Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a throwaway room work at a Disney springs hotel? Would I have to check
In in person or can I do that online like at Disney resorts?

Would a throwaway room work at a Disney springs hotel? Would I have to check
In in person or can I do that online like at Disney resorts?
Disney Springs Hotels aren’t owned by Disney and each has their own check-in rules. For EMH, you’ll need to pick up a voucher from the hotel.

I have a throw away for one night - I know I don't have to physically check in at the resort but what about free theme park parking? Do I need something from the resort to put in the windshield or will the parking attendant check our magic bands??
TIA

I have a throw away for one night - I know I don't have to physically check in at the resort but what about free theme park parking? Do I need something from the resort to put in the windshield or will the parking attendant check our magic bands??
TIA

They check your magic bands. Just make sure you do online check-in.

Oh, and RTR!

Today was my 60-day FP+ booking day. Even at 60 days, nothing available for FOP or SDD on check-in or check-out day of my 1 night stay. I'll get a second try at FOP with AK's EMH on check-in day, so that's something. And I do plan to hang around in the room for an afternoon break, so yes, I will actually be using the room! :upsidedow

As international visitors, wanted to post our experience with a throwaway room this week:

We booked a campsite and are, in general, very happy with this decision. We even used the campsite today as a spot to chill and tour the grounds. However, because we are not from the U.S.A., our Magic Bands could not be mailed out in advance and had to be physically picked up. I had read on here that you can pick your Magic Bands up at your resort up to 15 days in advance of your reservation. Just wanted to comment that this is NO LONGER TRUE. Magic Bands at the campsites are not delivered until the wee hours of the morning of your reservation. This added quite a headache to our plans, as I had to show up at 6am to get our Magic Bands because we were headed to the parks early (we went the day before to pick them up, only to be told they were not in yet).

Everything else went smoothly - they even printed us parking passes for both vehicles "just in case" our Magic Bands didn't work properly.

Thanks for all of the advice on this thread, @hiroMYhero !

We have a group of 24 going to WDW for Spring Break 2019 and are staying offsite. We're considering a "throwaway room" (well, really a campsite) for the FP+ at 60 days instead of having to wait until 30 days. I just don't think we'll have much luck getting the FPs that we want at that time of year. Do I need to get 3 campsites since you can only have 10 guests at each campsite or do we just need 1 and then link everyone's MDE accounts together?

We have a group of 24 going to WDW for Spring Break 2019 and are staying offsite. We're considering a "throwaway room" (well, really a campsite) for the FP+ at 60 days instead of having to wait until 30 days. I just don't think we'll have much luck getting the FPs that we want at that time of year. Do I need to get 3 campsites since you can only have 10 guests at each campsite or do we just need 1 and then link everyone's MDE accounts together?

You can link them together and have them umbrella into the 60 day window. However, with so many people this could be a bit challenging to keep everything straight if some members want to ride different rides or go to a different park. You need to make sure the initial fast passes of the "umbrella'd" party includes at least one person listed on the campsite. Also, you will be trying to get fast passes for a huge group, so some may be difficult to get even at 60+ days.

2 questions:
1. My family has very different schedules (some want to come an hour and a half before park opening and some an hour and a half after) and we find that renting 2 cars works a lot better then renting one van. That requires paying parking fees twice a day (one for each car). Will the free parking from the throwaway room give us free parking for both cars?

2. How does the merging stay 1 and stay 2 work? If you have one reservation Tuesday-Wednesday and one Thursday-Friday, would you be able to book FP+ for Friday 60 days before Tuesday or 60 days before Thursday? Does that make sense?

2 questions:
1. My family has very different schedules (some want to come an hour and a half before park opening and some an hour and a half after) and we find that renting 2 cars works a lot better then renting one van. That requires paying parking fees twice a day (one for each car). Will the free parking from the throwaway room give us free parking for both cars?

2. How does the merging stay 1 and stay 2 work? If you have one reservation Tuesday-Wednesday and one Thursday-Friday, would you be able to book FP+ for Friday 60 days before Tuesday or 60 days before Thursday? Does that make sense?

1. Yes - anyone connected to the reservation will get free parking.

2. You can make all FP reservations on your first day. We had the exact same "merge" window this year and I booked them all on 60 days before the Tuesday :)

Will a person who checks in online still get charged the overnight parking fee even if they do not go to the campground/resort? If so, I assume that is around the same amount I would have paid for theme park parking? I'll still be good with the savings on MB (we have old ones, but they're probably going to die soon) and FP at 60 rolling will help as well.

I could use a refresher course...

We went in 2016 and had a rental house for a week. We also had a campsite for the first four nights of our trip.

If we go to FL from 12/3-12/13, with days on and off for park visits do I need to rent the campsite for all ten nights in order to have the FP+ at 60 +10? I know I can do just one night to have 180+10 for dining.
If I only do one night campsite, (12/3) do I then get rolling 60 day FP+?

Maybe I am asking this backwards...

I'd appreciate as much help as possible.

Our old bands are too old.

Last edited:
Will a person who checks in online still get charged the overnight parking fee even if they do not go to the campground/resort? If so, I assume that is around the same amount I would have paid for theme park parking? I'll still be good with the savings on MB (we have old ones, but they're probably going to die soon) and FP at 60 rolling will help as well.
I may be wrong because I haven’t ever needed to pay the resort parking, but my understanding is that you only pay the resort parking fee if you say yes when they ask if you have a car (someone correct me if I’m wrong). Also, I’m pretty sure parking at the campsites is free anyway (the only exception to the resort parking fee).

There are no parking fees for the campground. That’s the one exception.

I could use a refresher course...

We went in 2016 and had a rental house for a week. We also had a campsite for the first four nights of our trip.

If we go to FL from 12/3-12/13, with days on and off for park visits do I need to rent the campsite for all ten nights in order to have the FP+ at 60 +10? I know I can do just one night to have 180+10 for dining.
If I only do one night campsite, (12/3) do I then get rolling 60 day FP+?

Maybe I am asking this backwards...

I'd appreciate as much help as possible.

Our old bands are too old.
If you have one night campsite you can book your first and second days both at 60, after that starting with day 3 it’s a rolling 60 day window.

I am seriously considering doing this. We've got a 3 bedroom condo offsite for $800 for 7 nights in June (nothing on property even comes close to that, especially for the space.) I was planning to buy Magic Bands anyway because our last set is 5 years old and we really like having them. I can book a campsite for $90 which would include 4 Magic Bands ($60) plus 2 days of free parking ($50). Plus, we get the 60 day FP booking.

I think I just talked myself into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!