We are in a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance and they did not get to our group today (opening day). Not only did they give me a fast pass for tomorrow, but they gave everyone in my group a free 1 day park hopper ticket. In MDE it shows the expiration date for the tickets as 12/31/2030. We don't need the ticket tomorrow, but my question is
A. if I can upgrade a ticket that was free and
1. Have the market value for a 1 day park hopper ticket applied (currently $185) and
2. keep the 2030 expiration date.
B. This would be huge if it worked.
A. Sorry.
1. Nope.
2. Your original complimentary ticket looks to have the current automatic "default" expiration date. (But, no upgrade would be possible.)
B. Complimentary ("Comp") tickets have zero monetary value, so they cannot be upgraded.

I have price-bridged tickets many times in the past, but not with the new tickets. I have a 7-day adult base flex ticket purchased thru Airmiles in Canada. How do I determine what the cost of the ticket should be before I go to GS? The only thing I know is that the ticket is only good until the end of December 2019. I have a feeling that the ticket may fall in the category labelled "D" in post #6. Is there any way to tell from the ticket when it was produced?
One person has posted that they were able to get $521.85 from a similar ticket, but they were lucky. The last time I tried with 2 tickets was in the summer and they would only give me $469. I'm not sure if this ticket is the same as the ones I had in the summer as the airmiles amounts to purchase those tickets was different. Just wondering how much to push for the higher amount? I'm also considering for the first time to use the ticket to enter the park first and then try to upgrade.

I have price-bridged tickets many times in the past, but not with the new tickets.
I have a 7-day adult base flex ticket purchased thru Airmiles in Canada.
How do I determine what the cost of the ticket should be before I go to GS? The only thing I know is that the ticket is only good until the end of December 2019.
1. I have a feeling that the ticket may fall in the category labelled "D" in post #6.
2. Is there any way to tell from the ticket when it was produced?
One person has posted that they were able to get $521.85 from a similar ticket, but they were lucky.
3. The last time I tried with 2 tickets was in the summer and they would only give me $469. I'm not sure if this ticket is the same as the ones I had in the summer as the airmiles amounts to purchase those tickets was different.
4. Just wondering how much to push for the higher amount?
5. I'm also considering for the first time to use the ticket to enter the park first and then try to upgrade.
1. If you bought your ticket is from that brief time period under "D," then
you'll just need to trust that the CM who is doing your upgrade performs the correct math.
2. Contact the company that sold you your ticket.
3. If you don't have the date Disney issued the original ticket, you just don't have a way of knowing that ticket's "bridge value."
4. If you don't have the date Disney issued the original ticket, you have no basis to argue for a different value.
5. That will make no difference to the upgrade value, one way or the other.
BUT, there is a real possibility that once you are at WDW (and MAYBE after entering a park) if you check your MDX account...
It MIGHT be that the ability to upgrade will automatically appear in your MDX account (and at the correct upgrade price.)

1. If you bought your ticket is from that brief time period under "D," then
you'll just need to trust that the CM who is doing your upgrade performs the correct math.
2. Contact the company that sold you your ticket.
3. If you don't have the date Disney issued the original ticket, you just don't have a way of knowing that ticket's "bridge value."
4. If you don't have the date Disney issued the original ticket, you have no basis to argue for a different value.
5. That will make no difference to the upgrade value, one way or the other.
BUT, there is a real possibility that once you are at WDW (and MAYBE after entering a park) if you check your MDX account...
It MIGHT be that the ability to upgrade will automatically appear in your MDX account (and at the correct upgrade price.)

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if Airmiles will be able to tell me what they paid for the ticket or when they purchased it, but I can try. So I should link the ticket into my account now and then go thru the gate with it and later check My Disney Experience? So you're saying it may give me the option online to upgrade to an AP - and if so list the price to do so? I've never gone this route before, so that's why I ask.

Thanks for your reply.
1. I'm not sure if Airmiles will be able to tell me what they paid for the ticket
2. or when they purchased it, but I can try.
3. So I should link the ticket into my account now and then go thru the gate with it and later check My Disney Experience?
4. So you're saying it may give me the option online to upgrade to an AP -
5. and if so list the price to do so?
I've never gone this route before, so that's why I ask.
1. It doesn't matter what Airmiles paid for the ticket (or what you paid Airmiles.)
That does not figure into the cost to upgrade.
2. They can tell when they purchased it. (Although finding someone who will tell YOU is the issue. [There's no reason they should not tell you, but sometimes finding someone who understands the finer points may be somewhat difficult.])
3. No reason to NOT link it.
The option to upgrade MIGHT appear simply because you are on WDW property, in general... OR it MIGHT appear after you enter a park. (I've seen both situations reported.)
4. Yes.
5. It would have to give the price, otherwise it could not make a valid offer.

Sitting on the plane, can’t find my answer. So, asking you all. I bought my dd one of the three day, after noon, one park per day passes. I should have added park hopping. Does anyone know if I can add it when we get to the parks?

Sitting on the plane, can’t find my answer. So, asking you all. I bought my dd one of the three day, after noon, one park per day passes. I should have added park hopping. Does anyone know if I can add it when we get to the parks?
Yes, you can.
Just go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations.
Adding the Hopper to a 3-day Mid-Day Magic ticket will cost about $75.

Last edited:

Hi All. Purchased a pair of 4 day Magic Tickets (late jan) through Disney (335 each + tax = $713 total.) If I wanted to upgrade to Hopper - am I correct in pricing this out to be about a $300 extra cost for 2 tickets after tax? 4 day regular tickets + hopper coms out to around $1k for 2 tickets on Disney's website. (Didn't know about discount sites in advance of purchase.)
Thank you!

Hi All. Purchased a pair of 4 day Magic Tickets (late jan) through Disney (335 each + tax = $713 total.) If I wanted to upgrade to Hopper - am I correct in pricing this out to be about a $300 extra cost for 2 tickets after tax? 4 day regular tickets + hopper coms out to around $1k for 2 tickets on Disney's website. (Didn't know about discount sites in advance of purchase.)
Thank you!
Let's just deal with ONE ticket (and you can then do the math for as many others as you like.)

Prices from Disney World site HERE.

"Late Jan. 2020" prices

$520.03 Theme Park Hopper, 4-Day w/tax
-360.80 4-Park Magic Ticket w/tax
=159.50 difference price w/tax

It would cost $159.50 to upgrade one ticket.

It would cost $159.50 to upgrade one ticket.

Thanks - that verifies my math. Big difference! Appreciate the help. Might still pull the trigger. Staying on property and nice to go back to resort mid-day...

Thanks - that verifies my math. Big difference! Appreciate the help. Might still pull the trigger. Staying on property and nice to go back to resort mid-day...
With the 4-Park Magic tickets, you CAN go back to the resort mid-day and RETURN to the SAME PARK that evening.

But, you can't go to a DIFFERENT PARK that evening without a Hopper ticket.

With the 4-Park Magic tickets, you CAN go back to the resort mid-day and RETURN to the SAME PARK that evening.

But, you can't go to a DIFFERENT PARK that evening without a Hopper ticket.

That is a game changer! I was misled by the fine print that says "One theme park per day and the tickets can be used to enter each theme park only once."
However, some other comments on blog articles state that this is not referring to re-entry at the same park on the same day. Is this correct/confirmed?

That is a game changer! I was misled by the fine print that says "One theme park per day and the tickets can be used to enter each theme park only once."
However, some other comments on blog articles state that this is not referring to re-entry at the same park on the same day. Is this correct/confirmed?
Confirmed.

Last edited:
If I have an email receipt from a ticket (I bought direct from Disney), can I go to the TTC the day before my ticket is valid to get it redeemed?

If I have an email receipt from a ticket (I bought direct from Disney), can I go to the TTC the day before my ticket is valid to get it redeemed?
Yes.
But, it costs money to park at TTC.
I suggest that you go to a Water Park (free parking) and redeem the ticket at a ticket booth/Guest Relations outside the gate there.

Yes.
But, it costs money to park at TTC.
I suggest that you go to a Water Park (free parking) and redeem the ticket at a ticket booth/Guest Relations outside the gate there.
Got it covered. We're going to the Poly to watch HEA on the night before the ticket is good for. What time does the TTC Will Call close on Saturdays?

Edit: Never mind, there's one in Disney Springs that will be much easier.

Last edited:
I used to be the master of bridging, but this was a few iterations of tickets ago. And now for the first time, I have a (non-date-specific) ticket, purchased in mid-2018, that is going to expire as of 12/31/19 (or, if you prefer, 1/14/20). Since I've only read a tiny bit of this thread, I'm uncertain on what the value of this ticket will be when I apply it to a new purchase. Is that something we know for sure? Does it also involve a "bridge" of some kind, even though this precise ticket (8-day hopper, non date-specific) no longer exists?
And just to make it more complicated, it was bought from UT at a discount.
Thanks for any clarification here.

I used to be the master of bridging, but this was a few iterations of tickets ago. And now for the first time, I have a (non-date-specific) ticket,
1. purchased in mid-2018, that
2. is going to expire as of 12/31/19 (or, if you prefer, 1/14/20).
3. Since I've only read a tiny bit of this thread, I'm uncertain on what the value of this ticket will be when I apply it to a new purchase.
4. Is that something we know for sure?
5. Does it also involve a "bridge" of some kind,
6. even though this precise ticket (8-day hopper, non date-specific) no longer exists?
7. And just to make it more complicated, it was bought from UT at a discount.
Thanks for any clarification here.
1. A precise purchase date can help in these calculations.
2. Why did you post two different expiration dates?
3. What you are looking for is Post #6 in the this thread.
4. If your current ticket was from tickets created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16, 2018,
then yes.
5. Yes.
6. Yes. You would compare to a ticket with the start-date of your upcoming trip.
7. Not really more complicated, as
8. upgrading discounted tickets has been what price bridging has been about for many years.
Gp to Post #6 and read the info regarding the tickets you own.
If there is more info you need, please post back.

Just an update to my previous post about the 7-day flex ticket I have. I must be blind or something, and didn't notice the date on the ticket. It says 08/01/2019 (not sure if that's August or January - August I think). I called Disney and asked about the ticket and the CM said it was a current ticket worth $627.29 - or at least that's what it should be worth. I know Airmiles pays less for their tickets. So, I'm going to go with that info and try to price bridge. The CM recommended going to Disney Springs, but I've always had success with the GS outside MK, plus there's supposed to be a note in my file telling the next CM that I can price bridge tickets. Hopefully they won't give me a hard time. If you have any further suggestions for me before I attempt this on the 21st, I'm happy to accept them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!