Yes, fully unused tickets can be exchanged/used as credit towards a new dated ticket, paying any difference owed for the new dates. There will not be any refund if the new dates are less expensive.A further question would be, if I buy tickets for December, but don't use them at all, are they still good until I use the first one? Assuming I pay the difference in day of use pricing?
1. Likely you’ll be able to do it from home, but no guarantees.We have the tickets that expire Sept 2021. We will definitely not be going before then, but they are already linked in MDE.
1. If I let them expire, will I be able to then call disney to buy for our new dates or is that an in person only thing when they area already expired?
2. Or, should I pay the difference for my new dates before they expire?
Call.I have another question related to the above. I am trying to re-assign my second comp ticket to my husband and it says I cannot because it already has FPs linked to it. I assumed maybe that this was the ticket I used to reserve HS, so I tried the other one in my account and I got the same error. Do I have to call???
1. Yup.We have a trip rapidly approaching.
A. We have 5 and 6 day tickets which we had planned to roll into AP.
B. We have fingers crossed that will be back on the table as an option
but I'm trying to make a plan if it is not. We plan to be at WDW for 9 days.
1. Pre-Covid it was possible to add days to a ticket,
2. is that still possible?
3. Is it possible to do that now? I don't see a way through MDE. Thanks!