thumbs down for Wyndham Resort Orlando on International

dzneprincess

This page intentionally left blank
We had a bad experience here, after 5 wonderful nights at AsSp we moved to Wyndham Resort for the Universal part of our trip. I had won this room on Priceline for 50.00 a nght. I did like that it was very close to USF/IOA and the rooms werent dirty or anything. It is just too large of a property,even # rooms were on the bottom floor, odds on the top floor. Of course we got an odd room way at the back of the resort. 917 BEWARE of this room. Everything seemed fine upon check in. We hauled everything and went to the park. When we returned to the room, the AC unit wouldnt turn on. At this point it was close to midnight. WE called the front desk, and they had maintenace come up. My children ages 5 and 6 had already fallen asleep. The maintenance man took the cover off the ac unit, and jiggled a cord and a small electrical explosion occured. He promptly told me that we would have to switch rooms, he called the front desk and told them, then he let me talk to the front desk. She advised me that the only room she had avble was a smoking room in bldg one! SO at midnight we had to schelp all our stuff back in the car along with 2 sleeping kids, both in our pjs and move from the back of the resort to the front building. GRRR. SHe sent someone to give us our keys, at the old room. So, of course at midnight there was no parking spot, DH and I had to unload the car then he parked it elsewhere. We got to the room, and the room key didnt work..........dble grrrrr.....i had to walk to the lobby which at midnight seems a LONG WAY AWAY!!!!! When we finally got in our new room, it smelt AWFUL. ICK the stench was disgusting. BUT what could I do? I was just soooooooo glad that this was only a 3 night stay then onto the SHeraton Safari which i hoped wasn't as bad as this. Sheraton Safari gets a big thumbs UP BTW :-) Oh yeah, my DH sd he noticed that the electrical socket and the carpet near that AC unit looked very badly damaged. He said it probably is a routine problem. I cant believe they would still use this room with that big of a safety hazard!

I can see them having to move you into a less than desirable room for one night but did they at least try to move you the next day? What a shame! :(

How horrible for you and your family! :( They should have had someone come with a cart and move your stuff for you! They should have moved you int a non-smoking the next day too. You shouldnt have had to be that inconvienced because of their maintenance problems. I have heard good things about this hotel, and I know that any place that has that much traffic has problems like this every once in awhile, but how they treated you was unacceptable. It would have been different (maybe) if it hadnt been in the middle of the night and you didnt have two sleeping kids.

Thanks for posting the warning. Im glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay at the other hotels!

Sheila

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad time. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. :wave:

the resort itself wasnt run down or anything, I just had a very bad experience. Stay away from room 917 anyone who travels to this resort. I would also recommend looking at the outlet and carpet near the AC unit in any other unit just to be on the safe side.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the Wyndham Orlando.
Oh yeah, my DH sd he noticed that the electrical socket and the carpet near that AC unit looked very badly damaged. He said it probably is a routine problem. I cant believe they would still use this room with that big of a safety hazard!
Well, you never know. The front desk may not have been aware of the problem before you brought it to their attention. IMO, they did the right thing to move you right away ... sleeping kids and all. It's too bad you got stuck in a yucky room after that and they didn't move you the next day.

Given the severity of your problems, you may want to write or call Wyndham corporate. Even though you paid for this hotel through Priceline they will want to be aware of the problems at this resort. They may be willing to compensate you in some way.

I would let Priceline know......maybe they could shake things up or take them off their list...they don't need any more problems at Priceline!!!!...Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter