Thanks so much for helping this newbie with my ticket bridging questions. I have one more. Here's the scenario:
  • I'm planning a trip for mid-February and was planning to upgrade to an AP then
  • I now have an opportunity to go for a day or two in early January
  • The best bang for my buck comes if I buy an 8-10 day ticket for my January dates and bridge then
Here's my question: my FP+ date for February is December 22nd. If I only have tickets for my January trip at that point, will I be able to get my FP+ for the February trip? Or will I need to have flexible date tickets?

Ticket upgrades at Disney Springs are now handled at the Disney Springs "Ticket Center" (separate from the Disney Springs Welcome Center/Guest Relations.)
Is that relatively new? When we were there in August, we were able to change the day of a one day ticket (and pay the increased price difference) right at the GR welcome center.

You're good. Yes, unused expired tickets can be upgraded in-person. Just be sure to have your APs prioritized so these don't get used in January.

Enjoy your vacation!
Learned that lesson. Will move them to a different person as soon as we check in and they are released from the package.

Ticket upgrades at Disney Springs are now handled at the Disney Springs "Ticket Center" (separate from the Disney Springs Welcome Center/Guest Relations.)

Good to know! We don't usually spend much time at Springs but we will be there to see the new Star Wars and probably do the VOID too. Thanks again!!

Thanks so much for helping this newbie with my ticket bridging questions. I have one more. Here's the scenario:
  • I'm planning a trip for mid-February and was planning to upgrade to an AP then
  • I now have an opportunity to go for a day or two in early January
  • The best bang for my buck comes if I buy an 8-10 day ticket for my January dates and bridge then
Here's my question: my FP+ date for February is December 22nd.

If I only have tickets for my January trip at that point,
1. will I be able to get my FP+ for the February trip?
2. Or will I need to have flexible date tickets?
1. Nope.
2. I don't think having flexible date tickets would allow booking for dates that far apart.
A ticket that was first used in early Jan. could not then ALSO book advance FPs in mid-Feb. (as a 10-day ticket first used in early January would "expire" 14 days after first use.)
I realize that you would not actually still be using the original ticket in Feb., but MDX has no way of "knowing" that.
Also, if you DID somehow upgrade to an AP (even before your Dec. 22 date) you would THEN only be allowed to advance-book a total of 7 FP because that's the maximum number if you have an AP.

Multiple trips taken relatively close together are not conducive to both economy of ticketing AND advance booking of multiple FP+.

Last edited:
Hello,

I need some help to make sure I am doing this right and thinking this through correctly....

We have annual passes that expire 12/21. (We will be at DW 12/18-1/6)

We will not be renewing our APs, except maybe mine so we can get the included discounts, parking, photos etc....

We would be purchasing 10 day tickets for everyone else for the remainder of our trip. However, I’m concerned if I buy 4 10 day tickets and one AP that when I do my FP+ that I will have problems. We are staying offsite so with the 10 day tickets I can book all 10 day FP+, but with the AP I can only book 7 days. I would not have FP+ for 3 days with the rest of my family.

Should I buy all 10 day tickets, get my FP+ reservations and then once I am there upgrade mine to a AP to avoid this problem?

Also, I remember getting something in the mail last time with a coupon for the price of renewing my AP. I haven’t received anything yet. Can I use this discount still if I choose to buy a 10 day ticket and then upgrade to AP once there?

Thank you for any advice!

Hello,

I need some help to make sure I am doing this right and thinking this through correctly....

We have annual passes that expire 12/21. (We will be at DW 12/18-1/6)

We will not be renewing our APs, except maybe mine so we can get the included discounts, parking, photos etc....

We would be purchasing 10 day tickets for everyone else for the remainder of our trip.
1. However, I’m concerned if I buy 4 10 day tickets and one AP that when I do my FP+ that I will have problems. We are staying offsite so with the 10 day tickets I can book all 10 day FP+,
2. but with the AP I can only book 7 days. I would not have FP+ for 3 days with the rest of my family.

3. Should I buy all 10 day tickets, get my FP+ reservations
4. and then once I am there upgrade mine to a AP to avoid this problem?

5. Also, I remember getting something in the mail last time with a coupon for the price of renewing my AP. I haven’t received anything yet.
6. Can I use this discount still if I choose to buy a 10 day ticket and then upgrade to AP once there?

Thank you for any advice!
1. Yes, you would.
2. Correct.
3. Sounds good.
4. Yup.
5. Yes. A renewal will save about 15% compared to buying a new full price AP.
6. Yes. Just tell the CM you want to renew your AP.
(And, if it suits your needs, you can pick another "level" of AP and still get the discounted "renewal" price for that level of AP.)

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
Thank you! One last question....where at Disney would I do this upgrade? Do the ticket booths at the TTC handle upgrades?

I’m currently booked in Beach Club villas for 6 nights (haven’t bought tickets yet since this is through renting DVC points.) We found a good rate for Coronado Springs and are thinking about adding 2 days to the beginning of our trip there. My question is..if we book Coronado, can I add the 8 day park hopper onto this resort stay even though it’s only 2 nights? How will this affect my fast passes with changing resorts on day 3? Will I have 2 fast pass days? Thanks in advance!

Thank you! One last question....where at Disney would I do this upgrade? Do the ticket booths at the TTC handle upgrades?
Yes.
Any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW...
which can be found just outside the gates of any WDW theme park or water park, or at TTC, or at Epcot's International Gateway, or at Disney Springs' Ticket Center. Also at inside-the-parks' Guest Relations or at the Liberty Square Ticket Center in MK.

Last edited:
I’m currently booked in Beach Club villas for 6 nights (haven’t bought tickets yet since this is through renting DVC points.) We found a good rate for Coronado Springs and are thinking about adding 2 days to the beginning of our trip there. My question is..
1. if we book Coronado, can I add the 8 day park hopper onto this resort stay even though it’s only 2 nights?
2. How will this affect my fast passes with changing resorts on day 3?
3. Will I have 2 fast pass days? Thanks in advance!
1. Yes. You certainly CAN buy any length ticket available regardless of your resort stay, but there is no real NEED to buy tickets as part of a resort stay.
You can buy tickets from any legitimate source (and connect them to your MyDisneyExperience account) and still book advance FPs.
2. Not at all.
Resort stays only affect the number of days in advance that you can first book FPs,
and your length of stay can affect the number of days that a shorter length package tickets' as yet unused days remain valid for use.

Last edited:
Question. Has anyone used VisitOrlando to buy park tickets? I'm not seeing alot of info when I search on here about this 3rd party site. I have used Undercover Tourist a couple times but wondering about this site since they have 10% off right now. Thanks.

Have some credit card points I'm considering using at Undercover Tourist if they have some good Black Friday prices. These would be for the most heavily discounted ticket with the intention of upgrading to an AP when I'm ready to use. A few questions (which I feel like I should know but I still get so confused due to all the changes).

1. Is the old "you have to use the ticket once before you upgrade to get it bridged" completely irrelevant now?
2. If I buy a discounted ticket and want to upgrade to a silver pass, it seems like upgrading now even if I won't activate now is better since passes are immune from future price increases while date based tickets are not. Right?
3. And confirming that I can upgrade a ticket at Guest Services to an AP and keep it in MDE without activating it, correct? (Any issue with having both an active pass and an non-active pass attached to MDE at the same time?)
4. And finally - unless they change the system from what it is now, the price credit I should get for my ticket whenever I ultimately upgrade would be the full online price of that ticket on the day I purchase it and not the full online price on the day I upgrade if there was a price increase. Correct? (Or is there a way for them to bridge it to the full current price of the ticket).

Thanks!

Have some credit card points I'm considering using at Undercover Tourist if they have some good Black Friday prices. These would be for the most heavily discounted ticket with the intention of upgrading to an AP when I'm ready to use. A few questions (which I feel like I should know but I still get so confused due to all the changes).

1. Is the old "you have to use the ticket once before you upgrade to get it bridged" completely irrelevant now?
2. If I buy a discounted ticket and want to upgrade to a silver pass, it seems like upgrading now even if I won't activate now is better since passes are immune from future price increases while date based tickets are not. Right?
3. And confirming that I can upgrade a ticket at Guest Services to an AP and keep it in MDE without activating it, correct? (Any issue with having both an active pass and an non-active pass attached to MDE at the same time?)
4. And finally - unless they change the system from what it is now, the price credit I should get for my ticket whenever I ultimately upgrade would be the full online price of that ticket on the day I purchase it
5. and not the full online price on the day I upgrade if there was a price increase. Correct?
6. (Or is there a way for them to bridge it to the full current price of the ticket).

Thanks!
1. Not needed.
2. Right.
3. Yes. Upgrade to an AP “certificate.”
But only if you do not use any of the ticket from which you are upgrading.
4. Yup.
5. Yes.
6. Not how it works.

1. Not needed.
2. Right.
3. Yes. Upgrade to an AP “certificate.”
But only if you do not use any of the ticket from which you are upgrading.
4. Yup.
5. Yes.
6. Not how it works.

Thanks so much. I think I finally have this down - it's actually simpler than the old way in many respects particularly with how they now bridge. I keep worrying it's more complicated than I think it is!

I'd only be renewing in person anyway, so that doesn't matter.
I was hoping to avoid paying for the Flex option during our January trip. As long as I can upgrade the ticket in June

Have you considered going in January and using your ticket towards an AP voucher or AP renewal voucher (as applicable)? You will spend more in January but have your price locked and the voucher in your MDE so all you have to do is swing by and activate it. You will also know your price and be immune to any AP increases between now and then (and as a bonus, the ticket wouldn’t accidentally be used).

Have you considered going in January and using your ticket towards an AP voucher or AP renewal voucher (as applicable)? You will spend more in January but have your price locked and the voucher in your MDE so all you have to do is swing by and activate it. You will also know your price and be immune to any AP increases between now and then (and as a bonus, the ticket wouldn’t accidentally be used).
I can look in to an AP renewal voucher. Thanks

If I purchase tickets through Undercover Tourist and end up needing to change the date of my trip, can I adjust them once they are linked to MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter