Buying tickets for an upcoming trip. Not sure how much of this info matters but here’s everything: We have 2 rooms booked with 2 reservation numbers, my family in one and my parents and brother in the other. DH and I have APs but everyone else needs tickets. We’re Canadian and buying the discounted tickets. I do all the planning but my parents both have MDE accounts.

Are we okay to buy the tickets in one transaction or should we do my kids in one and my parents/brother in another purchased signed into one of their accounts? I just don’t want to screw anything up because of the two reservations.

Buying tickets for an upcoming trip. Not sure how much of this info matters but here’s everything: We have 2 rooms booked with 2 reservation numbers, my family in one and my parents and brother in the other. DH and I have APs but everyone else needs tickets. We’re Canadian and buying the discounted tickets. I do all the planning but my parents both have MDE accounts.

1. Are we okay to buy the tickets in one transaction
2. or should we do my kids in one and my parents/brother in another purchased signed into one of their accounts? I just don’t want to screw anything up because of the two reservations.
1. Yup.
2. You can if you like, but you don’t need to.

I read the intro section which states that if I have tickets as part of a resort package that I must use the days between my check in and my check out date. What I don’t understand is in booking my package, I have the option to buy a longer ticket. Specifically I am booking a 6 night resort package with tickets and dining plan. I can choose between a 1 day and 10 day ticket. Why does it allow me to buy a 10 day ticket if the days have to be used between my check in and check out (which won’t be 10 days long)? Is it still true I can’t use the remaining days after check out as long as it’s within 14 days of the 1st day I used the ticket?

1. I read the intro section which states that if I have tickets as part of a resort package that I must use the days between my check in and my check out date.
What I don’t understand is in booking my package, I have the option to buy a longer ticket.
Specifically I am booking a 6 night resort package with tickets and dining plan.
2. I can choose between a 1 day and 10 day ticket.
3. Why does it allow me to buy a 10 day ticket if the days have to be used between my check in and check out (which won’t be 10 days long)?
4. Is it still true I can’t use the remaining days after check out
5. as long as it’s within 14 days of the 1st day I used the ticket?
1. Not necessarily the case.
2. Yup.
3. It's not true.
4. That never has been true.
5. For a 10-day ticket, that is correct, even if your resort stay is less than that length.

-------------------------------
Below is a re-paste from Post #2 of the thread on which we are now posting.
Ticket Duration Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket valid one day on the date selected (Next day can be used for “+ Option” with a PH+ ticket)
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on start date (5 days with PH+)
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date (6 days with PH+)
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on thestart date (8 days with PH+)
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date (9 days with PH+)
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (10 days with PH+)
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date (11 days with PH+)
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date (13 days with PH+)
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date (14 days with PH+)
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date (15 days with PH+)

For example, a 6-day base ticket with a start date of November 1 is valid any 6 days from November 1 to November 9.

Regarding Tickets purchased in a hotel + tickets package - info posted by @GillianP1301:

Date-based tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package will have one of the following valid use periods (whichever is longer):
(i) the same valid use period described above, OR

(ii) a valid use period beginning on the package resort arrival date and ending on the package resort check-out date.

For example, a Guest who purchases a Walt Disney Travel Company package with a 3-Day base ticket and a resort length of stay of 6 nights with an arrival date of Nov. 1; ticket is valid any 3 days from Nov, 1 – Nov. 7.

You need pay attention to the following part of that info:

Date-based tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package will have one of the following valid use periods
(whichever is longer):

(ii) a valid use period beginning on the package resort arrival date and ending on the package resort check-out date.

Last edited:

You need pay attention to the following part of that info:

Date-based tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package will have one of the following valid use periods
(whichever is longer):

Wait, I don't understand the above. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning! I'm not the OP but had a ticket question and in the past I have read through this entire thread at one point. For my question, we have a 4 night MYW package purchased via WDW with free dining. Our first 4 nights are with the package and include tickets. I added days on to our package because after the first 4 nights we are moving to Copper Creek for an additional 2 nights stay. We will use our tickets on arrival day and the following 5 days. I was able to make fast passes at 60+ days out just fine.
1. Using our tickets above will all go as planned, right?
2. I'm trying to figure out if upgrading MY tickets to an AP will be cost effective in the off chance we return next year for a short trip.
3. How can I figure out what the value is for MY ticket alone....just go to the WDW website and calculate what my ticket would cost if I purchased today? Does that price include tax?
4. We are DVC so I would get the Gold AP for DVC members. We had APs which expired October 2019 so a "renewal" is out of the question at this point, right?
5. Whole purpose of my upgrading would be to get the Memory Maker which looks to be $169 (includes tax)? if I added it to my existing trip. Buying a "gold" pass is $699 plus tax = $744.44
6. Obviously I would just subtract the two to see if I would at least break even by upgrading to AP, especially considering the additional perks/discounts.

Wait, I don't understand the above. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning! I'm not the OP but had a ticket question and in the past I have read through this entire thread at one point. For my question, we have a 4 night MYW package purchased via WDW with free dining. Our first 4 nights are with the package and include tickets. I added days on to our package because after the first 4 nights we are moving to Copper Creek for an additional 2 nights stay.
A. We will use our tickets on arrival day and the following 5 days. I was able to make fast passes at 60+ days out just fine.
1. Using our tickets above will all go as planned, right?
2. I'm trying to figure out if upgrading MY tickets to an AP will be cost effective in the off chance we return next year for a short trip.
3a. How can I figure out what the value is for MY ticket alone....
3b. just go to the WDW website and calculate what my ticket would cost if I purchased today?
3c. Does that price include tax?
4a. We are DVC so I would get the Gold AP for DVC members.
4b. We had APs which expired October 2019 so a "renewal" is out of the question at this point, right?
5. Whole purpose of my upgrading would be to get the Memory Maker which looks to be $169 (includes tax)? if I added it to my existing trip.
5b. Buying a "gold" pass is $699 plus tax = $744.44
6. Obviously I would just subtract the two to see if I would at least break even by upgrading to AP, especially considering the additional perks/discounts.
A. Do your tickets just have 4 "days," total?
If so...
1. You can use a 4 day ticket over the course of 7 days, beginning on the first day that you USE the ticket.
2. Up to you.
3a. If you booked your package within the last 6-8 months...
3b. Yes.
3c. Yes, include tax.
4a. OK.
4b. Right.
5a. If that's the current price, then yes. (I don't keep a running list of current prices.)
5b. If that's the current listed price, then yes.
6. Yup.

Last edited:
Questions regarding the 4-day magic ticket. I know the basics, but if I purchase this ticket, can it be upgraded to a base ticket later at the park? Also, if, for some reason, we need to reschedule our trip (April 2020), can the ticket dates be changed (but used before 9/30/20), paying any increase in price?

Questions regarding the 4-day magic ticket. I know the basics, but if I purchase this ticket,
1. can it be upgraded to a base ticket later at the park? Also, if, for some reason, we need to reschedule our trip (April 2020),
2. can the ticket dates be changed (but used before 9/30/20), paying any increase in price?
1. Yes.
2. If 9/30/20 is the end of the 4-day Magic program, then yes.
(Even if the tickets expire, their value can be used toward the purchase of new, current tickets.)

1. Yes.
2. If 9/30/20 is the end of the 4-day Magic program, then yes.
(Even if the tickets expire, their value can be used toward the purchase of new, current tickets.)
Thank you very much! That eases my reservations about it.

A. Do your tickets just have 4 "days," total? No, it's a 4 night package but I upgraded our tickets to a 6 day ticket because we are staying 2 extra nights using DVC points AFTER our package
If so...
1. You can use a 4 day ticket over the course of 7 days, beginning on the first day that you USE the ticket.
2. Up to you.
3a. If you booked your package within the last 6-8 months...I booked the package as a bounce-back on October 11, 2018 so it's been more than 6-8 months ago. Does this make a difference how I calculate what the value of the now 6-day hoppers are worth? This is the part of the equation I am unsure of. I upgraded to a 6 day ticket a few months after I booked the bounce-back.

A. Do your tickets just have 4 "days," total?
X. No, it's a 4 night package but I upgraded our tickets to a 6 day ticket because we are staying 2 extra nights using DVC points AFTER our package
If so...
2. Up to you.
3a. If you booked your package within the last 6-8 months...

Y. I booked the package as a bounce-back on October 11, 2018 so it's been more than 6-8 months ago. Does this make a difference how I calculate what the value of the now 6-day hoppers are worth? This is the part of the equation I am unsure of. I upgraded to a 6 day ticket a few months after I booked the bounce-back.
X. Then, you can use a 6 day ticket over the course of 9 days, beginning on the first day that you USE the ticket.

Y. I'm not sure if you need to compute the cost (value) of your package tickets based on the Disney on-line price on Oct. 11, 2018
-OR-
I'm not sure if you need to compute the cost (value) of your package tickets based on the Disney on-line price on the date that you upgraded to add the extra days.
--------------------------------------

Tickets created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018: See price list HERE.

But, I don't have access to the prices of Tickets created BETWEEN Oct.16, 2018
and March 12, 2019.

Last edited:
X. Then, you can use a 6 day ticket over the course of 9 days, beginning on the first day that you USE the ticket.

Y. I'm not sure if you need to compute the cost (value) of your package tickets based on the Disney on-line price on Oct. 11, 2018
-OR-
I'm not sure if you need to compute the cost (value) of your package tickets based on the Disney on-line price on the date that you upgraded to add the extra days.
--------------------------------------

Tickets created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018: See price list HERE.

But, I don't have access to the prices of Tickets created BETWEEN Oct.16, 2018
and March 12, 2019.
Thank you! I may just have to wait until we get to the park to figure it all out....but I'll wait until closer to the end of the trip. If my tickets will be calculated from the site posted above, I won't upgrade to an AP. I was looking at the newer pricing and figured it was closer to what Memory Maker would cost. We are going to Aulani in 2020 so an AP won't help me there. Thank you for your help!

I have a timing problem with AP renewal and FP window. I'm unsure how to best solve.

Next trip is 3/11/20-3/17/20. Last day of my AP is 3/13/2020. I plan to renew. I fear that means my 60 day FP window will open on 1/11 but only for March 11-13. I'm not going to be able to make FP selections for 3/14-3/17 until my AP renewal window opens on 1/13 or 1/14.

Ideas on how to work around that (that don't increase my cost significantly)?

I have a timing problem with AP renewal and FP window. I'm unsure how to best solve.

Next trip is 3/11/20-3/17/20. Last day of my AP is 3/13/2020. I plan to renew. I fear that means my 60 day FP window will open on 1/11 but only for March 11-13. I'm not going to be able to make FP selections for 3/14-3/17 until my AP renewal window opens on 1/13 or 1/14.

Ideas on how to work around that (that don't increase my cost significantly)?
This is actually a very common problem.
Call Disney and explain, and they usually offer even earlier AP renewal
so that you can book FP for the entire trip.
Have fun!!

Quick questions about upgrading our 2 tickets to 2 FL resident Annual Pass.
a) The first ticket is a 10-days Park Hopper unused from UT with a starting date of December 19th 2019.
b) The second one is a 5-days PH unused bought directly from Disney with an expiration of December 19th 2019.

1) The ticket value that will be applied to the AP total is:
a) Disney Gate Price for the same ticket based on the day that I purchased from UT
b) Price that I paid directly through Disney

** I was told by 2 agents on the chat and by a ticketing agent on the phone that only the price paid, even for tickets purchased from 3rd party authorized sellers, would be applied to the upgrade to an AP **

2) As a FL resident, can we still put the balance of the AP purchase on monthly payments ?
3) Would we be able to upgrade those tickets into AP on December 18th 2019 ?
4) Can we upgrade any of those by phone before our arrival ?

Thanks

Last edited:
I purchased AP vouchers for my husband and I. Can I attach them to my MDE account now even though we may not use them till November? (We would have a trip this June but will most likely buy the 4 day tickets). It’s my understanding that they wouldn’t be activated for our June trip unless we go to guest relations to activate. Just want to be sure the 4 day tickets get used in June and not the AP’s. Thanks!

I purchased AP vouchers for my husband and I.
1. Can I attach them to my MDE account now even though we may not use them till November? (We would have a trip this June but will most likely buy the 4 day tickets).
2. It’s my understanding that they wouldn’t be activated for our June trip unless we go to guest relations to activate.
3. Just want to be sure the 4 day tickets get used in June and not the AP’s. Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. Correct. AP cannot be "accidentally" activated.
3. That'll work.

Quick questions about upgrading our 2 tickets to 2 FL resident Annual Pass.
a) The first ticket is a 10-days Park Hopper unused from UT with a starting date of December 19th 2019.
b) The second one is a 5-days PH unused bought directly from Disney with an expiration of December 19th 2019.

1) The ticket value that will be applied to the AP total is:
a) Disney Gate Price for the same ticket based on the day that I purchased from UT
b) Price that I paid directly through Disney

c) ** I was told by 2 agents on the chat and by a ticketing agent on the phone that only the price paid, even for tickets purchased from 3rd party authorized sellers, would be applied to the upgrade to an AP **

2) As a FL resident, can we still put the balance of the AP purchase on monthly payments ?
3) Would we be able to upgrade those tickets into AP on December 18th 2019 ?
4) Can we upgrade any of those by phone before our arrival ?

Thanks
1a) Nope. You'd get the ON-LINE Disney price (not the gate price) based on the date that the ticket was minted by Disney.
(Very likely it would still be the on-line Disney price on the date you purchased the ticket from UT.)
1b) Correct.
1c) Safe to ignore most info offered by "phone/chat CMs" when you know the info to be different.
2) I don't know, but it would seem likely.
The "trade-in" (upgrade value) of the original tickets would be considered as the "down payment," with the remainder divided into your monthly payments.
3) Since your UT ticket won't "start" until the next day, that MIGHT be an issue. (But, it likely can be worked out at no loss of value to you.)
4) The ticket you bought from Disney... yes.
The ticket you bought from UT... maybe.

1a) Nope. You'd get the ON-LINE Disney price (not the gate price) based on the date that the ticket was minted by Disney.
(Very likely it would still be the on-line Disney price on the date you purchased the ticket from UT.)
1b) Correct.
1c) Safe to ignore most info offered by "phone/chat CMs" when you know the info to be different.
2) I don't know, but it would seem likely.
The "trade-in" (upgrade value) of the original tickets would be considered as the "down payment," with the remainder divided into your monthly payments.
3) Since your UT ticket won't "start" until the next day, that MIGHT be an issue. (But, it likely can be worked out at no loss of value to you.)
4) The ticket you bought from Disney... yes.
The ticket you bought from UT... maybe.

Thanks Robo for the quick response !!
I deleted the emails with the prices paid for my tickets, would you be able to estimate to value that I would get to be applied to the AP ?

a) The first ticket is a 10-days Park Hopper unused from UT with a starting date of December 19th 2019 (bought in October 2019)
b) The second one is a 5-days PH unused bought directly from Disney with an expiration of December 19th 2019. (bought in August 2019)

Thanks again !!

Thanks Robo for the quick response !!
I deleted the emails with the prices paid for my tickets, would you be able to estimate to value that I would get to be applied to the AP ?

a) The first ticket is a 10-days Park Hopper unused from UT with a starting date of December 19th 2019 (bought in October 2019)
b) The second one is a 5-days PH unused bought directly from Disney with an expiration of December 19th 2019. (bought in August 2019)

Thanks again !!

Those should be the same values as the current online prices - just check WDW site.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!