorite classic Disney movies are represented in the show and it makes me so happy.

The prince and princess boats came around and the Snow White one was missing :(

[

I remember seeing Fantasmic when we went when I was a kid and being terrified of it and I feel like this scene may have been why. As an adult, I think it's so cool though.

This is my favorite part! :love:

This is usually when the kids start yelling to their favorite characters, especially since Moana is on the front of the boat lol

And this is pretty much when I start getting emotional!

Leaving the theater after the show is one of my least favorite things ever. It takes FOREVER, people are so rude and dramatic and it makes me claustrophobic lol. It also makes me think about how god forbid something terrible happened, we're all trapped.

Eventually we made it out and got the bus back to Caribbean Beach. When we got back, we had a little less than an hour til the pool closed at 11 so we decided to go for a quick swim. I really wanted to soak my feet in the hot tub but it was so small and overcrowded with little kids (as it was every time we passed it). I used this opportunity to go down the waterslides since I had to wash my hair that night anyway. I was surprised to find the bigger one was very dark and pretty scary lol.

A few minutes before 11, the lifeguards starting making pool closing announcements so we got out and headed back to our room.

I took a picture of the (then in progress) Riveria resort on the walk back!

The next day was our last full day! :( Any guesses where we'd be spending it?

:rotfl: :rotfl: The idea was to do a drink and app crawl through Disney Springs but we ate too much at each place and didn't make it far lol
That'd be me.
"I'm going to have little bits to eat at every DS restaurant! Let's go!"
1st stop D-luxe

"Annnddd… I'm out."
:worship::worship: I just sent this to Mike! Now he's gonna have to make them!
Whoops! Sorry Mike!
Seriously. Why does Disney time go so fast and work time go so slow??
I wish I knew that.
I'd reverse that!
You did great! Living in a house full of women has trained you well!

Now seeing the photos, I can confirm they are ridiculous :rotfl: :rotfl:
:laughing: I like them!
We had gotten back to our resort around 2 am and still rope dropped SDD and we were feeling the lack of sleep now.
Yeah, that'd do it all right.
The photographer took some fun solo shots of me showing off my Tower of Terror ears.
Nice. I like those. And I'm not really a big "ears" fan.
And he even had a light saber for Mike to pose with since he had a Millennium Falcon shirt on.
That's not a lightsaber. That's plastic. C'mon Disney. You need to step up your game.
After the hug, Olaf indicated that he liked my shirt and ears so I suggested maybe we could ride TOT together some time. Olaf apparently really liked this idea and started walking me to the exit of the meet and greet.
In this case though, the character attendants just went with it. Olaf was literally opening the exit door and walking outside and no one was stopping him lol.

Poor Mike was left standing there alone and the photographer was nice enough to capture that for him.
Bye Mike!
You should've just kept going and see how far you could've gotten.
Mike made a comment like, "I guess I'll meet the next family now?" AND THE NEXT FAMILY ACTUALLY CAME UP TO MEET HIM.
:lmao:
Tower of Terror was especially beautiful at this time of day.
Nice shot! Like the clouds behind it. Adds drama.
We ended up just deciding to go for one where I look scared lol.
Ahhhhhhh!!!!
i've only waited in standby seating once for Fantasmic on my first adult trip and I just remember being in a miserably long line on Sunset Blvd forever. It may not be as bad now but I'll never know because that experience scarred me for life lol.
What happened?
It's served to you in a souvenir light up cup (which I have 6 of in my cabinet so yup 3rd time we did this lol).
::yes::
One would think I would take a picture of the list of things included for this report but one would be wrong. 🤷‍♀️
Rookie mistake! :laughing:
Mike informed me he had never had Babybel cheese before now and I started questioning our relationship because I can live on cheese.
Yes... you should question your relationship.
And this is pretty much when I start getting emotional!
Awww... :hug:
Leaving the theater after the show is one of my least favorite things ever. It takes FOREVER, people are so rude and dramatic and it makes me claustrophobic lol.
Yeah... been there. Not the best experience.
The next day was our last full day! :( Any guesses where we'd be spending it?
Disney!!

When my sister and I were just there, the waitress told another table they don't have it. Not sure if it was just that day or if it was permanently gone.
Oh no! Gwen will be so sad. I knew it wouldn't be there forever. It was my way to bribe them to go there. Ha! Maybe it was just hat day.

h, the character attendants just went with it. Olaf was literally opening the exit door and walking outside and no one was stopping him lol.
This is hilarious! I love it.

Also too funny.

What? Did the family find it funny or did they think it was for real?

One would think I would take a picture of the list of things included for this report but one would be wrong. 🤷‍♀️The offerings were a little different from last time. Last time was cubes of cheese not Babybel cheese but I didn't mind the change. Mike informed me he had never had Babybel cheese before now and I started questioning our relationship because I can live on cheese.
I think the babybel cheese are prewrapped crackers is probably better. The little bag with crackers looked cute but they got soggy.

The package costs $39 for adults and I honestly don't find that price too bad by Disney standards. We typically buy alcoholic drinks and a snack while waiting for Fantasmic anyway so this is just a bit more than we would've spent. Plus, the trays are perfect for packing the leftovers back into the bag and taking back to the room to eat during the rest of the trip.
I wish they had a version of this for MK. I like the laid backness of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!