Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to get this clear, a throwaway room for 1 night gets you 60+1 days advance FP for checkin/checkout dates, and all other dates after that will need to wait for 30 days advance bookings?
Correct as of info from Friday and confirmation on the News/Rumors Board.

I thought Disney made it so you couldn't do this anymore?

They stopped one of the benefits of doing this- you no longer get a rolling window on fp’s. They also stopped linking of a split stay to extend your window, so it does affect onsite reservations to a point.

It works, but there are some changes to how umbrella operates. One example: you cannot modify the FP for anyone not on the reservation (you get an error when you try to commit).

Has anyone called in to see if FP can be changed that way? Not even sure if calling is an option tbh.

Can you still get FP+ for all days until the reservation? For example, 60 days from today is April 30th, so if I had a campsite the night of April 30th, could I book FP+ for April 28th, 29th, etc?

Can you still get FP+ for all days until the reservation? For example, 60 days from today is April 30th, so if I had a campsite the night of April 30th, could I book FP+ for April 28th, 29th, etc?
Today, probably yes due to FP windows glitching.

When the glitch disappears, you can book the 28th and 29th 30 days out.

No. Anything past 30 days requires a resort stay connected to those days. In other words, a one night stay at 60 days doesn't open up everything from 31 to 60 days.

I'm strongly considering booking a throwaway room. I'm an international visitor with old magic bands. Will our old magic bands work on our check in day or will I *have* to pick up the new ones before we go to the park for EMH? Ideally on the first day I'd like to use the old bands for EMH, then pick up the new bands after we are finished at the park for the afternoon.

I'm strongly considering booking a throwaway room. I'm an international visitor with old magic bands. Will our old magic bands work on our check in day or will I *have* to pick up the new ones before we go to the park for EMH? Ideally on the first day I'd like to use the old bands for EMH, then pick up the new bands after we are finished at the park for the afternoon.

The old ones will work as long as they're active in your MDE account.

We use throwaway occasionally. Usually we stay on property but with all the new fees and prices increasing. Having an AP and staying offsite and then booking a throwaway mainly for emh it works. Not really worried about fps anymore due to success of refresh

I *think* from reading this excellent thread that I should be able to book 3 separate single campsite nights (M/W/F) which will give us benefits for all 6 days of our trip? (Monday thru Saturday). Is this correct?

I *think* from reading this excellent thread that I should be able to book 3 separate single campsite nights (M/W/F) which will give us benefits for all 6 days of our trip? (Monday thru Saturday). Is this correct?
Yes. :-)

Just remember your 60 days window will open three separate times. IIRC

Well I have to say that I hate this change. Our family willing and happily gave Disney more money for each of our trips to open up this 60 day window. We always kept and paid for each of our throwaway rooms. We are time share owners and currently have APs so the last benefit for Disney getting money out of us in this way has now gone away. I guess on the bright side we can thank Disney for saving us several hundred dollars from the trips we had planned for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter