Thunderstorms EVERYDAY?

Unofficial627

Mouseketeer
I just checked out the weather forcast for Orlando, and everyday is sporting thunderstorms! It says isolated, scattered, etc. Does this mean that everyday will be nothing but non-stop storms? I've read of the daily afternoon shower, is that what this is? Any info would be great.

It has been showers in the afternoon lately. They usually pass within 30 minutes or so. Yesterday we were supposed to have afternoon showers but it never happened. I would pack ponchos just in case and be prepared to do a little shopping or eating while it is raining.

You can almost set you watch by the storms. They are usually quick to pass through, just be careful the storms are packed with heavy lightning on occasion.

Also remember that the weather forecast covers all of the Orlando Metro area which is a much larger area than just WDW. There are generally scattered thunderstorms every afternoon/evening in the central Florida area. And scattered means just that - I've been in the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot when it was pouring on the Japan side and sunny on the Italy side.

Don't let it get you in a tizzy, just know that there is likely to be a short period of rain most days and plan accordingly.

Thanks! I'm now confident about the weather. We have ponchos and a cheap dollar store umbrella (that way it won't matter if it unfolds or breaks somehow).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!