Ticket Purchase Prior to Check In

DeborahKlein

Mommy Mousehead
A question for the more experience members -

My family (DH, DD (5), and DH's Aunt) are staying in OKW in January. We reserved trough II and know that there are certain restrictions (as in not having all the DVC member perks such as pool hopping, etc.)

We have also just purchased a (small) DVC contract so will have our blue member cards by the time we arrive. I know this will not "override" the restrictions of the OKW reservation.

My question is about tickets. Can I call now and have tickets added to our room reservation (and added to the room key at the time of check in), or do I have to order them separately?

Also - am thinking it might be a good idea for one of our party (probably me) to have an AP for the discounts associated with that. And with the DVC discount, the price is cetainly worth it. Again, wait or purchase as soon as DVC member card comes in?

(oh, and to add further confusion, I'd like to pay for the AP using Disney Rewards Dollars).....

Am I making this more complicated than it should be?

Deb

Once you are signed up to use the Members Only website, you can easily follow the link in the Perks section to purchase your AP and they accept Disney REwards cards as a form of payment. I would get your AP once you can. That way you will receive the voucher in time to order a DDE card which will give you some good discounts.

P.S. I think you can also order an AP voucher via Member Services.

When you check in see what your key card says and be sure to take that blue card. It will give you some of the perks such as dining discounts even if the room key does not say member. You can also get the AP when you get there using the reward dollars but I would order the other tickets from one of the ticket brokers mentioned at mousesavers if you are not using reward dollars to purchase them. We saved a lot of money that way. The DDE card can be ordered by phone only and you can pick up temporary catds at EPCOT guest relations if there isn't time to send it. You do need the AP voucher or actual number to get that however. We did that once we got to WDW because I ordered my AP from MS and they said there wan't time to send it. Remember that DDE is only open M-F.

Actually, I had no intention of getting the DDE. We aren't eating out enough to make that worth the additional fee. My question had to do with ordering the tickets so that they could be combined with our room key (preferred method).

Also - the opinion of AP passholders as to whether it is worth it for one member of a party to hold an AP pass, especially if all the tickets had to be ordered separately from the room anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation that I could use the reward $$ either way.

Deb

I don't know what you mean by the tickets being "ordered seperately from the room" as being necessary. MYW park tickets can be purchased & added to your room key at check-in, but there is no pre-purchase discount.

Unless there are specific benefits you want with an AP, like the DDE, I would recommend an AP only if your number of park days you plan to use through-out the year make the pass of "value" to you. For us, staying 18 to 22 days during the year, the discounted AP works, if you plan 10 park days or less at Disney in any 12 month period, the AP may not be your best value.

We just got back from BWV and were able to add the tickets that we had purchased from a ticket broker to our room key. I think this available to any one staying at any WDW resort, DVC member or no.

Also, after we got back, I heard that at the end of your trip, you could have any remaining no expiry days on your MYW taken off your room key and put back on separate media. We have kept our room key with remaining MYW days, but I live in fear that we will accidentally throw this away.

Best of luck. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter