Ticket Price Increase - Fall 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the end of their fiscal year and also around when recent cuts go into effect (actors removed from Rivers of Light, character meets at Rafiki’s Planet Watch ending, etc)

I have to say, to me, it's pretty bad PR to put a massive ticket structure change which is going to result in not unsubstantial price increases, into effect the same time as a bunch of cutbacks. Gonna leave a bad taste in many a mouth I suspect.

Last edited:
I have to say, to me, it's pretty bad PR to put a massive ticket structure change which is going to result in not unsubstantial price increases, into effect the same time as a bunch of cutbacks. Gonna leave a bad taste in many a mouth I suspect.

My wife was just saying the same thing (and we are debating a December trip so how she is feeling towards Disney matters)

Makes me wonder how this might all be configured if they do go to the tiered pricing - could the lowest level actually be a tick cheaper than current? This way even if in aggregate prices go up they could still use the cheapest price in their marketing

Wife (on the computer): hey hon come look at this .... I was planning our next trip to Walt Disney World and look at this price

Husband: wow, that’s even cheaper than our trip this year, how is that possible?

Wife (looks to the camera with slight smile): Magic

My wife was just saying the same thing (and we are debating a December trip so how she is feeling towards Disney matters)

Makes me wonder how this might all be configured if they do go to the tiered pricing - could the lowest level actually be a tick cheaper than current? This way even if in aggregate prices go up they could still use the cheapest price in their marketing

Wife (on the computer): hey hon come look at this .... I was planning our next trip to Walt Disney World and look at this price

Husband: wow, that’s even cheaper than our trip this year, how is that possible?

Wife (looks to the camera with slight smile): Magic

LMBO. Oh man. They should hire you :)

Thinking through all of our options to lock in prices before increase. We would have the funds to go one time but want to see Star Wars Land.

Booking a package for December 2019 with a deposit. But, I hate the idea of showing up and then Star Wars land opens the next week or month.

Buying tickets is a good idea except they have to be used by Dec. 31.

Getting APs for maximum flexibility. Pricey option

Booking a bounce back with free dining for December 2019.

My question is that a bounce back requires 4 day park hoppers. If the bb is booked- can we apply the cost of the park hoppers toward APs before we arrive or do we need to let them be unused and applied after the trip?

Thinking through all of our options to lock in prices before increase. We would have the funds to go one time but want to see Star Wars Land.

Booking a package for December 2019 with a deposit. But, I hate the idea of showing up and then Star Wars land opens the next week or month.

Buying tickets is a good idea except they have to be used by Dec. 31.

Getting APs for maximum flexibility. Pricey option

Booking a bounce back with free dining for December 2019.

My question is that a bounce back requires 4 day park hoppers. If the bb is booked- can we apply the cost of the park hoppers toward APs before we arrive or do we need to let them be unused and applied after the trip?
I am doing the AP thing .. but my gamble is probably not going to pay off.
I have been planning a Nov. 2018 - Nov. 2019 AP year to hit TSL this fall and SWGE next fall, but all accounts it probably won't open until December .. so my gamble is not going to pay off, but I will still enjoy several trips pre-SWGE.
Technically I haven't bought the AP yet as I want to upgrade some 5-day tickets to an AP (so hopefully any price increase doesn't affect those), but I am probably still going to get the AP .. just due to all the discounts I've gotten thus far on our hotel.

So rather than trying to buy tickets NOW to save some money and hopefully have a SWGE trip booked, just make some budget cuts (to the trip .. or your lifestyle) to save up the difference between the current ticket prices and the new ticket prices. Hopefully price increases won't be THAT much -- but if they are Disney is really going to shift some people's plans (go less, go at different times, etc.).

Though, if they are going to tiered pricing .. I can easily see an "opening week" tiering price bump when SWGE opens.

I am doing the AP thing .. but my gamble is probably not going to pay off.
I have been planning a Nov. 2018 - Nov. 2019 AP year to hit TSL this fall and SWGE next fall, but all accounts it probably won't open until December .. so my gamble is not going to pay off, but I will still enjoy several trips pre-SWGE.
Technically I haven't bought the AP yet as I want to upgrade some 5-day tickets to an AP (so hopefully any price increase doesn't affect those), but I am probably still going to get the AP .. just due to all the discounts I've gotten thus far on our hotel.

So rather than trying to buy tickets NOW to save some money and hopefully have a SWGE trip booked, just make some budget cuts (to the trip .. or your lifestyle) to save up the difference between the current ticket prices and the new ticket prices. Hopefully price increases won't be THAT much -- but if they are Disney is really going to shift some people's plans (go less, go at different times, etc.).

Though, if they are going to tiered pricing .. I can easily see an "opening week" tiering price bump when SWGE opens.

It's my understanding that APs are not activated until you go to the park and activate them. APs don't have to be activated until 2030.

Well this is pretty amazing considering current MDE issues:

Once tickets are purchased, guests will be able to continue seamlessly planning their vacation on the website through My Disney Experience, which guides guests through the different phases and steps of personalizing their vacation to make the most of their travel party’s unique interests. Guests can manage their plans through the My Disney Experience mobile app as well, where they will also be able to access the interactive calendar and purchase their tickets on the go.

On this video from WDW Im seeing a 20% price difference between the cheapest day and the most expensive on that November example.

I was expecting 18% difference (and increase by Feb 2019) but now I would not be surprised if we see 25% or even 50% differences in pricing between the value and peak pricing by the time SWGE opens.

I was wondering how they would address a change in dates, spanning different ticket tiers, than originally purchased. There will be an option that can be purchased for flexible dates. That option also includes 14 day validity for tickets, from date of first admittance.

Really? I actually think it all seems pretty user friendly - not the price, but the actual purchasing portion of all of this.

The process seems user friendly. However, you really have to know exactly what you are going to do now unless you want to pay the upcharge for the flexible tickets.

Plus, everyone in the world is suddenly going to show up for the cheaper days. You can't think, well the weekend will be busy but not Tuesday so I'll go to such and such park that day.

Wow, It was my understanding that this would happen two weeks earlier. I wonder why they're going for the 16th...

Do you know if a bb offer with fd is booked using 4 day park hoppers, if the park hoppers can be upgraded to APs over the phone ahead of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter