Just an update to my previous post about the 7-day flex ticket I have. I must be blind or something, and didn't notice the date on the ticket.
1. It says 08/01/2019 (not sure if that's August or January - August I think).
I called Disney and asked about the ticket and \
2. the CM said it was a current ticket worth $627.29 - or at least that's what it should be worth.
3. I know Airmiles pays less for their tickets. So, I'm going to go with that info and try to price bridge.
4. The CM recommended going to Disney Springs,
5. but I've always had success with the GS outside MK,
6. plus there's supposed to be a note in my file telling the next CM that I can price bridge tickets.
7. Hopefully they won't give me a hard time. If you have any further suggestions for me before I attempt this on the 21st, I'm happy to accept them.
1. Correct. August.
2. OK. (I have not checked the price for that kind of ticket.)
3. Yes. For the purpose of upgrading, it does not matter at all what Airmiles paid Disney for the ticket, nor what you paid Airmiles for the ticket. That's what the "price bridge" is all about.
4. That's one choice. Reports say that DS is no better and no worse than any other WDW Guest Relations location.
5. That's a fine choice, too, but... reports say that MK is no better and no worse than any other WDW Guest Relations location.
6. Now, THAT doesn't sound quite right, (singling out that "you" can price bridge tickets) but they DO put certain transaction notes in guest's "files."
7. I wouldn't think so.
Have a great trip!

I have a resort ticket question. We have a three night stay arriving on a Friday with a 3 day pass. Our MDE seems to indicate that we can use those through Tuesday. On Monday we’re moving to a new resort where we will not have tickets. I was hoping to use the passes from the first stay on Wednesday. Is there anyway Disney would extend those out by one day?

If not, we might buy the tickets separately. How many days would we have to use a three day pass?

I have a resort ticket question.
We have a three night stay arriving on a Friday with a 3 day pass.
Our MDE seems to indicate that we can use those through Tuesday.
On Monday we’re moving to a new resort where we will not have tickets. I was hoping to use the passes from the first stay on Wednesday. Is there anyway Disney would extend those out by one day?

If not, we might buy the tickets separately. How many days would we have to use a three day pass?
Which resorts?

Huge move from BC to YC
As far as I know, as long as you are staying at a Disney resort (in this case, two consecutive Disney resorts) any unused "days" on a current ticket will remain valid through the end of check-out day.
If that does not hold (due to the change of resorts,) you could simply add the Hopper PLUS option to your current tickets and that way the tickets would automatically be valid through Wednesday (if first used on the previous Friday.)

question, I am trying to find the highest savings on the undercover tourist website before I upgrade to AP right? I originally purchased the 10 day with hopper with $79 savings, but I see a 10 day flexible wth hopper with save $84 savings. Should I have gotten that one to save $5 bucks? I won't change because its probably too late now but was just wondering

question,
1. I am trying to find the highest savings on the undercover tourist website before I upgrade to AP right? I originally purchased the 10 day with hopper with $79 savings, but I see a 10 day flexible wth hopper with save $84 savings.
2. Should I have gotten that one to save $5 bucks? I won't change because its probably too late now but was just wondering
1. Right.
2. Well, it would have saved $5 more.
Yup. Not enough $ to spend any more time fretting about. ;)
Have a great trip!

1. Correct. August.
2. OK. (I have not checked the price for that kind of ticket.)
3. Yes. For the purpose of upgrading, it does not matter at all what Airmiles paid Disney for the ticket, nor what you paid Airmiles for the ticket. That's what the "price bridge" is all about.
4. That's one choice. Reports say that DS is no better and no worse than any other WDW Guest Relations location.
5. That's a fine choice, too, but... reports say that MK is no better and no worse than any other WDW Guest Relations location.
6. Now, THAT doesn't sound quite right, (singling out that "you" can price bridge tickets) but they DO put certain transaction notes in guest's "files."
7. I wouldn't think so.
Have a great trip!

#6 - It was a couple of years ago and a CM was giving me a hard time with price-bridging. If I remember correctly, they were putting something in my file akin to "don't give him a hard time on price-bridging in the future".
One last question - if I do get a CM that gives me a hard time and I don't want to do the upgrade at that time, it shouldn't affect anything if my son just uses the ticket to get into MK for the day and then try to upgrade later - correct? Or would you suggest not using the ticket before trying to upgrade?

Also, if I were to use disney GC's to upgrade, would there be a limit to how many I can use? I have a lot of $25-$50's

As far as I know, as long as you are staying at a Disney resort (in this case, two consecutive Disney resorts) any unused "days" on a current ticket will remain valid through the end of check-out day.
If that does not hold (due to the change of resorts,) you could simply add the Hopper PLUS option to your current tickets and that way the tickets would automatically be valid through Wednesday (if first used on the previous Friday.)

Thanks for your help. We do not need the hopper ability and adding that is more expensive than having 2-day passes on with our stay and then just purchasing a separate 1 day for Wednesday.

Also, if I were to use disney GC's to upgrade, would there be a limit to how many I can use? I have a lot of $25-$50's
In person...
No limit.
(You only need to "combine" them if you are buying on-line or over the phone.)

Thanks for your help. We do not need the hopper ability and adding that is more expensive than having 2-day passes on with our stay and then just purchasing a separate 1 day for Wednesday.
Regardless, it would seem to me that since you are staying at a WDW resort (TWO of them contiguously, actually) your remaining unused days would be good until the end of your second stay.

The rules are-

Regarding Tickets purchased in a hotel + tickets package - info posted by@GillianP1301:

Date-based tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package will have one of the following valid use periods (whichever is longer):
(i) the same valid use period [of tickets purchased as stand-alone,] OR
(ii) a valid use period beginning on the package resort arrival date and ending on the package resort check-out date.

For example, a Guest who purchases a Walt Disney Travel Company package with a 3-Day base ticket and a resort length of stay of 6 nights with an arrival date of Nov. 1; ticket is valid any 3 days from Nov, 1 – Nov. 7.

!
Regardless, it would seem to me that since you are staying at a WDW resort (TWO of them contiguously, actually) your remaining unused days would be good until the end of your second stay.

The rules are-

Regarding Tickets purchased in a hotel + tickets package - info posted by@GillianP1301:

Date-based tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package will have one of the following valid use periods (whichever is longer):
(i) the same valid use period [of tickets purchased as stand-alone,] OR
(ii) a valid use period beginning on the package resort arrival date and ending on the package resort check-out date.

For example, a Guest who purchases a Walt Disney Travel Company package with a 3-Day base ticket and a resort length of stay of 6 nights with an arrival date of Nov. 1; ticket is valid any 3 days from Nov, 1 – Nov. 7.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, now that I'm back to the forum I can respond.
1. A precise purchase date can help in these calculations.
2. Why did you post two different expiration dates?
Disney shows the January date, but that still means *first use* by 12/31, which they don't say anywhere that I encounter frequently.
3. What you are looking for is Post #6 in the this thread.
4. If your current ticket was from tickets created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16, 2018,
then yes.
5. Yes.
And yes, the date is shortly before 10/16/18, which was the reason I bought this ticket. The info in post #6 is (mostly) what I'm familiar with, but I was focusing on some text in post #2, which related explicitly to the issue of expired tickets:
Note that if the ticket was purchased from a discounter/broker the value given is what Disney sold the ticket for to the discounter/broker and NOT what YOU paid for it. (This price will be less -maybe much less- than what YOU originally paid for the ticket.)
This language *seems* to imply that expired tickets will not be bridged at all, unlike the "legacy" ticket upgrade process that we used for many years. If so, I could end up with a substantial *loss* on this ticket, rather than the original savings.
Maybe the language I quoted above applies specifically to pre-2005 tickets, as that is the context of the preceding couple of paragraphs?

So the source of my confusion may be that I misinterpreted something in the discussion on expired tickets, and that they can actually be used toward a new purchase just the same as any other ticket. (Post #6 makes no mention of any difference as a result of being expired.)

During my November trip, I spoke to a ticketing CM about this ticket, but she was apparently new, and not as familiar with the upgrade process. She looked up the ticket and quoted me a value of $440 (pre-tax), which compares to the face value at the time (based on the chart for those dates) of $500. I think I paid about $480, though as you regularly note, the only number that *should* matter is the $500. Because this particular CM seemed unsure, and because I wasn't going to make any changes at the time, I didn't continue and bring up the bridging question.

When the time comes to actually convert the ticket, my thought is that I would go to one of the Ticketing Centers, as opposed to a ticket window or guest services. My impression, right or wrong, is that because these locations specialize in ticketing issues, I may be more likely to be dealing with someone who is fully informed of less mundane matters such as these.

Lastly, I have read occasional reports that for tickets such as mine, guests sometimes walk away with a gift card for the value, and don't have to deal with the matter of upgrading at all. Maybe this will happen to me, although it's unclear which of the possible numbers for "value" are used in this case.

Thanks once again.

The info in post #6 is (mostly) what I'm familiar with, but I was focusing on some text in post #2, which related explicitly to the issue of expired tickets:
This language *seems* to imply that expired tickets will not be bridged at all, unlike the "legacy" ticket upgrade process that we used for many years. If so, I could end up with a substantial *loss* on this ticket, rather than the original savings.
Maybe the language I quoted above applies specifically to pre-2005 tickets, as that is the context of the preceding couple of paragraphs?
The value of the expired discount ticket (used in the future toward the purchase of a new ticket) would very likely be the same value as the Disney on-line price at the time the ticket was first purchased (as if the guest had bought their ticket directly from Disney, originally.)
That would be consistent with other ticket practices, as that is the very reason for "price bridging" in the first place. It creates an "equivalency of value" for tickets bought from Disney's authorized ticket resellers/discounters.
---------------------------------

The fact remains that by the time the GUEST buys the ticket from the discounter,
DISNEY has already "lost" as much money as they will "lose" in the deal.
DISNEY sets the price for which they will sell tickets (wholesale) to the discounter.
The DISCOUNTER then determines the amount for which THEY can market and sell their stock of tickets in order to entice guests to buy tickets from THEM.
Again, at this point, Disney has already "lost" the money on those discounted tickets.
All that remains is for the GUEST to get the useful value from those tickets.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask about AP renewals.

How long (after an AP expires) do you have to renew it? I was looking to buy an AP for JUST my daughter (as she was 2 when we had our AP). I just noticed today I had a renewal option for the rest of the family. I clicked it and it looked like I would be able to renew our APs for $200 less.

I also assume that if you renew an AP ..it activates IMMEDIATELY. Does the activation date become 1 year from my expiration? Or 1 year from when I renew it?

I dont have any plans on going until June .. and then again in early December 2020.

My original plan was to get my daughter an AP (for discounts) and use existing tickets (that do not expire) for the rest of the family.

My dad (retired military) is about to drive out to the local arsenal ticket office and purchase tickets for us. We will NOT get the military salute ticket since we won't have a military/retired military person with us during the actual trip. However, the 4 day PH ticket price I was quoted is still a good discount from direct pricing. Will we need to give the ticket office our expected start date? Also, can these tickets be upgraded and with price bridging (assuming we get a knowledgeable and willing CM)? If so, how do we know what year they were created in? We are buying 4 day PHs but may stay longer.

ETA: Never mind. I think I found my answer in the sticky (didn't see it at first). Correct me please if this info has changed. Thx!
Military Tickets -
These are tickets similar to MYW tickets and can be sold at various military bases and at the Shades of Green Resort at WDW.
These Military Tickets are not only price-discounted, but Florida Sales Tax is not charged.

Military "Non-Salute" Tickets can be upgraded similarly to regular MYW tickets.
They can be "price bridged" to the current full price of the equivalent ticket bought from Disney.
These are subject to the same rules as MYW ticket upgrades:
Must be done within 14 days of first use and with entitlements still remaining on the ticket.

How long (after an AP expires) do you have to renew it? I was looking to buy an AP for JUST my daughter (as she was 2 when we had our AP). I just noticed today I had a renewal option for the rest of the family. I clicked it and it looked like I would be able to renew our APs for $200 less.

I also assume that if you renew an AP ..it activates IMMEDIATELY. Does the activation date become 1 year from my expiration? Or 1 year from when I renew it?

I dont have any plans on going until June .. and then again in early December 2020.

My original plan was to get my daughter an AP (for discounts) and use existing tickets (that do not expire) for the rest of the family.
I found out some of this answer:
Looks like I have 30 days after and oddly today is the 30th day (AP expired 11/12/19) .
So .. I probably wont renew, as tempting as it is -- since I dont plan on going until June (or maybe even later next year)

1. How long (after an AP expires) do you have to renew it? I was looking to buy an AP for JUST my daughter (as she was 2 when we had our AP). I just noticed today I had a renewal option for the rest of the family.
2. I clicked it and it looked like I would be able to renew our APs for $200 less.

3. I also assume that if you renew an AP ..it activates IMMEDIATELY. Does the activation date become 1 year from my expiration? Or 1 year from when I renew it?

1. 30 days after the anniversary (expiration) date.
2. Sounds about right. (approx. 15% discount)
3. NO. You would be "RENEWING" your original AP, so the renewed AP would keep the same expiration date, just one year later.

I found out some of this answer:
Looks like I have 30 days after and oddly today is the 30th day (AP expired 11/12/19) .
So ..
4. I probably wont renew, as tempting as it is -- since I dont plan on going until June (or maybe even later next year)

4. It is very often a good plan to not renew an AP if the guest does not plan on visiting within a couple of months of the expiration/renewal date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter