Ticket/reservation issue

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
I had a room only (now cancelled) and separate tickets for August. DGD turns 10 in October. Like everyone else our new expiration date is 9/21. I plan to book another for 2021. I know I will have to list her in the room reservation as an adult but will that affect my ticket status/ability to book park reservations?

She's only a "disney adult" in terms of her ticket cost. You do not have to list her as an adult for the room, that age is still 18.

No it’s not much at all but I just want to make my park readies as seamlessly as possible. I was trying to avoid the hours long hold call. Thanks!

I think you can make the park reservations now with the current ticket, and then upgrade it later after the hubbub dies down. She'll definitely need it upgraded before using it, but I think it'll work - especially since she is still currently 9. It's worth a try.

I was thinking that with the original cost out of the way I would upgrade to hoppers anyway if they are allowing hopping in 2021.

I think you can make the park reservations now with the current ticket, and then upgrade it later after the hubbub dies down. She'll definitely need it upgraded before using it, but I think it'll work - especially since she is still currently 9. It's worth a try.

You can just upgrade it to an adult ticket when you get there. It won't affect any reservations or anything linked to the ticket. We had to do that with my son who turned 10 just before we arrived last year, after we had pushed our trip out a couple of weeks. Takes about 5-10 minutes at a guest services counter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!