Just to clarify for people reading this that are going next year, this 7 day ticket only applies to tickets bought through the end of this year. The 2021 tickets are back to 10 day tickets, and if you alrready had tickets this year that were extended to Sept of 2021 like us, or bought them for next year, you can get the entire 10 day refund of your park hoppers back if park hopping doesn't come back by your trip . I already discussed this with a CM when I changed my resort for my next May trip. Also they would prefer you call and get the refund a few days before your scheduled trip if park hopping isn't back. So all of you going next year, just wait to get the refund until a few days before your trip instead of wasting your time going to guest services while there.

Yes. This advice is for those going this year that would like a refund on the difference of their park hoppers of 8 days or more.

Just to clarify for people reading this that are going next year, this 7 day ticket only applies to tickets bought through the end of this year. The 2021 tickets are back to 10 day tickets, and if you alrready had tickets this year that were extended to Sept of 2021 like us, or bought them for next year, you can get the entire 10 day refund of your park hoppers back if park hopping doesn't come back by your trip . I already discussed this with a CM when I changed my resort for my next May trip. Also they would prefer you call and get the refund a few days before your scheduled trip if park hopping isn't back. So all of you going next year, just wait to get the refund until a few days before your trip instead of wasting your time going to guest services while there.
I was not told that I could do it over the phone. Good to know. They did not offer up that information. But, having said that you will still need to wait until you are in the park your last day.

I was not told that I could do it over the phone. Good to know. They did not offer up that information. But, having said that you will still need to wait until you are in the park your last day.
For this year, yes. My clarification was for next year only and it was made clear to me that if for instance hopping is not back by our trip in May of next year, i was encouraged to get the hopping refund a few days before the trip, over the phone from ticket services and it would be quickly refunded, no problems, no having to do it at the parks on the last day.

I thought I've read where if you have it done before your trip, it may affect park reservations that are on the ticket. I also have 8 day tickets. If I don't have to stand in line at Guest Services Christmas Day, that would be great! But I'm not prepared to jeopardize my park reservations for what may be a very busy week.

I thought I've read where if you have it done before your trip, it may affect park reservations that are on the ticket. I also have 8 day tickets. If I don't have to stand in line at Guest Services Christmas Day, that would be great! But I'm not prepared to jeopardize my park reservations for what may be a very busy week.
Well, your trip is still this year, so i would also wait until in the parks to get the refund this year. I am talking about next year specifically and i asked the extremely knowledgeable CM about it messing up park tickets and he knew what I was talking about but said it would have absolutely no effect, but this was a discussion about my trip next May.........not this year. I was only letting next years people know what I was told a few days ago. Since 2021 tickets are back to 10 day with hopper option and this years is only 7 day, the whole 7 day thing probably messes everything up in regards to the refund, but i am guessing next year is more normal since the regular ticketing options are back and easier on their end to credit back if necessary.

Thats another reason why you'd wait until last day you use your ticket. That way you get all of your days and then request a refund of the hopper difference. I will have to find out if you can call to do that or if the only option is to go to guest services. We all know the wait either way is long. I will update that info on this thread.

We chose just to do 7 days in the parks. Disney wanted somewhere around $347 for 3 extra days each. We had 3 people. I wasn't willing to spend $1,000 more. We stayed at the room one day - it rained. One day we went to Disney Springs. One day we did mini golf and are at Sanaa and tried their bread service and looked around the lobby and saw the animals on the savannah.

We went at the end of July and had a 7 day ticket. I inquired at a few of the guest service desks and they referred me to an email address. I contacted them via email and asked about applying my ticket values to an AP and they gave me a case number and said that if/when they begin to sell APs again, we would be able to give them the case number and purchase an AP that will be retroactive to the first date we used our tickets in July. Really hoping it happens soon because it is not much more for a DVC discounted AP.

Maybe. Did you purchase tickets directly from WDW, or through an authorized re-seller? You may need to deal with the third party if bought that way.

However, tickets purchased prior to June 2020 were automatically extended through 9/26/2021. And if not used by then you can always put the value towards new future tickets.
Piggybacking on to this question to help me with the difference calculation. Is it as simple as the price I paid to UT or do I need to know the gate price? I’ve been around long enough to remember lots of bridging threads, people saying they had to correct a CMs math etc but have never needed to do this and think I’m confusing things.

We have 5 day PH from UT, etickets, linked to us in MDE, expiring in September 2021. I have all my order info and know what I paid.

Piggybacking on to this question to help me with the difference calculation. Is it as simple as the price I paid to UT or

1. do I need to know the gate price?
2. I’ve been around long enough to remember lots of bridging threads, people saying they had to correct a CMs math etc but have never needed to do this and think I’m confusing things.

We have 5 day PH from UT, etickets, linked to us in MDE, expiring in September 2021. I have all my order info and know what I paid.
1. Not the Disney gate price, but the Disney on-line order price.
2. Yup.
What you paid UT is not in the equation.

1. Not the Disney gate price, but the Disney on-line order price.
2. Yup.
What you paid UT is not in the equation.
Thanks Robo. Any tips on how I could find what that price was? Or is it the online price at the time of upgrade?

If helpful bought in January 2020 for use in July 2020.

One more question, so my 7 day tickets are valid from Oct 24 to Nov 1st. If I wanted to buy a one day ticket to make it an 8 day visit can I simply buy the cheapest day and it will use that ticket and then resume the other tickets or do I have to buy the ticket for the actual extra day that I would need which is Oct 31st? It’s $5 difference but hey $5 is $5

I have been waiting on AP's to come out before my trip next month. It appears that won't happen. I have 6 day hoppers purchased for a trip I was originally taking in June. Those tickets now say "valid any 6 days prior to Sept 26, 2021. So, I am wondering if I can use 2 of those days next month? Then, save 4 days for my trip in March (hoping to be able to park hop by then) and upgrade what would then be a 4 day hopper, back to a 6 day hopper? Does that make sense? :)

It makes sense.

I don’t think anyone has reported back that they’ve been able to do that. It sounds like you can, but what if they revert to the ”expires 14 days after first use”?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!