Ticket upgrade to an annual pass

matty624

DIS Veteran
We bought 21 day ultimate tickets for our trip this summer and I've had a bit of change of heart... and quite fancy getting one annual pass instead.

I know you can upgrade them to annual passes once we get there (we'll only get the one annual, and therefore get the free parking etc), as Disney will give the ticket a 'value' and then you pay the difference between that value and the cost of the annual pass.

My question is, has anyone any clue what the 'value' Disney places on our UK only tickets, and if no one has a clue (which I'm half expecting to such a ridiculously specific question!), who can I ask before I get there! I've been on the Disney website, and am really struggling to find an email for guest relations who may be able to help....

Help!!! :worried:
Matt

You can only upgrade when you get there and, until that time, Disney will not tell you what 'value' they will give you for the ticket. In our experience, Disney Springs is the best place to upgrade the tickets, we have had the best luck there with a) somebody who knows exactly what you're trying to do and b) the price, The best thing to do is have an idea in your head of how much it should be (take the cost of a 14 day ticket bought direct from Disney, convert to a $$ value and figure the difference between that and the Platinum Annual Pass). Once you have an idea of approximately how much it will cost, if you get a price from Guest Services that meets (or exceeds) your expectations, you can go for it. If the price is completely out there, you can try a different Guest Relations until you get the price nearer that which you were expecting.

Totally agree with Wilma although we have found the best offer at Hollywood Studios rather than Disney Springs - converted once at DS and 3 times at DHS.

Mrs TT

Thanks both of you, really helpful.
I've worked out the cost of parking times the days were there, about 21 and anything less than that figure to change the ticket, and were quids in. Anything more, and we'll have to consider any savings at restaurant etc to work out if it's saving us anything. I think we'll try DS first, as any theme park will involve a 22 dollar parking fee, and if the figure to change is better than $462, well go right ahead and upgrade! Cross your fingers for me!!!
Thanks again folks,
Matt

Thanks both of you, really helpful.
I've worked out the cost of parking times the days were there, about 21 and anything less than that figure to change the ticket, and were quids in. Anything more, and we'll have to consider any savings at restaurant etc to work out if it's saving us anything. I think we'll try DS first, as any theme park will involve a 22 dollar parking fee, and if the figure to change is better than $462, well go right ahead and upgrade! Cross your fingers for me!!!
Thanks again folks,
Matt
How did you get on with the upgrade
We go in December for a split stay so thinking the AP might be useful for the 2nd part when we are paying out of pocket
We also have a 21 day ticket
Thanks in advance

How much do Disney consider a 14 day ultimate ticket to be worth? I know their 10 day pass with water parks and hopping costs $593. A Gold annual pass inc tax is $648. So the difference equates to $55 which is what it should cost if they're basing the upgrade on a 10 day ticket.

I don't know how much Disney would value a 14 day ultimate ticket though, surely it would be more valuable than a 10 day ticket?

So on a different forum I was told that someone was quoted $498 including tax to upgrade from a 14 to a Platinum (may have been platinum plus). I'm not sure if the fact we are UK means we can only have the platinum ones as these are the ones sold on the UK site??? Anyone know?

So on a different forum I was told that someone was quoted $498 including tax to upgrade from a 14 to a Platinum (may have been platinum plus). I'm not sure if the fact we are UK means we can only have the platinum ones as these are the ones sold on the UK site??? Anyone know?

UK residents are able to buy a Platinum or Platinum Plus (with water parks) passes: other passes are only available to Florida residents. We have been quoted between $435 and $460 each for upgrades to Platinum passes this year. Never paid more than $250 - $300 for the two of us in the past (last time being July 2017) and as we don't have another trip definitely booked this year (although will probably come in late August/September) then we will leave it for the time being. Price rises and the really poor exchange rate to blame although CMs now seem much better clued up as to what to do.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts