Ticket Question- Upgrading after first use of MYW ticket

HaleyB

I am not a robot
I have never upgraded a ticket before.
I can't seem to figure out the rules. Can I buy a 7 day MYW ticket with no expire, use it for 5 days and upgrade it later to a full 10 day ticket or would the most I could add on be 3 more days.
What would I pay for that upgrade?
Can I apply a partially used MYW no expire to an AP? How would the unused days be valued?
Would the value be= what a ticket of however many days are left would cost?
OR only what the difference in price was between what we used and what we paid for (that makes more sense I guess).

I think I have the plan right, by 10 day no expire and use 5 days now and 5 days later. But we would really like to have 6 or 7 days on the second trip...

I understand your confusion this is hard to figure out. But here's what I have found out, you can upgrade at anytime as long as you are in your 14 day window. You will still have to pay price for the full value not based on what you have left. For instance if you have 10 day tickets and use 5 days and want to add no expiration on to the five days they will charge you the full 10 day fee for no expiration instead of 5 day fee. I believe that if you want to go from a 5 to a 10 day that they will just charge you the difference (I hope anyway since I might do that as well).

Also you can apply partially unused tickets to AP's. What the value is I do not know but Disney's computer will let you know what your value is and you can make a determination as to will it be worth it or not, b/c if it has a no expiration value it may not be worth it if you lose any value.

I hope this helps. :cool1:

I believe that if you want to go from a 5 to a 10 day that they will just charge you the difference (I hope anyway since I might do that as well).

I am curious about this too. I just purchased 7 day hoppers with expiration for our trip since it will be 9 days/8 nights. It only came to a few dollars more every night and I had no idea there was a 10 day ticket that was only a few dollars more then the 7 day. My problem is debating what is cost effective for us. Is it worth the $100 no expire upgrade for the 3 extra nights - it doesn't seem to be for me but I haven't really crunched the numbers. I am thinking if we end up keep the 7 days and don't use 1 or 2 days, could we add the 3 more days for a few bucks and then do the $100 expiration - that might seem more worth it to me. I haven't found anywhere online that states if you could add days after you arleady started using your pass. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter