So how long is the window of use on a 7 day ticket?
Robo posted that just above (post #9896) when he replied. It's also in post #2 of this same thread:
Ticket Validity:
“Under the new system, 1-Day base tickets are valid for admission on the specific start date selected. Multi-day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period, as indicated below:

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket valid one day on the date selected (Next day can be used for “+ Option” with a PH+ ticket)
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on start date (5 days with PH+)
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date (6 days with PH+)
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on thestart date (8 days with PH+)
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date (9 days with PH+)
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (10 days with PH+)
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date (11 days with PH+)
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date (13 days with PH+)
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date (14 days with PH+)
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date (15 days with PH+)

For example, a 6-day base ticket with a start date of November 1 is valid any 6 days from November 1 to November 9.

I bought a 7 day ticket for my husband for next month, but likely we are not going. I bought it recently so it will expire (expiration date was not extended to next September). If we go November 2021 instead I know I can apply the cost of that expired ticket to a new ticket. Can I do that by phone ahead of time so we are able to make FPs?

Last edited:
I bought a 7 day ticket for my husband for next month, but likely we are not going. I bought it recently so it will expire (expiration date was not extended to next September). If we go November 2021 instead I know I can apply the cost of that expired ticket to a new ticket.
Can I do that by phone ahead of time so we are able to make FPs?
You can try.

Last edited:
A member of my party has a 4 day hopper from the closure. He’ll use the ticket next month and I’m trying to help him with how to handle it. Alas I’m getting confused so I could use some help 😝

1) park reservations should not be lost right? (That that would happen makes no sense to me with the reports of cancelled tickets retaining their park reservations.)
2) can you downgrade by phone before arrival? can you do it at DS before you start using the ticket?

A member of my party has a 4 day hopper from the closure. He’ll use the ticket next month and I’m trying to help him with how to handle it. Alas I’m getting confused so I could use some help 😝

1) park reservations should not be lost right? (That that would happen makes no sense to me with the reports of cancelled tickets retaining their park reservations.)
2) can you downgrade by phone before arrival? can you do it at DS before you start using the ticket?
1) Just double-check the reservations if any ticket changes are made.
2) Stand-alone tickets can be adjusted for "un-available" assets (like the Hopper option) at any WDW Guest Relations or ticket booths at some point during the trip.
CAN be (but does not HAVE to be) before a ticket is used at a park gate.

What phone number is best to call about ticket changes? The one I used got me transferred, and I hung up after waiting a while.

So I know this is probably a pretty silly question, but I just have to ask on this forum. We are current DVC owners that have a reservation scheduled for February 2021. But we are really wanting to get away for a quick trip in November. We had annual passes last year but knew we were taking a year off we didn’t renew last October and just we’re going to wait. Well we all know what happened... And obviously since we have no idea when Disney will start selling annual passes again we are reluctant to spend the money on day passes twice in a three month period. So my question is this, is there any way to buy unused annual passes from individual or companies? I’m not trying to pull off anything frowned upon but just looking for any options if there are any. Any help would be appreciated.

My friends and I were talking about ticket prices and I said they would never go down, but my friend said they did go down and showed me this. Did I miss something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-114529.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-114529.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 18
My friends and I were talking about ticket prices and I said they would never go down, but my friend said they did go down and showed me this. Did I miss something?
You’d need to compare actual dates for a better comparison. From now thru 12/31/2020 isn’t considered “value” season, which means the lowest-cost tickets of 2020 are behind us now while 2021 still has those lowest cost dates available (late Aug and Sept). A 1-day ticket today costs $125 but 10/28/2021 costs $133.

I have a ticket with the expiration of 9/26/21. I want to add a day for my upcoming trip, but I'm having trouble doing it online. Anyone else have this problem? Do I have to call? What's the best number for ticket issues?

I have a ticket with the expiration of 9/26/21. I want to add a day for my upcoming trip, but I'm having trouble doing it online. Anyone else have this problem? Do I have to call? What's the best number for ticket issues?
You will have to call. And be aware, once you change the ticket it will become a “regularr” dated ticket with an expiration date based on the first date - no longer the extended use until 9/26/2021.

I am looking to purchase park tickets for my trip in January 2021. I am aware of the reservation system. Got that.
However, I didn't think you could still visit more then one park per day. So I was surprised when I was just on the Disney website to buy the tickets, and the option to add park hopper was available.

Does anyone know if you will be able to visit more then one park a day come the new year / January 2021?

TIA!

I am looking to purchase park tickets for my trip in January 2021. I am aware of the reservation system. Got that.
However,
1. I didn't think you could still visit more then one park per day. So I was surprised when I was just on the Disney website to buy the tickets, and the option to add park hopper was available.
2. Does anyone know if you will be able to visit more then one park a day come the new year / January 2021?

TIA!
1. LIKELY you will not be able to do so (especially that early in 2021.)
2. Nobody knows at this time.

This has been much discussed in previous posts here and in other threads.
My recommendation is to not buy the Hopper option now, but wait until your trip nears to see if Hopping becomes available... at which time you can upgrade your tickets if you so choose.

1. LIKELY you will not be able to do so (especially that early in 2021.)
2. Nobody knows at this time.

This has been much discussed in previous posts here and in other threads.
My recommendation is to not buy the Hopper option now, but wait until your trip nears to see if Hopping becomes available... at which time you can upgrade your tickets if you so choose.
Thanks. I figured as much. I’m just surprised they even offer the park hopper when you can’t do it.

Thanks. I figured as much. I’m just surprised they even offer the park hopper when you can’t do it.
They are offering tickets that will be usable well into the future.
Also, selling the Hopper option early-on... means more cash coming into the coffers now.
That "extra cash" may not (if at all) need to be refunded until some time in the future.

I purchased a 2 day ticket for the week of Christmas and now I want to change them to Jan 1 and 2...which is 2021.Can I change 2020 tickets to 2021 tickets online? I have tried and I cannot get it to work. Thanks!

I purchased a 2 day ticket for the week of Christmas and now I want to change them to Jan 1 and 2...which is 2021.Can I change 2020 tickets to 2021 tickets online?

I have tried and I cannot get it to work.
Call 'em.

So if I make reservation for HS-try for boarding pass at 7am and don't get one can I change park reservation to another available park at that point?

So if I make reservation for HS-try for boarding pass at 7am and don't get one can I change park reservation to another available park at that point?
If it is possible to make a different park reservation, you can do so.

I've been on hold for an hour with Disney, so thought I'd give my question a try here:

I bought tickets for my kids Dec 28-Jan 2, however when I bought them online, it would not let me buy a 6 day ticket - it made me buy a 4 day ticket for 2020, and a 2 day ticket for 2021, making me pay a lot more than if I could just buy a 6 day ticket.

At this point, I want to add 2 days to the existing 4 day ticket (way cheaper than the original 2 day ticket). I will use the funds from the 2 day ticket for another ticket in the future.

My question is - when my kids tap into the park on Jan 1st, the essentially have 2 tickets. Will the system know to use the 6 day ticket, and not the separate 2 day ticket? I am afraid of wires getting crossed, and Disney thinking we used the 2 day ticket.

Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter