Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about a throwaway room. We have a campsite booked for 1 night to get free parking and a jump on the fastpasses. I haven't purchased tickets yet..

If I add on another night to my reservation and include my tickets, will I still be able to book my fastpasses at 60 days out even though I will only have paid my deposit for the extra night and my tickets?

I have a question about a throwaway room. We have a campsite booked for 1 night to get free parking and a jump on the fastpasses. I haven't purchased tickets yet..

If I add on another night to my reservation and include my tickets, will I still be able to book my fastpasses at 60 days out even though I will only have paid my deposit for the extra night and my tickets?

I assume you are asking about adding a room plus tickets (a package) to your room only reservation? I'm not sure what the advantage is...

I assume you are asking about adding a room plus tickets (a package) to your room only reservation? I'm not sure what the advantage is...
I was hoping to get my tickets by October, so I could be able to pick my fastpasses at 60 days out, but unexpected expenses came up for something unrelated and I may have to get my tickets in November. If I add one night plus tickets (a package) will I still be able to book fastpasses at 60 days out?

So, forgive me if this has been covered previously, but a few years back on a trip I reserved a campsite (that was never used) so I could access fastpasses at 60 days out for 2 days.

I read somewhere that maybe if I do that again I can get parking covered for those days? Is that true? And if it is, could I print out the reservation to show park entry to get free parking or just show the reservation on my phone or something? Having to physically travel to the campsite to "check in" would seem like more work and time than it's worth.

Thanks in advance!

So, forgive me if this has been covered previously, but a few years back on a trip I reserved a campsite (that was never used) so I could access fastpasses at 60 days out for 2 days.

I read somewhere that maybe if I do that again I can get parking covered for those days? Is that true? And if it is, could I print out the reservation to show park entry to get free parking or just show the reservation on my phone or something? Having to physically travel to the campsite to "check in" would seem like more work and time than it's worth.

Thanks in advance!

Why would someone do this?

Although offsite guests can now make 30 day advanced FP+ reservations, there are still advantages to making a throwaway room reservation if you are staying offsite:

1. 60 day + advanced FP+ reservations for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days, up to the number of ticket entitlements you have. Days do not need to be Even a one day throwaway room has a significant advantage here, which will be explained in a minute.

2. Magic bands (MB) for everyone on the reservation.

3. Free parking at Theme Parks for the length of stay of your throwaway room, including the check-in and check-out days.

4. Admission to Extra Magic Hours (EMH)

5. Advanced dining reservations (ADR) 180 days prior to check in for the entire length of stay ("180 +10")

Do I need to actually check-in?

With the advent of online check-in, most guests do not even show up at the resort. If you check-in online, your MB is already active and can be used for Theme Park parking, FP+ and EMH.

Am I doing something wrong? I booked a throwaway room at campgrounds for 10/22-10/23. I have 6-day park hopper and my sister's family has 5-day park hopper. Yesterday, the 60-day window opened. But I could only book 10/22 and 10/23. Today I can still only book 10/22 and 10/23. I thought it was a sliding scale?

Am I doing something wrong? I booked a throwaway room at campgrounds for 10/22-10/23. I have 6-day park hopper and my sister's family has 5-day park hopper. Yesterday, the 60-day window opened. But I could only book 10/22 and 10/23. Today I can still only book 10/22 and 10/23. I thought it was a sliding scale?
You're still in your original booking period.

The window rolls with the first "true" offsite day.

You're still in your original booking period.

The window rolls with the first "true" offsite day.
An, so tomorrow I should be able to book for 10/24?

Thank you. Us old folks aren't used to all this high tech stuff. LOL

Quick question

Booked a throwaway campsite
When I go to checkin to pick up my magic bands as they dont ship to Canada

Will i get my parking pass at the desk?
Also if i wanted to book a bounce back offer how wod I do this since their is technically no hotel room?

I have a campsite booked for Oct 29-30 and have 4 park tickets for my family. When I go to book fastpasses (beginning Oct 29), my window only goes out 30 days (to Sep 28). What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind. It's only showing 30 because I'm not within my 60 day window. My big day is tomorrow!

Last edited:
Nothing, read the Booking Window section of the FastPass thread. Plus 60 days from Oct 29 is Aug 30, not Aug 29

For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (from the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FPs using this 30-day window.

I have a few questions and I hope this make sense!

I am considering a throwaway room which I've only done once before when MB were only available to onsite guests and we were staying offsite. However, I have some questions. We have a part of 13 people who will be using magic bands and one 1 year old. 5 of us have MB, 8 of us will need them.

All of us will be buying our tickets separately, not linked to the campsite reservation. If we reserve the campsite but don't buy tickets do we get MB?

Once the MB are received can only those bands be linked to the room and reserve FP? For instance, my 3 year old nephew needs a MB, so he'll be on the reservation, but I don't need to reserve FP early for him, I want to be able to reserve FP early for an adult that already owns a MB. Is it possible to only link the MB we want to the reservation and take the ones we don't want on the reservation off? Does that make sense?

Thanks to anybody who can follow this for any advice you can offer!

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked but I'm hoping for clarification. I have been reading and I haven't seen this issue clarified yet, but with 27 pages, maybe I missed it.

Booked a "throwaway" room for night one of a 10 night offsite stay (may actually use it, but nonetheless...) in end of March/April 2018, which is my first time going at a very busy time.

I will certainly have bought my park tickets as we approach the 60 day FP+ window, but I'm waiting to pull the trigger for sure until we can confirm that my in-laws are able to have us use their timeshare that week. What I'm curious about is the dining reservation window. Maybe I'm on the wrong thread? If so, can someone direct me to the right thread?

Anyway, If I can book dining reservations in advance with my throwaway room, can I continue to book those reservations without tickets linked yet, past my room reservation date, until I leave the Orlando area? Or does the system need to know that I have multi-day tickets linked to my account for me to continue to book reservations?

I have a few questions and I hope this make sense!

I am considering a throwaway room which I've only done once before when MB were only available to onsite guests and we were staying offsite. However, I have some questions. We have a part of 13 people who will be using magic bands and one 1 year old. 5 of us have MB, 8 of us will need them.

All of us will be buying our tickets separately, not linked to the campsite reservation. If we reserve the campsite but don't buy tickets do we get MB?

Once the MB are received can only those bands be linked to the room and reserve FP? For instance, my 3 year old nephew needs a MB, so he'll be on the reservation, but I don't need to reserve FP early for him, I want to be able to reserve FP early for an adult that already owns a MB. Is it possible to only link the MB we want to the reservation and take the ones we don't want on the reservation off? Does that make sense?

Thanks to anybody who can follow this for any advice you can offer!

You will get MBs for anyone listed on the reservation even if buying tickets separately. When they arrive they will be linked to the person on the reservation so you can't transfer them.

Although I have no personal experience, from what I've read on these boards anyone on your friend and family list can make their FPs when you do at 60 days out. I'm not sure if that's true.

Anyway, If I can book dining reservations in advance with my throwaway room, can I continue to book those reservations without tickets linked yet, past my room reservation date, until I leave the Orlando area? Or does the system need to know that I have multi-day tickets linked to my account for me to continue to book reservations?

Anyone can book ADR at 180 days. You do not need tickets or a room reservation.

Hi guys! I am new to these boards so sorry if this posted the wrong way...
I have a couple of questions, dont seem to find the answer on the thread, sorry if ir has been clarified before...

Booked my campaite for 1 night in november- here are my questions:

- i see people check in online , how do I check out??? Dont see anywhere how to check out...

- if i dont check in online what do I miss (dont really care for parking since we dont have a car or EMH, so is that it?) or are MB not active until check in?
I know you can manage your MB on the disney application and either activate them or deactivate them So i am assuming that once I associate the ones i get from the campsite in the mail i can link them and activate them?

Am I missing anything else?

Thanks a million!!

QUOTE="ConnecticutFlea, post: 58143271, member: 576813"]You will get MBs for anyone listed on the reservation even if buying tickets separately. When they arrive they will be linked to the person on the reservation so you can't transfer them.

Although I have no personal experience, from what I've read on these boards anyone on your friend and family list can make their FPs when you do at 60 days out. I'm not sure if that's true.

Anyone can book ADR at 180 days. You do not need tickets or a room reservation.[/QUOTE]

When you check in on line you can skip formally checking in and go directly to the parks. No need to check out because you will have already provided Disney with your credit card information. Disney will send you a bill via email and if there is no dispute you really don't have to do anything.

Your magic band is active the moment you link it to yourself in MDE. You do not have to activate it. If you wish you can deactivate it afterwards, but that's not necessary unless you lose it. You do not have to have a Disney reservation to use a magic band. You do need tickets in order to make FP selections and the tickets have to be scanned into MDE and linked to the person who will be using them. When you go to EMH Disney will scan your magic band which will link any information in your MDE. The resort information is on there. I use Disney transportation so I have no idea about the parking, but I assume like everything else the info is in your MDE and easily accessed via magic band.

I am sorry if I missed this higher up in the thread, but I need clarification. If I book a 1-night room but have tickets associated for 7 nights, will I be able to book all of my ADR's for the entire week on day 180 or is it rolling, like the FP+ after the check-in/check-out dates?

I am sorry if I missed this higher up in the thread, but I need clarification. If I book a 1-night room but have tickets associated for 7 nights, will I be able to book all of my ADR's for the entire week on day 180 or is it rolling, like the FP+ after the check-in/check-out dates?
You can book dining for the whole time. The board here they referred to it as 180+10, (although to me it is more like 180-10).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts