Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-

Try the WDW IT Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 or
(407) 939-4357

After 2 years of AP we are not renewing

I am lucky to have been gifted 2 castmember tix for 1 day for when I take DD to universal next weeked. I already added them to our MDE and assigned them correctly (and booked our fast passes). We will take our magic bands with us... So, do I still need to get card tix? I have the printout of the voucher...

After 2 years of AP we are not renewing

I am lucky to have been gifted 2 castmember tix for 1 day for when I take DD to universal next weeked.

I already added them to our MDE and assigned them correctly (and booked our fast passes). We will take our magic bands with us... So, do I still need to get card tix?
Nope.

You should be able to update those.

Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-

Try the WDW IT Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 or
(407) 939-4357

They were able to get it done for me in about 5 min this morning. :) thanks so much for directing me to this number!

I have an annual pass voucher that I am considering activating for my March trip, but I also have a free dining package booked for August.
1. Will I be able to prioritize my tickets for that August trip so that I use my AP and not the package ticket? I realize that package ticket will have an expiration date, but...
2. Can I save that ticket and apply the value to the purchase of a new ticket when I want to get one? Or am I required to use the ticket that comes with the free dining package during that August trip?
Hope this all makes sense! Thanks!

I have an annual pass voucher that I am considering activating for my March trip, but I also have a free dining package booked for August.
1. Will I be able to prioritize my tickets for that August trip so that I use my AP and not the package ticket? I realize that package ticket will have an expiration date, but...
2a. Can I save that ticket and apply the value to the purchase of a new ticket when I want to get one?
2b. Or am I required to use the ticket that comes with the free dining package during that August trip?
1. Yes.
(You can even create a "fake name" in your MDX account and transfer the package ticket to that fake name until you are ready to use or upgrade that ticket.)
2a. Yes. (MIGHT need to be done in-person. I don't know if that can be done from home or not.)
2b. No.

For a 1-day ticket which I want to upgrade to a hopper - does anyone know if Disney can upgrade this ticket on the phone or do I have to wait until I get to the hotel concierge desk?

Also - if I use the ticket to get into a park can I upgrade it to a hopper the same day within the park (maybe at Guest Relations)>

EDIT: Nevermind - couldn't do it via MDE website but can do it on the MDE app.

Last edited:
If I were to purchase date based tickets (from LMTC) would I be able to change them to a different start date? I believe they email the tickets. And I understand I would need to pay a price difference if needed. Thanks!

If I were to purchase date based tickets (from LMTC) would I be able to change them to a different start date? I believe they email the tickets. And I understand I would need to pay a price difference if needed. Thanks!
The start/validity dates on tickets bought from authorized ticket sellers/discounters can be changed.

My husband is traveling to Orlando for work next month. My 8 year old and I will be joining him because, well, why not? I got 2 day park hoppers for me and my son. Should be fun. I got us some FastPasses for our 2 park days, so I’m fairly pleased. My husband thinks he should be able to join us for one of the two days. Even if I don’t try to add my husband to our FastPass party, can I add him to dining reservations? Or if we get FastPasses after our first 3? Can he be linked in my MDE plans with a different ticket type?

My husband is traveling to Orlando for work next month. My 8 year old and I will be joining him because, well, why not? I got 2 day park hoppers for me and my son. Should be fun. I got us some FastPasses for our 2 park days, so I’m fairly pleased. My husband thinks he should be able to join us for one of the two days.
1. Even if I don’t try to add my husband to our FastPass party,
2. can I add him to dining reservations?
3. Or if we get FastPasses after our first 3? Can he be linked in my MDE plans with a different ticket type?
1. You should do that (ASAP.)
2. Not necessarily "added." (You might be able to get that handled by calling, but no guarantees.)
You would likely need to make NEW reservations with 3 guests instead of 2.
(You might need to move the exact TIME of the reservations to handle the added guest.)
THEN (only after you make the new reservations,) you would cancel the original 2-person reservations.
3. Yes.
There are no restrictions on "type of tickets" used in MDX by multiple guests.
(Any tickets only need to be valid on the dates for which the FPs are made.)
As I replied for #1, ASAP, you should add him to your MDX and try to book "matching or similar" FPs for him. (If he doesn't USE all of them, it's no big deal.)

I will start by saying that I have not read all 432 pages to see if this question has come up, but I did read the main pages posts.
My party of 2 has Annual Passes that will expire August 2020. When we went to WDW in November 2019 our annual passes were active, but we got free dining and had to purchase 4-day PH. We went to the MK ticket window the first day of our November trip to confirm that our annual passes would be used and not the 4-day PH.

Now the question - I just looked at my MDE and the 4-day PH are not showing up under tickets? Shouldn't they still show up? I know they were there before, but I don't frequently check the tickets tab so I don't know the last time they were there. Do I have a problem? Do I need to contact Disney?

Thanks for any insight!

Hi there :) My family and I have annual passes and are planning a long trip for the end of August. We are looking to upgrade to Platinum Plus so we can also visit the water parks. Our current passes expire Sep 12 which puts this trip within the 60 day renewal window. Would we be able to enjoy the Platinum Plus benefits if the passes are upgraded during the 60 day window? Or would we have to wait until the previous passes expire in September? Thank you in advance!!

I will start by saying that I have not read all 432 pages to see if this question has come up, but I did read the main pages posts.
My party of 2 has Annual Passes that will expire August 2020. When we went to WDW in November 2019 our annual passes were active, but we got free dining and had to purchase 4-day PH. We went to the MK ticket window the first day of our November trip to confirm that our annual passes would be used and not the 4-day PH.

Now the question - I just looked at my MDE and the 4-day PH are not showing up under tickets? Shouldn't they still show up? I know they were there before, but I don't frequently check the tickets tab so I don't know the last time they were there. Do I have a problem? Do I need to contact Disney?

Thanks for any insight!

Most likely the 4-day PH tickets have expired, so they will not show in the app as they are not valid tickets. They'll still be attached to you though, and they will still retain their value.

1. I just looked at my MDE and the 4-day PH are not showing up under tickets?
2. Shouldn't they still show up? I know they were there before, but I don't frequently check the tickets tab so I don't know the last time they were there.
3. Do I have a problem?
4. Do I need to contact Disney?
1. Sounds about right.
2.& 3. I wouldn't worry about it, right now.
4. When you are ready to buy a new ticket or AP you should be able to use the amount you paid for these old tickets.
(They will be valued at the same price as buying stand-alone tickets on-line from Disney
on the date that you booked your resort stay that trip.)
Disney will be able to tell that you had those tickets and never used them.

Hi there :) My family and I have annual passes and are planning a long trip for the end of August. We are looking to upgrade to Platinum Plus so we can also visit the water parks. Our current passes expire Sep 12 which puts this trip within the 60 day renewal window.
1. Would we be able to enjoy the Platinum Plus benefits if the passes are upgraded during the 60 day window?
2. Or would we have to wait until the previous passes expire in September? Thank you in advance!!
1. Sorry, but no.
2. Yes.
If you WANT to be able to have unlimited visits to the water parks during that 60 period, you'd have to pay (full price) to upgrade your CURRENT AP to Platinum Plus. If that upgrade cost fits your needs and your budget, you can do so. Otherwise, you'd have to wait until your "AP renewal" starts it's year of use to get the water park benefits.
(You can certainly buy a one-day water park admission during your upcoming trip, if you like.)

Hi there :) My family and I have annual passes and are planning a long trip for the end of August. We are looking to upgrade to Platinum Plus so we can also visit the water parks. Our current passes expire Sep 12 which puts this trip within the 60 day renewal window. Would we be able to enjoy the Platinum Plus benefits if the passes are upgraded during the 60 day window? Or would we have to wait until the previous passes expire in September? Thank you in advance!!

I don't know what other benefits the Platinum Plus offers that you plan to use, but I think they still offer a water parks AP.
We did that one year instead of upgrading to Platinum Plus because of the dates on our AP and when our trips would be. The water parks AP was independent of our AP. If I recall correctly our AP expired in March and we purchased the water park AP to use during a trip in August. So the water park AP was good through the following August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter