Okay. So I have a very old 2 day non-expiring ticket that was originally part of a 4-day ticket from 1990. On our last trip in 2018, Guest Services converted it to a nice, new plastic card from the paper version. I added it to DMX when I got home. Now I have a 5-day base ticket I need to add.

Can I reassign the 2-day ticket to my DH's account (he isn't coming this trip)? I don't think I can as I believe this might be considered an activated ticket and therefore, cannot be reassigned?

ugh

Okay. So I have a very old 2 day non-expiring ticket that was originally part of a 4-day ticket from 1990. On our last trip in 2018, Guest Services converted it to a nice, new plastic card from the paper version. I added it to DMX when I got home. Now I have a 5-day base ticket I need to add.

1. Can I reassign the 2-day ticket to my DH's account (he isn't coming this trip)?
2. I don't think I can as I believe this might be considered an activated ticket and therefore, cannot be reassigned?
1. Unlikely. Reassignment is reserved for "never-used" tickets.
2. Yup.

Just go to any Guest Relations before going to a park gate for the first time, and have the CM
set the priority of your NEW ticket so that it will be used (and not your old ticket.)

My DH has a relative that is a CM at Epcot. She has offered to meet us at the front gate and give us a voucher to get in. It is a generous offer but I want to make our FP 60 days out for our whole trip. So my question is Can she mail us the voucher, can I link it to MDE and upgrade it to a 7 day hopper before our trip so I can make FPs?

My DH has a relative that is a CM at Epcot. She has offered to meet us at the front gate and give us a voucher to get in. It is a generous offer but I want to make our FP 60 days out for our whole trip. So my question is Can she mail us the voucher, can I link it to MDE and upgrade it to a 7 day hopper before our trip so I can make FPs?

Nope to both.
A cast member guest pass can't be upgraded, and part of what you give up by getting in for free is the ability to make advanced fastpasses.

So I think I know but want to be sure. My mom will be purchasing a Florida resident AP. She will buy online and activate on arrival. Is she able to make FP reservations? Staying offsite so I know they would be at 30 days, not 60. My aunt and uncle are getting the special resident 3 day ticket. Same answer?

So I think I know but want to be sure. My mom will be purchasing a Florida resident AP. She will buy online and activate on arrival.
1. Is she able to make FP reservations?
2. Staying offsite so I know they would be at 30 days, not 60.
My aunt and uncle are getting the special resident 3 day ticket.
3. Same answer?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

please can you tell me if if can upgrade 5 day park hopper to an annual pass these where DVC 25 promo with park hopper & water park optionsOr can I add days. I would prefer to upgrade to annual pass as we will be ther for 14 days would like to be able to book fast passes

please can you
1. tell me if if can upgrade 5 day park hopper to an annual pass
2. these where DVC 25 promo with park hopper & water park options
3. Or can I add days.
4. I would prefer to upgrade to annual pass as we will be ther for 14 days would like to be able to book fast passes
1. With "normal" tickets you can.
2. I don't know what KIND of tickets you have. (Were they tremendously discounted?)
"Free" (or nearly free) tickets cannot be upgraded.
3. If you CAN (are allowed to) upgrade, you can choose to add days or upgrade to AP.
4. An upgradable ticket can have days added or be upgraded to AP.

1. With "normal" tickets you can.
2. I don't know what KIND of tickets you have. (Were they tremendously discounted?)
"Free" (or nearly free) tickets cannot be upgraded.
3. If you CAN (are allowed to) upgrade, you can choose to add days or upgrade to AP.
4. An upgradable ticket can have days added or be upgraded to AP.

There was a DVC promo but the tickets where discounted a little, but not free.
They have an exp date of 2030
Do you know how I can find out if I can upgrade to an annual pass
thanks

We aren’t going to July but I’ll be glad to report back. I’m bringing the email with me! If we can’t I’ll be ok with that and just spend the day at Stormalong Bay. We have a lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream and dinner ADR at RFC in Disney Springs so no missed ADR if info I was given is wrong!
It is unclear if "package tickets" can be activated early.
(Used to be that you could, but there have been confusing reports since the advent of "dated tickets.")

Can you currently book FastPasses for Feb. 10?
We have a FD Package booked July 6-14. We have a room only booked July 5 because I couldn’t get the extra day added on for package at YC

I EMAILED Disney about activating our tickets a day early and was told the resort could activate them when we check in the first day, but that we would only be able to make same day fastpasses

Does anyone have a prediction of when price increases might occur? I noticed in the sticky that last year it was March 12. We may be adding an additional member to our traveling group, but I don’t want to buy a ticket if they aren’t actually going to come, and I may not know for a month or so.

Need help please...

I can't figure out how to upgrade a 5 day pass to AP on the app before my Feb trip. It seems reading through this post that others have been able to do it but the option doesn't seem to exist for me. I called guest services and they said the only way to do it is in the app or in person. If I wait to do it in person, I'll either lose my fastpass window for a trip in March or have to purchase another ticket.

ETA: This is what I have tried doing:
  1. Opened the app, went to Tickets and Passes
  2. Selected my 5 Day PH ticket
  3. Hit Change Ticket
  4. No upgrade to AP option...only an option to change to a ticket with waterpark admission
I've also tried selected to upgrade my AP and purchase new AP and it doesn't give me any option to apply the purchased ticket. If anyone has done this process recently and can give me step by step directions, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a prediction of when price increases might occur? I noticed in the sticky that last year it was March 12.
Your guess is as good as my guess.

We may be adding an additional member to our traveling group, but I don’t want to buy a ticket if they aren’t actually going to come, and I may not know for a month or so.
Do you feel LUCKY?

suddenimpact2.jpg

Your guess is as good as my guess.

Do you feel LUCKY?

Not particularly. Am I correct in thinking that if we do not use that ticket at all, even though it will have a specific use date, that we could apply the cost to a future ticket?

Am I correct in thinking that if we do not use that ticket at all, even though it will have a specific use date, that we could apply the cost to a future ticket?
Yup.

I guess it comes down to whether you'd rather (possibly) pay the new price for a ticket that you know you WILL use,
or pay the current price for a ticket that you MIGHT NOT use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!