Ticket and hotel discounts?

Artygal90

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm just trying to figure out my budget and when I'll need to have all my financial ducks in a row, so I've got some questions! I'm having some difficulty finding this info elsewhere so I thought I'd ask the hivemind.

First, we're going to Universal early next September (specifically thinking Mon-Fri Sept. 9th - 13th). Looking at ticket prices, I'm seeing a deal for 2 extra days free with a 3-day ticket available now through September 17th, 2018. Obviously that won't work for a 2019 September trip, but I'm wondering how often and at what time of year are those ticket promos released?

Second - are annual passholder rates ever a better deal than the Stay More, Save More rates? Right now I'd be able to book Hard Rock Hotel for my dates for $259.20/night with SMSM. I may want to upgrade our tickets to Annual Passes but probably would only do so if we could book HRH for cheaper than that. Would love to hear people's opinions on the pros and cons of getting an AP with an eye towards getting hotel discounts!

Passholder deals tend to be about the same as the biggest SMSM deal...that is if you are staying more than 5 days. Remember that you don't have to have an annual pass in hand to book the rate, so you can just get normal tickets and then upgrade on of them if a better hotel deal comes along.

Next year, there may be no ticket special. With the new Harry Potter coaster coming out, they may not need to be boosting attendance.

The summer AP deals looked very good this year. I saw dates with rates below $200 for RPR. Unfortunately the fall AP rates are quite disappointing in comparison. My SMSM rate is significantly lower than the AP rate. I would book the SMSM rate and if the AP rate happens to be better when it comes out, switch it.

The summer AP deals looked very good this year. I saw dates with rates below $200 for RPR.

I saw those too. Fingers crossed for as good of a deal next summer .

OP, we're doing a split stay of more than 5 days so we will be upgrading our B2g3 tickets to AP once we get there. The best advice I've seen is to book the hotel at a rate you're comfortable paying then watch/hope for it to go down.

There are also other discounts to be had with the lowest AP, just depends on your hotel. We're staying at CBBR and there are small discounts for them that we will take advantage of. Now there are other reasons we're upgrading, but it wasn't until I really read the fine print on the AP benefits that I even knew they were there.

Next year, there may be no ticket special. With the new Harry Potter coaster coming out, they may not need to be boosting attendance.

Ha, that would make sense, as we are trying to time our trip for after the new HP ride opens!

Thanks for the input everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter