TICKETS + How to UPGRADE

Daver65

Earning My Ears
A further question would be, if I buy tickets for December, but don't use them at all, are they still good until I use the first one? Assuming I pay the difference in day of use pricing?
.... I miss the days when tickets were simple... ☹

Sandiz08

DIS Veteran
We have the tickets that expire Sept 2021. We will definitely not be going before then, but they are already linked in MDE. If I let them expire, will I be able to then call disney to buy for our new dates or is that an in person only thing when they area already expired? Or, should I pay the difference for my new dates before they expire?

lanejudy

A further question would be, if I buy tickets for December, but don't use them at all, are they still good until I use the first one? Assuming I pay the difference in day of use pricing?
Yes, fully unused tickets can be exchanged/used as credit towards a new dated ticket, paying any difference owed for the new dates. There will not be any refund if the new dates are less expensive.

• Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
    We have the tickets that expire Sept 2021. We will definitely not be going before then, but they are already linked in MDE.
    1. If I let them expire, will I be able to then call disney to buy for our new dates or is that an in person only thing when they area already expired?
    2. Or, should I pay the difference for my new dates before they expire?
    1. Likely you’ll be able to do it from home, but no guarantees.
    2. That might be a better plan.

Robo

I have another question related to the above. I am trying to re-assign my second comp ticket to my husband and it says I cannot because it already has FPs linked to it. I assumed maybe that this was the ticket I used to reserve HS, so I tried the other one in my account and I got the same error. Do I have to call???
    Call.

Song of the South

Mouseketeer
    We have a trip rapidly approaching. We have 5 and 6 day tickets which we had planned to roll into AP. We have fingers crossed that will be back on the table as an option but I'm trying to make a plan if it is not. We plan to be at WDW for 9 days. Pre-Covid it was possible to add days to a ticket, is that still possible? Is it possible to do that now? I don't see a way through MDE. Thanks!

Robo

We have a trip rapidly approaching.
    A. We have 5 and 6 day tickets which we had planned to roll into AP.
    B. We have fingers crossed that will be back on the table as an option
    but I'm trying to make a plan if it is not. We plan to be at WDW for 9 days.
    1. Pre-Covid it was possible to add days to a ticket,
    2. is that still possible?
    3. Is it possible to do that now? I don't see a way through MDE. Thanks!
    1. Yup.
    2.& 3. Sorry, but 7-days is the current max. per ticket.
    A. OK. (But, not currently possible.)
    B. Be sure to stop by any Guest Relations and ASK NICELY explaining that you'd like to upgrade to AP when they allow that option again. ASK NICELY that they create a "guest file" for you that may allow you to do the AP upgrade using the value of your current tickets (even though they will have been "all used up" on your upcoming trip) at such time as they start selling APs again.

Last edited:

• Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.