Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to decide if it's better to book the throw away room for much earlier than my actual than I plan to visit the park to get access to the ADR's, or just book it for the free parking and magic bands?

For Example: If I'm planning to visit the parks August 28-29, but will be in FL August 24-31. Is it better to book for the room for the dates we want to visit the park or for the August 24-25th?

If I'm understanding this correctly if we book the throw away room for 8/24 we would be able to make our ADR for the 28th-29th, anyway. Correct?

I really want to have lunch at BOG and Cinderella's tables on those two dates. Please help.

Book the days you will be there (28-29). You will get free parking and you will be able to book FP's and ADR's for the 29th one day earlier than you would if you had the throwaway on the 24th.

Booking on the 24th does not give you an ADR advantage for the 28-29. Although an onsite stay does give you "180+10" for ADR's, it only applies to the days you are actually onsite.

(I'm assuming the august dates are just made up or are for 2019, since you are already within 180 days for August 2018...)

Book the days you will be there (28-29). You will get free parking and you will be able to book FP's and ADR's for the 29th one day earlier than you would if you had the throwaway on the 24th.

Booking on the 24th does not give you an ADR advantage for the 28-29. Although an onsite stay does give you "180+10" for ADR's, it only applies to the days you are actually onsite.

(I'm assuming the august dates are just made up or are for 2019, since you are already within 180 days for August 2018...)

Thank you. I didn't realize the 180+10 was only the dates you were onsite. Yes, I'm planning for 2019. Next week begins the 499 days in advance that we can reserve a room.

Hi everyone. Quick question on how parking works with a throwaway room. We are considering booking one for our stay in Sept/Oct. We will have 10 people and so will have 2 cars. Can 2 cars park for free on one reservation or does it limit you to just one vehicle per reservation? I looked and couldn't find an answer to this, although I may have missed it in the 30+ pages. Thanks!

Hi everyone. Quick question on how parking works with a throwaway room. We are considering booking one for our stay in Sept/Oct. We will have 10 people and so will have 2 cars. Can 2 cars park for free on one reservation or does it limit you to just one vehicle per reservation? I looked and couldn't find an answer to this, although I may have missed it in the 30+ pages. Thanks!

Yes - 2 cars can get the free parking. Anyone driving with a magic band connected to your reservation will get free parking.

Here's a question I haven't seen (apologies if it was posted):
we have purchased tickets the the Disney Performing Arts Program. Our first park day is June 22nd. If book campsite at Ft Wilderness for one night (checking in on 6/22, checking out on 6/23), I will be able to book FP's for 6/22 60 days out and then for each of my subsequent park days as the 60 day park hits. Is this correct?

Also, will we get magic bands sent to us in the mail even though we aren't buying park tickets through WDW directly?

I will be able to book FP's for 6/22 60 days out
It’s 6/22 AND 6/23 when the window opens. Then wait until 60 days out from each offsite park day.

MBs are sent to everyone who has an onsite Stay unless they are non-US residents.

I have to be missing something...a week or so ago, I booked a stay at one of the campsites, starting June 21st and it shows up when I look at my plans on MDE. However, when I go to look at making FP+, it's only allowing me to look 30 days out. Is there something else I need to do? I'm an out of state AP holder, but that shouldn't matter (except that I can only have 7 days of FP+), right?

I have to be missing something...a week or so ago, I booked a stay at one of the campsites, starting June 21st and it shows up when I look at my plans on MDE. However, when I go to look at making FP+, it's only allowing me to look 30 days out. Is there something else I need to do? I'm an out of state AP holder, but that shouldn't matter (except that I can only have 7 days of FP+), right?
With any reservation you are only allowed to see 30 days out until the day you actually reach your 60 day window. So, you have a few weeks to go until you reach your window...

Does this make sense? I book my throwaway room for the first day of arrival (6/24) to book all FPs at 60 days and then under 30 days until arrival I move the reservation to 6/27 to get the EMH. Will my fastpasses still stay?

Does this make sense? I book my throwaway room for the first day of arrival (6/24) to book all FPs at 60 days and then under 30 days until arrival I move the reservation to 6/27 to get the EMH. Will my fastpasses still stay?
Book your onsite room for 6/27 and when the 60-day window opens, it includes the 6/24 - 6/28 days for immediate FP booking. Then the window rolls for whatever other days you have.

This thread does not address the canceling of these rooms because keeping them allows the parking, EMH, and MB perks.

If this question has already been asked forgive me,
If someone books at one of the Disney Springs resorts that gets you 60 day FP's, do you also qualify for the magic bands, free parking, rolling 60 days on FP's for rest of offsite trip?

If this question has already been asked forgive me,
If someone books at one of the Disney Springs resorts that gets you 60 day FP's, do you also qualify for the magic bands, free parking, rolling 60 days on FP's for rest of offsite trip?
Yes: for rolling 60. Rolling applies to every onsite reservation.

Yes: for EMH

No: MBs, Parking at parks

This thread has been so informative. I have a question regarding cast member passes. Not sure if anyone here can help. We will be visiting in September as guests of my sister, she will be letting myself, DH, DM into the park each day. We will then buy a child pass for my DS3, hopefully at a discount.
1. Can we book a throw away with a CM discount? Will this look bad on her? I don't want to do anything to jeopardize her.
2. If we book a throwaway for our 1 night only, do we also get rolling 60 day bookings for FP+? This would be of great value as with CM passes you only get a 7 day FP window, but it's my understanding that you can get the 60 day window with a resort reservation with these passes. We are staying for 12 nights. So would be get to book FP for the entire trip 60 days out, one day at a time?
Thanks so much.

How are you getting $61? With military discount I was quoted $121

How are you getting $61? With military discount I was quoted $121
Hi! Not sure where I wrote $61, I looked back and couldn't find it.
I just did a quick search and my prices come up between $55 and $75 a night for our dates in mid-September. We haven't booked yet as we are waiting for my sisters CM discount. She doesn't arrive until July. I'm expecting the discount to be between 40-50%. We are Canadian. I'm not sure if the prices I see reflect that. I wish I could post a photo, but I really don't understand photo posting here.

My window opened yesterday for a throwaway room stay at the campsite the 14th and I was able to make fast passes for the 14th and the 15th. I have three more days to make fast passes for, and my window for the 16th did not open today which is the next day. tomorrow is actually 60 days from the 16th, will my window open then or do I have an issue making this work.

I have a July trip planned with my entire family, 15 people total. My family of 4 is going down 2 days prior to everyone else. I am the planner, so I will be the one making the FP reservations. We all have onsite stays booked. To make my life easier, I want to book a throwaway room for everyone else to get our FP dates to match up. I tried to book a campsite (room only), but it didn't change the FP date. Last year when we added a room only reservation to the beginning of our trip for flight reasons, the FP date changed to a day earlier. Will this not work with campsites? Should I try booking a room at a value resort instead, or will this scenario not work anymore?

I have a July trip planned with my entire family, 15 people total. My family of 4 is going down 2 days prior to everyone else. I am the planner, so I will be the one making the FP reservations. We all have onsite stays booked. To make my life easier, I want to book a throwaway room for everyone else to get our FP dates to match up. I tried to book a campsite (room only), but it didn't change the FP date. Last year when we added a room only reservation to the beginning of our trip for flight reasons, the FP date changed to a day earlier. Will this not work with campsites? Should I try booking a room at a value resort instead, or will this scenario not work anymore?
No one else needs a Throwaway Room if they have separately linked tickets, not a package: room + tickets.

The people who have the earliest arriving stay open the FP window for everyone else.

One onsite person in each FP selection grouping ensures the 60-day FP window is open.

Does everyone have separately linked tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter