TICKETS + How to UPGRADE

StageTek

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
Hiya, Robo. You've helped me (and everyone!) in the past; I wanna run something past you:

I purchased an annual pass Feb 5 https://www.disboards.com/threads/already-thinking-of-sept-2021.3786680/post-61548513
with the plan of not using it until a Sept. 2021 trip. Thus my AP year will be through Sept 2022.

Now I'm considering a Sept 2020 trip. Here's my assumption: if I buy a package including tickets nothing will happen with my unactivated pass. Sure, I won't get any of the discounts but I can still activate my pass when I go in 2021. Am I correct?

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
Hiya, Robo. You've helped me (and everyone!) in the past; I wanna run something past you:
I purchased an annual pass Feb 5 https://www.disboards.com/threads/already-thinking-of-sept-2021.3786680/post-61548513
with the plan of not using it until a Sept. 2021 trip. Thus my AP year will be through Sept 2022.
Now I'm considering a Sept 2020 trip. Here's my assumption:

1. if I buy a package including tickets nothing will happen with my unactivated pass. Sure, I won't get any of the discounts but
2. I can still activate my pass when I go in 2021. Am I correct?
1. Correct.
Guests can have as many valid tickets in their MDX account as they like.
You cannot "accidentally" activate an AP certificate into a live AP.
The AP certificate will remain ready to activate (at least until the end of the year 2030) at such time as you are ready to physically activate it, in-person at WDW.
2. Correct.

StageTek

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
Once again I thank you, Robo. Nice to have the great resource that is DISboards and you.

I think I'm going in 2020 after all.

• disneyfan150

Mouseketeer
    After you purchase a ticket online using the Disney site, how long does it take for them to appear on your MDE? ADRs, Hotel reservations, and FPs have always appeared immediately for me. Wondering if it is (generally) also true for tickets.

Robo

1. After you purchase a ticket online using the Disney site, how long does it take for them to appear on your MDE?
    2. ADRs, Hotel reservations, and FPs have always appeared immediately for me. Wondering if it is (generally) also true for tickets.
    1. "Normally," instantly.
    2. Yes.

MUtiger98

Earning My Ears
    Another ticket upgrade question--I can't figure out, for the life of me, what the base value of my 7 day PH tickets (purchased Dec 2019) are...is there a way to calculate it since I can't find the receipt? I tried to look on the 2019 pricing archives, and while I see the 1 park/1 day pricing, I can't find multiple days or PH. The tickets were supposed to be for spring break, but now I'm thinking I may upgrade to an AP at the holidays. Trying to figure how much that will run.

Robo

Another ticket upgrade question--I can't figure out, for the life of me, what the base value of my 7 day PH tickets (purchased Dec 2019) are...is there a way to calculate it since I can't find the receipt? I tried to look on the 2019 pricing archives, and while I see the 1 park/1 day pricing, I can't find multiple days or PH. The tickets were supposed to be for spring break, but now I'm thinking I may upgrade to an AP at the holidays. Trying to figure how much that will run.
    Call Disney.

• Lsdolphin

DIS Veteran
    I had an AP which expired on 3/7 I decided not to renew that AP and instead I purchased a 4 day/4 park pass which I planned to use in Sept.
    Now I think I would like another AP after all. So my questions are:
    • Would my AP which expired on 3/7 still qualify for a renewal discount?
    • would I be able to apply the cost of my current 4 day/4 park pass toward the renewal/purchase of an AP?
    • If the answer to the above question is yes, can I do this purchase/upgrade online or by telephone or would it need to be done onsite at a guest services location? (I would like to purchase tix to MNSSHP and a DAH and get the AP discount prior to my arrival)

Robo

I had an AP which expired on 3/7 I decided not to renew that AP and instead I purchased a 4 day/4 park pass which I planned to use in Sept.
    Now I think I would like another AP after all. So my questions are:
    • 1- Would my AP which expired on 3/7 still qualify for a renewal discount?
    • 2- would I be able to apply the cost of my current 4 day/4 park pass toward the renewal/purchase of an AP?
    • 3- If the answer to the above question is yes, can I do this purchase/upgrade online or by telephone or would it need to be done onsite at a guest services location?
    • 4- (I would like to purchase tix to MNSSHP and a DAH and get the AP discount prior to my arrival)
    1- Due to the current "extension" of AP's, I'd expect that it would.
    2- Likely, but...
    3- It would be more difficult (maybe not possible) if you wanted to do the upgrade from home.
    4- You can always try.

Lsdolphin

DIS Veteran
    so I called a Disney to renew an AP which had expired in March after park closure. I was told my 30 day renewal period has passed so I would need to purchase new full price AP. However I did receive an email from Disney Destinations that stated:
    • Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.
    the CM told me she knew nothing about this. So I am planning to call back and speak to someone else but I wanted to ask here first if Disney does offer me the opportunity for the 15% discount to renew my AP would that mean that the pass would still expire on my initial March
    date ? If so that means that if my next trip is not until September I would be paying for an AP that would not cover an entire year...
    I am now thinking I would just need to purchase a new AP that would not be Activated until I’m actually at WDW again.

i hope all this makes sense to someone...

Erica Ladd

Mouseketeer
    Hello! Quick question and thanks for all the great info here.

we have a September 2020 trip planned For 2 with 5 day PH. If all seems well we want to upgrade to APs i

This is usually when FD BB promos are available. If I book a package for 2021 as a BB and buy the required tickets can I

1. Apply those ticket values towards renewal or new purchase of APs?
    AND/OR
    2. Transfer those tickets to others like my kids?
    I know I cannot do both at the same time but trying to figure out options! Thx!

• Robo

so I called a Disney to renew an AP which had expired in March after park closure. I was told my 30 day renewal period has passed so I would need to purchase new full price AP. However I did receive an email from Disney Destinations that stated:
    * Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.the CM told me she knew nothing about this. So I am planning to call back and speak to someone else but I wanted to ask here first if Disney does offer me the opportunity for the 15% discount to renew my AP would that mean that the pass would still expire on my initial March date ?

If so that means that if my next trip is not until September I would be paying for an AP that would not cover an entire year...

I am now thinking I would just need to purchase a new AP that would not be Activated until I’m actually at WDW again.
    You'd likely get a full year starting on the date that your renewed AP became active (likely the date that Disney "reopens.")
    But, nobody "knows" anything.

Regardless, if you will not be going to WDW during the 2 months following what would ultimately be your renewal date
    (again, likely the date that Disney finally "reopens")
    your better deal would be to buy a NEW AP that would be activated on the start of your next trip.

Robo

we have a September 2020 trip planned For 2 with 5 day PH. If all seems well we want to upgrade to APs i
    This is usually when FD BB promos are available. If I book a package for 2021 as a BB and buy the required tickets can I

1. Apply those ticket values towards renewal or new purchase of APs?
    AND/OR
    2. Transfer those tickets to others like my kids?
    I know I cannot do both at the same time but trying to figure out options! Thx!
    1. Traditionally, yes.
    2. Yes.

Erica Ladd

Mouseketeer
    Two more questions for the experts -

1- I bought a BB package through Disney in Nov 2019 with 5 day PH. Is there a place to find prices since the increase? (No price bridging on Disney bought tix right?)

2- If I book a bounce back FD package (if there is one) and purchase the minimum tickets and want to transfer them to someone else can I transfer BEFORE the bounce back reservation or are those tickets hardwired/connected to that package and its dates? Ex - I book the BB trip for December 2021 but want to transfer them to someone before then...

Robo

Two more questions for the experts -

1a- I bought a BB package through Disney in Nov 2019 with 5 day PH. Is there a place to find prices since the increase?
    1b- (No price bridging on Disney bought tix right?)

2- If I book a bounce back FD package (if there is one) and purchase the minimum tickets and want to transfer them to someone else can I transfer BEFORE the bounce back reservation or are those tickets hardwired/connected to that package and its dates? Ex - I book the BB trip for December 2021 but want to transfer them to someone before then...
    1a- Call Disney.
    1b- Correct.
    2- Almost surely you'd have to wait until check-in date to be able to transfer those tickets.
    But, you can always "ask nicely."

wonderchica

Earning My Ears
    Question about unused days on tickets- we have 6 day tickets. Hypothetically, if we go when not all parks are opened, and only wanted to use 3 days on the tickets, could the other 3 be held on to for later use? Or are they “lost”?

Lsdolphin

DIS Veteran
    Hmmm...I have a 4 day 4 park ticket which I’m thinking of trying to apply to renewal of AP..however how would i even be able to use that ticket if all parks are not open anyway...

Robo

Hmmm...I have a 4 day 4 park ticket which
    1. I’m thinking of trying to apply to renewal of AP..however
    2. how would i even be able to use that ticket if all parks are not open anyway...
    1. OK.
    2. You don't need to use it (in fact you don't want to use it, if your intent is to renew a current AP.)

What is the anniversary (end) date of your current AP?

Robo

Question about unused days on tickets- we have 6 day tickets. Hypothetically, if we go when not all parks are opened, and only wanted to use 3 days on the tickets, could the other 3 be held on to for later use? Or are they “lost”?
    Whether selected parks will not be open is all theoretical at this point.
    If (IF) selected parks are not open during your trip, we do not know what (if anything) Disney will do
    regarding special ticket rules during that time.
    We can only guess... and that doesn't mean much right now.

Besides, if you have 6 days worth of tickets already, since there are normally only 4 parks, anyway,
    you'd be going to one or more parks on more than one day each, regardless.

wonderchica

Earning My Ears
    Whether selected parks will not be open is all theoretical at this point.
    If (IF) selected parks are not open during your trip, we do not know what (if anything) Disney will do
    regarding special ticket rules during that time.
    We can only guess... and that doesn't mean much right now.

Besides, if you have 6 days worth of tickets already, since there are normally only 4 parks, anyway,
    you'd be going to one or more parks on more than one day each, regardless.
    Yes, that’s all true. I suppose a more general question would be- if you don’t use all the days on a multi day ticket, can you use the leftover days on another trip or are they forfeit if not used?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.