One more question, so my 7 day tickets are valid from Oct 24 to Nov 1st. If I wanted to buy a one day ticket to make it an 8 day visit can I simply buy the cheapest day and it will use that ticket and then resume the other tickets or do I have to buy the ticket for the actual extra day that I would need which is Oct 31st? It’s $5 difference but hey $5 is $5
You’ll need a 1-day ticket for one of the dates you plan to enter the park. It can fall in the middle of your trip if that’s the best priced day, or the beginning or end. Your 7-day ticket has a 10-day “use window” so it does not have to be used on consecutive dates. If you buy for mid-trip, just stop by a ticket window or Guest Relations to have the 1-day ticket prioritized that day.

It has been assumed that will work but until recently unconfirmed. I do recall a post just a week or so ago that someone finally confirmed yes.

Just wanted to confirm for my scenario - we have a four day ticket that we may want to upgrade to a 5 day ticket while there. Im assuming that we’d need to decide this and upgrade before leaving the park on our last (fourth) day? P

Just wanted to confirm for my scenario - we have a four day ticket that we may want to upgrade to a 5 day ticket while there.

Im assuming that we’d need to decide this and upgrade before leaving the park on our last (fourth) day? P
Well, not necessarily "before LEAVING the park" that last day.
You need to do any upgrades before CLOSE OF BUSINESS on the last day
that a ticket is used.

That was the rule before the pandemic.
I have not since heard otherwise.

Last edited:

This is a dumb AP question. Is the expiration date the same day you activate the pass, 1 year later, or is it 1 day earlier or one day later? I seem to remember it being 1 day later, but don't remember for sure.

For example, if I activated my pass on June 1st, 2021, could I use it on June 1st, 2022 or would May 31, 2022 be the last day? I'm trying to plan a beginning of summer trip for next year and want to be sure I can get a full trip in 2022 after DD gets out of school.

This is a dumb AP question. Is the expiration date the same day you activate the pass, 1 year later, or is it 1 day earlier or one day later? I seem to remember it being 1 day later, but don't remember for sure.

For example, if I activated my pass on June 1st, 2021, could I use it on June 1st, 2022 or would May 31, 2022 be the last day? I'm trying to plan a beginning of summer trip for next year and want to be sure I can get a full trip in 2022 after DD gets out of school.
You can use it on June 1.

Questions about upgrading 10 day tkt to AP. I am able to upgrade a Disney bought 10 day tkt to AP,( parks closed while I had an active AP).

1. Resort is AP rate for Nov. trip. Will I have to activate the AP to get the AP resort rate? I have a 2nd 10 tkt (UCT)I would like to use for Nov., then activate AP for my March trip).

2. Who do I contact to prioritize the tickets?

Thank You!

Questions about upgrading 10 day tkt to AP. I am able to upgrade a Disney bought 10 day tkt to AP,( parks closed while I had an active AP).

1. Resort is AP rate for Nov. trip. Will I have to activate the AP to get the AP resort rate? I have a 2nd 10 tkt (UCT)I would like to use for Nov., then activate AP for my March trip).

2. Who do I contact to prioritize the tickets?

Thank You!
1. Ethically, yes. You are supposed to own/activate an AP at some point during the trip on which you
are getting the AP resort rate.
2. Any Guest Relations at WDW.

I ordered an extra 1 day admission ticket- I had 5 park hopper "hard" tickets already. I never received a real ticket- what do I do?????

I ordered an extra 1 day admission ticket- I had 5 park hopper "hard" tickets already. I never received a real ticket- what do I do?????
Just go to any park entrance gate and show that ticket number and your legal photo ID and the CM will give you the ticket as you enter that park.
(Alternately, you can do that in advance at any Guest Relations or ticket booth at WDW.)

WDW is once again selling park hopper tickets next year. Since the park reservation system still seems to be in place, does anybody know how park hopping is handled? Will you be able to hop to a park only if it's below capacity or can you make reservations for more than one park with the hopper ticket?
I had tickets that were unused and expired from September. So, I called Disney today to get the cost of those passes applied to passes for our Jan trip. I did ask about park hopping. The CM says that yes, it was coming back. But....Disney still had no idea how it was going to work. They are working on a ‘plan’. So, I said that I was going to wait until I get there to add hopping. He thought that was the best idea. So, fingers crossed it’s available.

We have hotel only reservations Split stay (wilderness lodge CL, and contemporary MK view on the 50th. ) for the 50th anniversary. sept 26 to Oct 3rd. Our original plan was to buy 1 annual pass and then purchase an AP discounted ticket for the week, for my husband.

i am concerned that because people can buy passes for the anniversary now, and we can not buy an annual pass, we will be locked out of the magic kingdom for the anniversary.

Question:
if we buy two tickets for the week for us, for our trip next year, (so we can schedule 2 passes for MK on Oct 1) when AP passes become available, can both tickets be used for the AP purchase? Or even if just the difference from the discount for my hubby’s tickets?

we have been waiting 6 years for this trip.

Last edited:
A. Our original plan was to buy 1 annual pass and then purchase an AP discounted ticket for the week, for my husband.

B. i am concerned that because people can buy passes for the anniversary now, and we can not buy an annual pass, we will be locked out of the magic kingdom for the anniversary.

Question:
if we buy two tickets for the week for us, for our trip next year, (so we can schedule 2 passes for MK on Oct 1) when AP passes become available,
C. can both tickets be used for the AP purchase?
D. Or even if just the difference from the discount for my hubby’s tickets?

we have been waiting 6 years for this trip.
A. AFAIK, there are no "AP discounted tickets" for regular park admission.
(Very occasionally there is a limited-time "special deal" of some kind.)

B. That may or may not be the case, but nobody knows at this point how the potentially larger crowds
will be handled.

C. You can upgrade one regular ticket to one AP. You can upgrade two regular tickets to two APs.
(Only one ticket per upgrade. No multiple tickets to a single upgrade.)

D. Again, I'm not sure of what "discount" to which you are referring.

A. AFAIK, there are no "AP discounted tickets" for regular park admission.
(Very occasionally there is a limited-time "special deal" of some kind.)

B. That may or may not be the case, but nobody knows at this point how the potentially larger crowds
will be handled.

C. You can upgrade one regular ticket to one AP. You can upgrade two regular tickets to two APs.
(Only one ticket per upgrade. No multiple tickets to a single upgrade.)

D. Again, I'm not sure of what "discount" to which you are referring.

Thank you! Obviously we never had APs before. I thought I had read that there were discounted tickets. I am glad I asked!

Thank you so much for the correct Info!

We are going to buy regular tickets, since hubby needs them anyway and if/when APs are available I just will upgrade my ticket.

Looking for some advice:

My friends and I planned to run Princess and have Boulder Ridge reserved through one of my friend's DVC points. Princess is virtual but we still plan to go. There is a strong possibility my friend who made the reservation will cancel her part of the trip, thus us losing Boulder Ridge. Plan B is for my family to join me and we would book off property.

As of right now, I have my park reservation for HS. We have one comp ticket that I could add my husband to and reserve HS as well. Should I go ahead and purchase one day tickets for my two children and reserve HS also just to cover our plan B? Is there any ramification on my park pass reservation if I cancel Boulder Ridge and move over to off-site? I'm most confused by that part.....would I have to re-book my park pass reservation since I'd be moving from Resort Guest to Theme Park Guest?

As this trip evolves, and if we decide to add my park days to the trip, how would I change our tickets before the trip?

Question 1: So I understand that Disney no longer offers "no expiration" tickets, however is it true that I can purchase a 10 day ticket, use 8 days, and keep the 2 days portion, then when I return to Disney next year, they will give me a credit for the 2 days provided I am purchasing a more expensive ticket?
Assuming question 1 is "YES", Question 2, is there a problem doing this with undercover tourist tickets that you get mailed?

I have another question related to the above. I am trying to re-assign my second comp ticket to my husband and it says I cannot because it already has FPs linked to it. I assumed maybe that this was the ticket I used to reserve HS, so I tried the other one in my account and I got the same error. Do I have to call???

Question 1: - is it true that I can purchase a 10 day ticket, use 8 days, and keep the 2 days portion, then when I return to Disney next year, they will give me a credit for the 2 days provided I am purchasing a more expensive ticket?
Assuming question 1 is "YES",
Question 2, is there a problem doing this with undercover tourist tickets that you get mailed?
Q1. No. Not the case.
Q2. Doesn’t matter from where you buy the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter