Since my 5-days PH ticket is not date-based, do i need to compare it with the current price with the ''Flexible'' add-on ?
Why is it not date-based if you bought it in Aug. 2019?

Why is it not date-based if you bought it in Aug. 2019?
This ticket was given by a family member (who's not sure of the exact moment she purchased it), but she said that the only limitation on that ticket was the expiration on December 19th 2019

This ticket was given by a family member (who's not sure of the exact moment she purchased it), but she said that the only limitation on that ticket was the expiration on December 19th 2019
Dec. 19?

You would need to determine the actual origin of that ticket before its exact value is known.

Any chance this is a military ticket? The special military Salute tickets expire 12/19/19. If it isn’t activated by the military member, upgrading would be a moot point without military ID. If activated, i’m not sure those are price-bridged due to the high discount.

Or has the family member gotten a “start date” confused with an expiration date? You need to find out more about this ticket.

Enjoy your vacation.

1. Yes.
2. Correct. AP cannot be "accidentally" activated.
3. That'll work.

Is it also possible to have 2 inactive AP’s for the same person in MDE? I may upgrade our tickets from our package to an AP and save the ones I have for another year.

Any chance this is a military ticket? The special military Salute tickets expire 12/19/19. If it isn’t activated by the military member, upgrading would be a moot point without military ID. If activated, i’m not sure those are price-bridged due to the high discount.

Or has the family member gotten a “start date” confused with an expiration date? You need to find out more about this ticket.

Enjoy your vacation.
No not military, she simply got confused and December 19th is the starting date.
Regarding tickets bought from 3rd party, as some previously reported, do we need to enter the park first to ''activate'' the ticket and get the savings before price bridging to an AP or it doesn't matter ?

Regarding tickets bought from 3rd party, as some previously reported, do we need to enter the park first to ''activate'' the ticket and get the savings before price bridging to an AP or it doesn't matter ?
Not required to get the savings, but...
there is some indication that if you DO wait until after entering a park with the original ticket, the option to upgrade to AP might automatically appear in your MDX account... at the correct price.
(That option MIGHT appear before you enter the first park, so you should check for yourself.)

Last edited:
We're headed to Disney in 11 days. I currently have a package with a 7 day hopper ticket. I also purchased a memory maker for our trip. I want to upgrade to annual pass on our first day. Will I get any credit for the memory maker that I have already purchased? I did not purchase it as part of our package but added in on after.

TIA

We're headed to Disney in 11 days. I currently have a package with a 7 day hopper ticket. I also purchased a memory maker for our trip. I want to upgrade to annual pass on our first day.
1. Will I get any credit for the memory maker that I have already purchased?
2. I did not purchase it as part of our package but added in on after.
1. You should be refunded the entire amount.
That MIGHT come as a Disney gift card or as the amount deducted from your upgrade cost.
2. Ask for the refund when you do the ticket upgrade.

Is activating an AP different then the day it's first used? If we activate an AP in DS in February, but first day that we use it isn't until August, is there an issue?

Is activating an AP different then the day it's first used? If we activate an AP in DS in February, but first day that we use it isn't until August, is there an issue?
You can only “activate” an AP by using it to enter a park. You can change a voucher to a plastic AP card which you will activate in August.

You can only “activate” an AP by using it to enter a park. You can change a voucher to a plastic AP card which you will activate in August.
Thank you. So if we purchase and get the cards in February, then we can just walk right into the parks in August without any other steps to take?

Thank you. So if we purchase and get the cards in February, then we can just walk right into the parks in August without any other steps to take?
You can if you like.
If you decide to do so, please report back with the results.
The "activated at the gate" AP has not been around long enough to make that kind of assessment over time.
At this point, I tend to not want to activate the AP more than a couple of days in advance of first use.

You can if you like.
If you decide to do so, please report back with the results.
The "activated at the gate" AP has not been around long enough to make that kind of assessment over time.
At this point, I tend to not want to activate the AP more than a couple of days in advance of first use.

What about parking? if I upgrade at the kiosk at disney springs, I will have not entered the park yet, will my new AP work?

What about parking? if I upgrade at the kiosk at disney springs, I will have not entered the park yet, will my new AP work?
It should if you have the AP card.
OTOH...
If (F) the CM at the parking entrance does want payment, you can save your receipt and take it to a Guest Relations for a refund.

We are in a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance and they did not get to our group today (opening day). Not only did they give me a fast pass for tomorrow, but they gave everyone in my group a free 1 day park hopper ticket. In MDE it shows the expiration date for the tickets as 12/31/2030. We don't need the ticket tomorrow, but my question is if I can upgrade a ticket that was free and 1. Have the market value for a 1 day park hopper ticket applied (currently $185) and 2. keep the 2030 expiration date. This would be huge if it worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!