We rescheduled our trip to next month. I don't know why all of a sudden this thought came to me! I changed our park reservations to the new dates, when I originally purchased the tickets, you had to pick the day you wanted the ticket to start (pre-pandemic). Do I have to do anything else with these tickets, is just changing the park reservation date enough, or do I have to change the start date of using the tickets somehow?
Thank you!!

Some tickets (mostly those intended for use during pandemic park-closed dates) have been automatically converted to "use it on any date" up to some special expiration date declared by Disney due to the pandemic.

Otherwise you would have to change the start dates of your tickets. The method would be like a trade in of what tickets you have towards the tickets you want.

Normally no change is returned if the new tickets cost less. You would have to pay more if the new tickets cost more.

If the tickets had passed a hard expiration date (usually a December 31) and you originally purchased them from a third part such as AAA, the trade in value might be less than what you paid.

The trade in can be done at ticket booths if you waited that long. I think that there is still the potential for more changes to occur regarding which tickets get extended automatically so I would not make the trade in too soon.

Ticket privileges, once granted or liberalized, have never been abridged or withdrawn, other than because a venue (such as Pleasure Island) was closed down.

Last edited:
Short answer: If you were able to make park reservations, your tickets are good!

Longer answer: It sounds like you purchased tickets pre-COVID, and those tickets were automatically extended to 9/26/2021 by WDW. You may use them any time from your original "start" date through the new extended expiration date. If for some reason you have to cancel again and don't use the tickets before next September, they will retain value towards and upgrade/new dates.

ok thank you! We're leaving in 4 weeks, and I thought of that in the middle of the night lol! We have new park reservations, so it sounds like we're all good-just didn't want to have to call Disney and be on hold for ever. Thanks again!!

I didn't think we'd be back to WDW until 2021, but after recent discussion my husband and I decided to take a chance and booked at an off-site hotel for 11/28-12/4/20. Our first park day will be 11/29. I've been out of the loop on current changes since I wasn't planning on going this year so I have 2 questions.

1. If we buy our tickets now and COVID numbers spike and we decide to cancel our trip, if I've already entered our ticket info in My Disney Experience, can I still get a refund on the tickets?
2. I'm assuming the week after Thanksgiving will be busy, so can I tell if days are still available for Park Reservations if I haven't bought my tickets yet?

I'm thinking we need to go ahead and buy our park tickets now, but still worried about possibly having to cancel our trip and losing money.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
We've been to WDW several times but without planning fast passes or having any "must do" things, we're planning a more laid back trip with time to stop and have a drink or a sit down meal.

I didn't think we'd be back to WDW until 2021, but after recent discussion my husband and I decided to take a chance and booked at an off-site hotel for 11/28-12/4/20. Our first park day will be 11/29. I've been out of the loop on current changes since I wasn't planning on going this year so I have 2 questions.

1. If we buy our tickets now and COVID numbers spike and we decide to cancel our trip, if I've already entered our ticket info in My Disney Experience, can I still get a refund on the tickets?
2. I'm assuming the week after Thanksgiving will be busy, so can I tell if days are still available for Park Reservations if I haven't bought my tickets yet?

3. I'm thinking we need to go ahead and buy our park tickets now, but still worried about possibly having to cancel our trip and losing money.
1. That might be the case. At the very least, you'd retain the value of the tickets for future use.
2. Yes. Just go to the Disney World website and look up the dates that you want to go.
3. Yup. You and everybody else.

Do we have confirmation that the COVID-affected tickets can be used on any dates during the use period, including a split? We have 7-day tickets, and I'm considering only using 5 days on our upcoming trip, and going 2 days this summer (a detour on a trip to the Keys). With normal tickets, of course, this would not be possible, but earlier chatter indicated that this scenario might be possible with the COVID extension.

I have a 6-day Park-Hopper ticket back in February for our 7-day trip at the end of October. My original plan was to upgrade it to an AP since I'm tentatively planning a trip next October as well, but that's obviously not going to happen. So, now I am wondering, is there anything that I can do to recoup the difference in cost between the base ticket and the cost of the (now useless) park-hopper option? We were also planning to add a day to the ticket, but now we won't be able to "guarantee" a park reservation so that is also a moot point. I am just wondering what others have experienced.

sending you to the ticket sticky. Also the name of that company will get asterisked here by Webmaster's decision, just letting you know

I have a 6-day Park-Hopper ticket... now I am wondering, is there anything that I can do to recoup the difference in cost between the base ticket and the cost of the (now useless) park-hopper option?
The method is to go to any Guest Relations at WDW and ask nicely.
Have a great trip!

More general ticket question: should an unused AP voucher, purchased from Sam's Club, be able to be reassigned? I have done this several times in the past but it is currently not working.

Problem was solved by a great cast member. Took me hours but it's done and now I don't have to deal with it at the parks.

Last edited:
@kristenrice Have you tried calling? Some folks have been successful getting the hopper refunded and adding a day. If you bought through a 3rd party vendor, WDW may not be able to help until you arrive, but it may be worth a phone call to try.

@kristenrice Have you tried calling? Some folks have been successful getting the hopper refunded and adding a day. If you bought through a 3rd party vendor, WDW may not be able to help until you arrive, but it may be worth a phone call to try.
We *did* buy through a 3rd party vendor so that's why I am simply planning to visit Guest Services. Thanks for the idea, though.

So there was a thread I read about getting a credit for your current tickets placed on your account if you were in the parks and intending to upgrade to an AP. Is that just a fluke that a few people have experienced or is it something we can (hopefully) expect to happen when we go? We would absolutely have upgraded to the DVC Gold AP on our upcoming November trip so we are kind of bummed we have to get these one and done tickets.

I know we cannot go to more than one park per day. But as I am booking a vacation for next Spring '21, I see that the park hopper option is available at the WDW site. There is no explanation or qualification, which I find unusual. The hopper option is also available on Undercover Tourist. Any insight?

WDW is apparently expecting (hoping?) to allow park hopping in 2021. Nothing specific has been shared at this time.

Disney is selling park hopper option tickets for visits in or after January 1st. However, they have not made any official statement saying it will be allowed. Basically, if you chose the park hopper option and Disney decides not to provide this option, you could just go to Guest Relations and have that portion of the ticket refunded (currently those you had park hopper portions refunddd, it is in the form of a Disney gift card).

suggest you follow here and Disney's official website for updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!