Thursday House Update...Is this good or bad??

Beauty

DIS Veteran
Well the owners of the house requested unitil tomorrow morning to decide. I don't know if thats good or bad. At least its showing they are considering everything I guess. Anyway I know Misty (our realtor) said that they were a little concerned with the date of possession. I'm telling you these people have more junk then I have ever seen. Every closet in 3500 square feet is full of junk. Every room is full of junk....I mean over and beyond normal junk and they have only lived in the house 5 years...but they are older so I'm sure this is a lifetime of junk built up.

Anyway thats today's update. Hopefully tomorrow we will know a little more on whether to start packing or start looking again.

I don't think that they're asking for another day is bad, it would show me that they are giving your offer serious consideration. If the date of possession becomes a problem, make sure that it is in your contract that they pay you rent for every day that they stay past your possession date.

Best of luck!

Thanks Bonnie and Mary Jo....actually the date of posession isn't that big of a deal for us. Of course they would pay until they are gone BUT....in the contract the closing date is set for August 31st. Well we leave for Disney on September 6th....plus my moms house isn't even on the market yet so we aren't in a complete rush to be in the house. The first week we could even think of starting to move small things is the week of September 16th when we get back from Disney. So we could definatly give them until mid-September or even the end of September wouldn't be a problem. I told Misty this and she was going to let them know.

I did find out though that a house in the same neighborhood as this one was just reduced for $310,000 down to $270,000 because there had been no offers. Although this house is smaller it has all the "rich" qualities...White carpet, white walls, marble tile, granite...all the expensive building materials. The house IS NOT us...but I just thought that maybe since it was reduced that much that our offer being $25,000 less than the asking price isn't really that bad.

I don't think that's a bad sign either. And also to know that another home in the area dropped in price might help too. I remember that feeling all too well... the waiting is the worst isn't i?? Good luck!!!

Now if the reply would have tripped the **** filter here that would have been a bad sign. Thinking about it is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!