Tickets for 2021

frtchr

DIS Veteran
We’re booked at BCV through DVC for April 2021. I want to buy tickets so I can reserve theme park spots, but my husband is nervous. If something happens (one of us is sick, pandemic is worse, etc) what would happen as far as the tickets go? Is there a certain time by which we would have to use them? I know we would get the points back as long as we cancel 31+ days prior to check in, but the ticket thing is confusing me. TIA!!

You have a couple of choices.

1) you can change the dates of the tickets to sometime in the future, prior to the tickets expiring.

2) if the tickets do expire before you'll be back, the price of those tickets will be available to you to use when buying new tickets. You'll likely have to add a few bucks to the credit, but you will never lose the value of those tickets.

3) Assuming you bought the tickets directly from Disney, you can call and ask (nicely, if course) if they will refund the tickets. They don't have to, but they may do so depending on the circumstances. Again, if they won't do a refund, you will still have the value of tickets to use for a future trip. If you bought from a third party vendor, Disney can't help you, and you'll have to take it up with that vendor. The likelihood of a refund in that case is small.

Steve

You have a couple of choices.

1) you can change the dates of the tickets to sometime in the future, prior to the tickets expiring.

2) if the tickets do expire before you'll be back, the price of those tickets will be available to you to use when buying new tickets. You'll likely have to add a few bucks to the credit, but you will never lose the value of those tickets.

3) Assuming you bought the tickets directly from Disney, you can call and ask (nicely, if course) if they will refund the tickets. They don't have to, but they may do so depending on the circumstances. Again, if they won't do a refund, you will still have the value of tickets to use for a future trip. If you bought from a third party vendor, Disney can't help you, and you'll have to take it up with that vendor. The likelihood of a refund in that case is small.

Steve
I called, and I was told that we could change the date on the tickets but they would expire at the end of 2021 no matter what. I hate to spend that much money not knowing what is going to happen in the next six months.

I know this year the tickets we had for our planned May trip carried over to expire Dec 2021. I think if things DO get worse again they would extend the expiration date, especially if something drastic was to happen and they are told they HAVE to close. Personally, I hope we are heading in the right direction (Vaccine, less cases....maybe masks not needed next year) etc. Not sure if trip insurance covers the cost of tickets but it might be worth looking into especially if you are worried if it was a personal sickness that prevented you all from travelling.

I called, and I was told that we could change the date on the tickets but they would expire at the end of 2021 no matter what. I hate to spend that much money not knowing what is going to happen in the next six months.
They will expire, but you will never lose the value of them. You wouldn't be able to use those tickets, but you could apply the cost you paid for those tickets to new tickets.

the tickets we had for our planned May trip carried over to expire Dec 2021.
Are you sure? You might want to double-check that. I think tickets were only extended to 9/26/2021.

I called, and I was told that we could change the date on the tickets but they would expire at the end of 2021 no matter what.
Correct, because at this time they only have tickets to sell for 2020 or 2021 dates. Once 2022 tickets are available, you can upgrade to those. The unused ticket value (cost if bought direct from WDW) will always carry-forward to use as a credit towards new tickets - be that later 2021, 2022, 2023, or whenever you next visit.

Are you sure? You might want to double-check that. I think tickets were only extended to 9/26/2021.

THANK YOU for correcting me....yes, WDW tickets were extended to Sept 2021. It was my AIRLINE Credit that was extended to Dec 2021. Wow, what a Sunday! LOL thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!