Ticket changes - help needed please!

disneyfam31

Mouseketeer
Hello!

I am in the midst of planning a last minute trip for this coming weekend (Jan 17-21) and because of another trip I already have planned for early February, I am rethinking my ticket strategy and need some help.

Background:
- Currently have a 3-day hopper for the Feb trip.
- ticket is already linked and assigned to me under my mom’s MDE acct (she purchased the tickets and linked them)
- I have a separate MDE acct, but only have some dining reservations attached for the Feb trip, not tickets
- All of our fastpasses for the Feb trip are setup under my name on my mom's MDE acct using the 3 day hopper ticket

What I want to do:
- purchase an Annual Pass
- Reassign my current 3-day hopper to my daughter for Jan trip
- Use my annual pass in Jan and Feb trips

Concerns / questions:
- how can I add the new ticket (annual pass) to my name under my mom's MDE so I don't lose the fastpasses we already have for the Feb trip? I also want to make sure I can use this ticket on my own personal MDE account for various trips including January that I will have without my mom.

- How do I reassign my current ticket to my daughter? Her name also exists under my mom's MDE account, but I would prefer to have it under my MDE acct since my mom will not be with us for January. She is a minor and I do not have a current MDE for her separately.

I realize this is quite confusing, but I would rather do this than try to upgrade my existing 3-day ticket in January if possible.

Thank you in advance to any of you who can help me sort this out quickly!

I think IT can link both versions of you, unless there's a reason you want a version of you on your mom's account and your own separate account.

I don't see any reason why two separate versions of your daughter can't exist.

@sponica - thank you! I'll call IT to link these. I am just so nervous about losing the fast passes for February. But it sounds like as long as I buy the annual pass first, and make sure the accounts are linked, then I can reassign the 3-day hopper to my daughter.

Assuming you get the two accounts linked, your mom will likely need to be the one to reassign the ticket, since it's on her MDE account and she currently controls the "you" that holds the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter