Ticket question: two different tickets for two different visits

jrsharp21

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure this one out and can't find a straight answer online and hoping some of you guys may have an answer/ran into this before. I have a trip coming up in May. I have a 3 day hopper pass already purchased, FP+ booked, etc. But now I am going to the resort in about 2 weeks for a 1 day visit. I want to buy my ticket online so that I can book FP+ before I get there. The question is, how can I make sure that the one day ticket I buy is the media that is used when I scan my magic band at the front gate for that 1 day trip and the 3 day hopper also on my account for May is not used?

Trying to figure this one out and can't find a straight answer online and hoping some of you guys may have an answer/ran into this before. I have a trip coming up in May. I have a 3 day hopper pass already purchased, FP+ booked, etc. But now I am going to the resort in about 2 weeks for a 1 day visit. I want to buy my ticket online so that I can book FP+ before I get there. The question is, how can I make sure that the one day ticket I buy is the media that is used when I scan my magic band at the front gate for that 1 day trip and the 3 day hopper also on my account for May is not used?
BEFORE you to to a park gate on your earlier trip, go to any Guest Relations and have your tickets' PRIORITY set.
You want the one-day ticket set to the highest priority. It will be used "first."

You’ll have to go Guest Relations or a Ticket Window to prioritize the 1-day ticket.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable reassigning your 3-day ticket, move it to You#2 before you enter the park. Move it back to the real you later that day. Your FPs remain intact.

Does anyone know if it is possible to call in and do this before arriving at the park?

Unfortunately, even though you call, you can't be certain it was done correctly.
Nothing is going to prevent you from going by and having it checked when you get there in person.

The good news is if the system does use the wrong ticket you can get it fixed after the fact. It's a PITA so I wouldn't suggest just winging it but if worse case comes, you can have them correct the error.

Guess I will bite the bullet and hit up guest relations before going into the park. Hopefully it's not too long of a line. We only have 4 hours before we have to leave for a work outing, but we do get to come back after the meeting.

I had this happen once before a few years ago. I was there for 4 days for a conference and had three different types of convention tickets on my MDE. I had an after 5pm and an after 3pm ticket. The first day I was there I went into the park after 5pm and thought it would use that ticket. The next day I went into the park a little after 3pm and it said I had no valid ticket. The entry the day before used my after 3pm ticket instead of the after 5pm ticket. The CM at Guest Relations gave me grief about it when I explained to her what had happened. Ultimately it got fixed, and she put an after 3pm pass on my MDE, but it was a huge hassle. So definitely want to make sure all is good this time.

Stupid system isn't even smart enough to use an AP over a ticket. I never, ever assume anything now.

When I went to get ours fixed I asked the GS CM why the AP wouldn't revert to priority automatically since at what time would you ever opt to use a ticket instead of your AP (that's valid 365) and he said there would be times when you'd want to use a ticket instead of an AP. And he even said it with a straight face!

I callled and spoke to tech support. They prioritized my tickets over the phone. I called back a couple weeks later just to make sure it was done. I am good to go

You’ll have to go Guest Relations or a Ticket Window to prioritize the 1-day ticket.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable reassigning your 3-day ticket, move it to You#2 before you enter the park. Move it back to the real you later that day. Your FPs remain intact.

On my MDE account, I have my wife, son, and daughter on there. My wife and son are not going anytime soon. Would I be able to transfer my 3-day ticket to my wife's profile and keep the FP+ selections? Then after my 1 day visit next week, transfer it back to me?

Would I be able to transfer my 3-day ticket to my wife's profile and keep the FP+ selections? Then after my 1 day visit next week, transfer it back to me?
Yes. You can actually reassign the 3-day back to you anytime after you enter the park with your 1-day ticket. The system won’t deduct any other entitlements after you enter the park.

Yes. You can actually reassign the 3-day back to you anytime after you enter the park with your 1-day ticket. The system won’t deduct any other entitlements after you enter the park.

Cool. Sounds like this is the way to go so that I don't have to go to the Guest Relations window and go directly to the entrance.

I just did this and now the ticket on my wife's name is saying non transferable. Did I just really screw this up?

never mind

Last edited:
never mind

Last edited:
I wonder if it is because my wife also has her own MDE account. I am going to have her check it to see if the ticket shows there.

I wonder if it is because my wife also has her own MDE account. I am going to have her check it to see if the ticket shows there.
Because you gave it to her, she now manages it. Use her account to reassign it.

Also, transfer to a profile that’s managed by you.

Because you gave it to her, she now manages it. Use her account to reassign it.

Why would the OP still see the ticket in his MDX if he transferred it to his wife's account and she now "controls" it?

Why would the OP still see the ticket in his MDX if he transferred it to his wife's account and she now "controls" it?
The recent MDX changes/glitches now have tickets ‘available to view’ in all linked MDX accounts. I can see the AP that belongs to the Mod who is linked to me and I also see the MainGate Pass of the CM who is linked to me.

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago. Because of that AP ‘linkage,’ photos don’t drop off from my view. It’s so strange!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter