Ticket increases at WDW

Alicnwondrln

DIS Veteran
I love going to disney and it started back in 1988. My gramps worked for Kodak so they started taking me every year. We stayed at the CR and I was hooked. Heres my take on the new ticket and price stuff.

Its not getting out of hand for us yet but its close. We have been to Disney 2 times year, 3 times last and year and 1 trip at Xmas 2005 that reignited our love for the mouse. This past year was my 24th trip! In Dec 2005 we spent around 1300 bucks for a room at POP with tickets and dining for 2 adults and 1 kid, the baby was free. Last August we spent 10 nights at the WL concierge with tickets and food it cost around 4200. Since our 2005 visit we have decided to stay deluxe and concierge. The new prices are RIDICULOUS. $880 a night for GF RPC in March, $680 a night for CR concierge a night. I cant imagine what a room costs around Holiday. I also didnt realize they took away the saving if you peorder tickets. Its another example of how they take away while charging more.

I think the issue is bigger like Pete said because EVERYTHING goes up. THe rooms, the tickets, the treats, the lose of value in the DDP and their new more expensive plans. It makes me sad, I fee like disney is pricing so many families out even the value vacations. Value season is shrinking, this year it was around July 8th next year not til July 20th. They just seem to be taking so much away. We usually go twice a year and I can totally see my husband saying once a year and then when everything goes up again next year him saying Im done. I would still do a long weekend myself but its not the same without my husband and kids. I know they are a business but diehards like us on the DIS who choose to go over and over are paying a real steep price for that loyalty. On a side note with all the money they are raking in I wish they would reward the CMs the pay is sickening for most and they are the onles on the front line making the magic happen.
Ok off my soapbox, thanks for letting me vent.

I feel the same way. We are going to take a break from Disney for awhile after our August trip. There are so many other things we've wanted to do but they were always more expensive than WDW...that is no longer the case.

With the increases we just can not afford to go as much as we used to. We did move to offsite last trip but with ticket prices going up we decided that next year we will be doing Universal with a few days at the beach.

I have already purchased 4 tickets for Universal for less than two myw passes.

Echoing what Corey said on the podcast I think what is worse than the price increase is that they are taking away the advance purchase discount. In effect its like a double increase. Not only is the actual price of the tickets going up, but that little bit of money you would save by purchasing in advance is now being taken away from you too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter