Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever had issues using just online check in that resulted in having to actually go to the resort? I know at some of the non campsite resorts there would be times that getting a room ready text would not work and you had to go to the front desk. Is this ever an issue at the Fort? Thanks! Not that I really need a campsite number but I would just worry it wouldn't show us as checked in for parking at parks.

Well I have to say that I hate this change. Our family willing and happily gave Disney more money for each of our trips to open up this 60 day window. We always kept and paid for each of our throwaway rooms. We are time share owners and currently have APs so the last benefit for Disney getting money out of us in this way has now gone away. I guess on the bright side we can thank Disney for saving us several hundred dollars from the trips we had planned for this year.

You can still have this benefit. You just don't get an entire week of the benefit by paying for just one night.

How does this affect dining reservations?
Do they no longer roll forward either? I was not able to get BoG reservations for lunch, so we had to settle for CP.

Do they no longer roll forward either? I was not able to get BoG reservations for lunch, so we had to settle for CP.
Offsite guests book dining 180 days out from each date.

This Throwaway Thread focuses on park perks and not Dining.

They will roll forward to 180 days + length of stay (checkout day). If you only book one night, you'll get ADR availability at check in and check out day, the rest of your days will come up one at a time at 180 days.

Thanks! I have a one night stay at FW as a throw away.
I thought onsite stays also gave you ADR before offsite stays.

You can still have this benefit. You just don't get an entire week of the benefit by paying for just one night.

You are correct. I guess what I should have said is that the cost of a throwaway room isn’t worth only getting 2 days of FPS at 60 days. I don’t entertain any ideas that my type of a Disney guest is anywhere close to the top of the line of folks Disney wants to keep happy even if we do have APs but I thought they didn’t mind squeezing more money out of our family on each of our trips.

You are correct. I guess what I should have said is that the cost of a throwaway room isn’t worth only getting 2 days of FPS at 60 days. I don’t entertain any ideas that my type of a Disney guest is anywhere close to the top of the line of folks Disney wants to keep happy even if we do have APs but I thought they didn’t mind squeezing more money out of our family on each of our trips.

I think it depends on the group size. For my party of seven, the cost of parking and magic bands covers a few days of the site anyway.

That said, my campsite dates are now unavailable. I meant to book on the weekend and now they are gone. I'm blaming SWGE... because that is what I am going to blame on everything from now on.

I think it depends on the group size. For my party of seven, the cost of parking and magic bands covers a few days of the site anyway.

That said, my campsite dates are now unavailable. I meant to book on the weekend and now they are gone. I'm blaming SWGE... because that is what I am going to blame on everything from now on.

I was able to book today. Reserved almost two weeks and will modify after airfare is published.

Oh, if you are wanting magic bands and free parking then I can see a throwaway room would be worth it. Our family has APs so we get free parking and we have more magic bands than we know what to do with so our only benefit was the rolling 60 day for FPs. Disney reducing that benefit reduces the money we give them....not that they will miss it.

Oh, if you are wanting magic bands and free parking then I can see a throwaway room would be worth it. Our family has APs so we get free parking and we have more magic bands than we know what to do with so our only benefit was the rolling 60 day for FPs. Disney reducing that benefit reduces the money we give them....not that they will miss it.

This makes sense now too.
:)

I’m considering booking 2 nights at campsite. At checkout it states that the remaining balance is due at check in. Can this be paid online or do you have to check in in person? I’ve only done a one night before so it was paid all at once.

I’m considering booking 2 nights at campsite. At checkout it states that the remaining balance is due at check in. Can this be paid online or do you have to check in in person? I’ve only done a one night before so it was paid all at once.
Online and online checkin you never have to go to the campsite :D

If I book a campsite, don't park a car at the resort but park at the parks, would I be charged for parking at the resort?
And do you get magic bands with the resort reservation even if you purchase your tickets from Undercover Tourist?

If I book a campsite, don't park a car at the resort but park at the parks, would I be charged for parking at the resort?
And do you get magic bands with the resort reservation even if you purchase your tickets from Undercover Tourist?

Are you bringing your car back to the resort when the parks close? I don't believe they allow overnight parking in the park lots.

Yes you will get magic bands that will be mailed to you about 3 weeks before your reservation. Just link your UT tickets to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!