I have a question.about the mid day magic tickets and Disney reps are telling me different things. I know you can upgrade to hopper tickets, but is it possible to upgrade or trade in for a full day base ticket? We’re having second thoughts about missing mornings. Thanks!

I have a question.about the mid day magic tickets and Disney reps are telling me different things. I know you can upgrade to hopper tickets, but is it possible to upgrade or trade in for a full day base ticket?
Yes.
Subtract the price (including tax) for the Midday Magic ticket from the price (including tax) of the ticket that you want. Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

So, if I buy a one day Park Hopper Option Plus and go to the Parks on Friday, April 3, I have to go to the water park or use option on April 4th?

I am pretty sure I know the answer to my question but I just want to make sure...
I bought 6-day park base tickets for our February trip from Undercover tourist fearing a price increase in October...
That was right before Canadian discounts came out and now that would make me save 100$ more...
Is there a way I can upgrade these tickets now to an AP voucher (we know we want those for 2021 or 2022) by calling Disney and then get the Canadian discount ticket, or will they refuse since I got those via a reseller?

I am pretty sure I know the answer to my question but I just want to make sure...
I bought 6-day park base tickets for our February trip from Undercover tourist fearing a price increase in October...
That was right before Canadian discounts came out and now that would make me save 100$ more...
Is there a way I can upgrade these tickets now to an AP voucher (we know we want those for 2021 or 2022) by calling Disney and then get the Canadian discount ticket, or will they refuse since I got those via a reseller?
You can upgrade the UT tickets.
I don't know if you can do that in advance of your trip, but you can certainly do the upgrade to AP Certificate ("AP voucher") when you are at WDW for your Feb. trip.

Thanks
I was under the impression that you could not upgrade UT before using them...
But if it’s not that clear, I guess it’s worth a call!

Thanks
I was under the impression that you could not upgrade UT before using them...
Upgrading valid tickets from any source does not require "use before upgrading."
(As in, you can certainly upgrade UT tickets while at WDW before you enter a park.)

As to whether you can CALL to upgrade, that is uncertain.
You can TRY to upgrade to AP right NOW via your MDX account.
Some have suggested that is now an option.

And, as always, an AP cannot be activated except in-person at WDW,
so upgrading in advance (if possible) will not automatically "start" that AP's use.

I don’t see that as An option unfortunately (I can add days or switch to Park hoppers but that’s it)
Guess I will have to call!

Hi - trying to help my son and gf out by getting them a few days into the parks, but my means are limited this year. Can a 3-day Mid-Day base ticket be upgraded to 4-day Mid-Day with park hopper if they decide they want to?

Last edited:
Hi - trying to help my son and gf out by getting them a few days into the parks, but my means are limited this year. Can a 3-day Mid-Day base ticket be upgraded to 4-day Mid-Day with park hopper if they decide they want to?
Yes. From Disney’s site:
“A Park Hopper Option and a Park Hopper Plus Option are available for add-on. For Park Hopper Plus option, admission to Disney Water Parks and other fun activities is after 12:00 PM.”

I renewed my annual pass in August for an expiration on 9/17/2019. I purchased by phone as I was downgrading from Platinum to Gold. When I access my MDE account, I have a "renewal certificate" on my account. If I access the AP website, it shows that I don't have an active AP because it expired 9/17. Phone reps have also said I do not have an active AP (I was able to access the same discounts with DVC and it didn't click that there might be an issue with my renewal until I hung up). Is this how it normally works? I assumed the new AP would kick in when my old one expired, but do I need to activate it first? Thanks in advance for your help!

I renewed my annual pass in August for an expiration on 9/17/2019. I purchased by phone as I was downgrading from Platinum to Gold. When I access my MDE account, I have a "renewal certificate" on my account. If I access the AP website, it shows that I don't have an active AP because it expired 9/17. Phone reps have also said I do not have an active AP (I was able to access the same discounts with DVC and it didn't click that there might be an issue with my renewal until I hung up). Is this how it normally works? I assumed the new AP would kick in when my old one expired, but do I need to activate it first? Thanks in advance for your help!
If you renewed (even with a change in AP type) you WOULD still have an active (counting down from the anniversary date) current AP.
Renewals keep the same anniversary date as the original AP.
Call again.

Last edited:
If you reneed (even with a change in AP type) you WOULD still have an active (counting down from the anniversary date) current AP.
Renewals keep the same anniversary date as the original AP.
Call again.
Thanks! I will call and see what is happening.

I believe you still have to activate it before you enter a park with it, even though it’s a renewal. The effective date will be the date the old one expired.

However, you should still be able to make FPs with it, either within the next 30 days (or 60 days if you’re in an on-site stay window). You just can’t enter a park with it until you activate it (at which time they’ll check your ID and DVC membership.

Hi, I just purchased tickets through UT. It is the first time in a decade of visits that we haven't gone directly through Disney.

How long does it usually take UT to deliver e-tickets?

Will you receive any AP discounts to your room if you upgrade to an annual pass the day you check in? I have a five day park hopper pass and will be upgrading to annual pass, my trip is in Dec 2019. Wasn't sure if my rate at the hotel will be updated to a better rate if I upgrade to an annual pass?

Hello! I need help thinking through my AP options to make sure I’m not missing something. I currently have a Platinum AP that expires Nov 3. I have trips planned for Dec 2019 and Jan, May & Dec 2020. As much as I would like to save the $150 on renewing my current AP, it will expire before my Dec 2020 trip. So my best bet is to just let this one expire and purchase a new AP for my Dec 2019 trip, right? Is there a better way to do this that I am missing (wish I could put my current AP “on hold” until Dec-haha)?

1. Will you receive any AP discounts to your room if you upgrade to an annual pass the day you check in?
2. I have a five day park hopper pass and will be upgrading to annual pass, my trip is in Dec 2019.
3. Wasn't sure if my rate at the hotel will be updated to a better rate if I upgrade to an annual pass?
1. That's not how AP room discounts work. You must pre-book a room that has an AP discount before checking in.
2. You do not need to HAVE an AP in order to pre-book a room that has an AP discount.
You can first book the AP-discounted room, and not need to upgrade to (or purchase) an AP until after you arrive at WDW.
3. Room rates are NOT "updated" to include AP discounts.
AP discounted rooms must be booked in advance.
There are only a certain number of AP rooms available, and they only available during specific dates during the year (which can change yearly.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!