I really thought I had researched this well enough and knew what I was doing but apparently that is not the case.

We had a May 2020 trip senior trip planned with my DD, her best friend (also a senior) and my older DD. Had room only reservations & purchased 7 day hoppers from UTC, added to MDX fine, no problem. Obviously trip is having to be rescheduled, and we are attempting August 2020. For a variety of reasons, not the least being I have spent way too many hours planning/re-planning this trip and I am just ready for something to be easy (dining plan), I decided to book at new 'Your Trip has been Canceled by Covid19 Package' deal with 2 day base tickets and free dining. I thought I understood that I could "save" all of these 2 day package tickets for a future trip by reassigning them to a dummy profile I created in MDX (and just paying the difference of their value for a future trip) and just use our already purchased 7 day hoppers on August trip. I am 99.9% sure that I read this was possible. But again... possibly not??

The problem: I cannot reassign any of these 2 day package tickets, only the 7 day hopper in my own name. I am linked in MDX to my two girls and the best friend-- but they are all teens/adults and have their own MDX accounts and so control their tickets. We also looked at one DD's MDX account (app) and it would not let her reassign the 2 day ticket (only her 7 day hopper)-- same as me. Assuming this is the same for my other DD and the friend but I don't know for sure.

Questions:
1. Was I mistaken about the ability to move/transfer the 2 day package tickets to a created dummy profile on MDX? Is the problem because they are package tickets?
2. Can they be transferred before the trip, and if so, how?
3. Or do I have to wait until after check-in to make a transfer, and if so should I be able to do it myself on MDX (or online)?
4. If #3 is 'yes', would I then also need to get a CM at a park guest services to prioritize the 7 day hopper tickets over the 2 day package tickets before we enter the first time in August?
5. And if #2 or #3 is 'yes', then I will just be left with "expired" tickets to upgrade on some future trip. Can I transfer "expired" tickets before they are used?? It says in MDX that "expired tickets cannot be reassigned"... do we think they will 'technically' not be expired because all tickets are good through 12/15/20 or will they legit be expired because the package dates are past? Will I need to transfer them during our stay so they are not expired expired???
6. The sticky part is that I really wanted to get the 2 day ticket from my DD's friend transferred back to my family to use for future trip (she already bought her own 7 day hopper, I wasn't actually wanting to buy an additional ticket for her to have for a future trip-- it just seemed 'easier' to get her a ticket that we could use!) Worst case I can drop her from the package I guess... or return all the tickets to UTC and just upgrade the package tickets for everyone... was really trying to avoid this because I didn't want her family (or me) to have to deal with the refunding process and then having to pay me for her ticket-- it just seems like an additional hassle that I have no bandwidth for right now....

Please help with some clarity... thanks in advance.
1. They can be transferred eventually.
2. Maybe. Doesn't really matter. (I don't trust the glitchy MDX software to always perform "on demand")
3. Maybe. Doesn't really matter.
4. If they won't transfer, have the tickets "prioritized" before entering the first park.
5. A guest cannot transfer expired tickets. ("Expired" in this case means a ticket has reached the date past which it can no longer simply have it's date changed, but can only have its original value used toward the purchase of a new ticket. NOT just because the package date is passed.)
But, again, doesn't really matter.
Never-used tickets retain their purchase value.
6. At some point during your trip (some "down time/break time," mid-trip, or so) I would try to get all of the tickets that you want to "keep"... transferred to your account. Then you'll know that you "have" them.

Whenever you try to make plans for multiple guests, multiple accounts, multiple tickets, multiple trips...
that will absolutely create additional hassle.

I am rescheduling a June trip for July - party of 4. We have two 7-day park hoppers and two annual passes. To make the 7-day park hoppers valid for the July dates, there is a supplement (approx $90). If I pay the supplement and then wind up cancelling the July trip, do the park hopper tickets retain their original value + the $90 supplement? Thanks.

1. They can be transferred eventually.

So, what I think you are saying is that it is possible in THEORY to transfer before the package start date but depending on the glitchy-ness of MDX it may or may not work... but the likelihood increases highly after check-in? So my previous research wasn't entirely wrong.

5. A guest cannot transfer expired tickets. ("Expired" in this case means a ticket has reached the date past which it can no longer simply have it's date changed,

So 12/15/20 is my current "expire" date?

Whenever you try to make plans for multiple guests, multiple accounts, multiple tickets, multiple trips...
that will absolutely create additional hassle.

Truest story ever.

Thank you so much for your help.

A. So, what I think you are saying is that it is possible in THEORY to transfer before the package start date but depending on the glitchy-ness of MDX it may or may not work... but the likelihood increases highly after check-in?
B. So my previous research wasn't entirely wrong.
C. So 12/15/20 is my current "expire" date?
D. Truest story ever.
E. Thank you so much for your help.
A. Yup.
B. The way things change (especially now,) we just do the best we can when trying to discuss "typical" rules.
C. If that's the case on your particular tickets. (See B above.)
D. Disney has created one of THE most complex and convoluted "simplification of vacations" ever.
(We used to be able to buy tickets and go to WDW to use them... when we wanted to use them.)
E. Have a great trip!

Our APs expire July 9th. We planned a trip June 27-July 4 to renew our APs and purchased tickets several months ago to apply toward the renewal.
Now our APs will be extended by the number of days of the park closure, so they might not expire until late September.
If the parks are open in July, we plan to go. Will we still be allowed to renew then even though we are outside the 60 day window? I do not want to plan another trip to come back in September just to renew. And my understanding is if you are applying an unused ticket toward an AP renewal, it must be done in person. But maybe I'm wrong about that...

Thanks!

f the parks are open in July, we plan to go.
1. Will we still be allowed to renew then even though we are outside the 60 day window? -
my understanding is if you are applying an unused ticket toward an AP renewal,
2. it must be done in person.
3. But maybe I'm wrong about that...
1. Maybe. You can always ask nicely.
2. Maybe. But, I've read reports of guests being able to do so from home.
3. While you are there for this trip, stop by any Guest Relations and ask them
set up a "special file in your MDX account" that will allow you to renew using another ticket
as partial payment.

Looking for some advice about when/where to buy 5-day PH tickets for an up-coming room-only reservation (DVC rental) from Aug 30-Sept 5. With all the uncertainty regarding the re-open dates, my initial plan was to wait to just before our 60-day FP window to purchase tickets and attach them to our reservation. The reason being that if the parks are still closed, I do not know if our group will be able to get back to WDW anytime soon to use extended tickets.

However, with the rumors/news that the parks may be operating at reduced capacity, I'm nervous that Disney may cap ticket sales for our travel dates before we get to the 60-day point. The last thing I want is to be stuck in a DVC rental right next to open parks, but with no way to get in.

Am I being paranoid and should just wait it out and stick with my original plan? Is UT still offering refunds for tickets purchased for days the park is closed and if so, does it make sense to just purchase tickets through them today?

Thanks to @Robo and everyone else on this forum for all your helpful advice! Also, I apologize in advance if a similar question has already been addressed and I missed the response.

Hiya, Robo. You've helped me (and everyone!) in the past; I wanna run something past you:

I purchased an annual pass Feb 5 https://www.disboards.com/threads/already-thinking-of-sept-2021.3786680/post-61548513
with the plan of not using it until a Sept. 2021 trip. Thus my AP year will be through Sept 2022.

Now I'm considering a Sept 2020 trip. Here's my assumption: if I buy a package including tickets nothing will happen with my unactivated pass. Sure, I won't get any of the discounts but I can still activate my pass when I go in 2021. Am I correct?

Hiya, Robo. You've helped me (and everyone!) in the past; I wanna run something past you:
I purchased an annual pass Feb 5 https://www.disboards.com/threads/already-thinking-of-sept-2021.3786680/post-61548513
with the plan of not using it until a Sept. 2021 trip. Thus my AP year will be through Sept 2022.
Now I'm considering a Sept 2020 trip. Here's my assumption:

1. if I buy a package including tickets nothing will happen with my unactivated pass. Sure, I won't get any of the discounts but
2. I can still activate my pass when I go in 2021. Am I correct?
1. Correct.
Guests can have as many valid tickets in their MDX account as they like.
You cannot "accidentally" activate an AP certificate into a live AP.
The AP certificate will remain ready to activate (at least until the end of the year 2030) at such time as you are ready to physically activate it, in-person at WDW.
2. Correct.

Once again I thank you, Robo. Nice to have the great resource that is DISboards and you.

I think I'm going in 2020 after all.

After you purchase a ticket online using the Disney site, how long does it take for them to appear on your MDE? ADRs, Hotel reservations, and FPs have always appeared immediately for me. Wondering if it is (generally) also true for tickets.

1. After you purchase a ticket online using the Disney site, how long does it take for them to appear on your MDE?
2. ADRs, Hotel reservations, and FPs have always appeared immediately for me. Wondering if it is (generally) also true for tickets.
1. "Normally," instantly.
2. Yes.

Another ticket upgrade question--I can't figure out, for the life of me, what the base value of my 7 day PH tickets (purchased Dec 2019) are...is there a way to calculate it since I can't find the receipt? I tried to look on the 2019 pricing archives, and while I see the 1 park/1 day pricing, I can't find multiple days or PH. The tickets were supposed to be for spring break, but now I'm thinking I may upgrade to an AP at the holidays. Trying to figure how much that will run.

Another ticket upgrade question--I can't figure out, for the life of me, what the base value of my 7 day PH tickets (purchased Dec 2019) are...is there a way to calculate it since I can't find the receipt? I tried to look on the 2019 pricing archives, and while I see the 1 park/1 day pricing, I can't find multiple days or PH. The tickets were supposed to be for spring break, but now I'm thinking I may upgrade to an AP at the holidays. Trying to figure how much that will run.
Call Disney.

I had an AP which expired on 3/7 I decided not to renew that AP and instead I purchased a 4 day/4 park pass which I planned to use in Sept.
Now I think I would like another AP after all. So my questions are:
  • Would my AP which expired on 3/7 still qualify for a renewal discount?
  • would I be able to apply the cost of my current 4 day/4 park pass toward the renewal/purchase of an AP?
  • If the answer to the above question is yes, can I do this purchase/upgrade online or by telephone or would it need to be done onsite at a guest services location? (I would like to purchase tix to MNSSHP and a DAH and get the AP discount prior to my arrival)

I had an AP which expired on 3/7 I decided not to renew that AP and instead I purchased a 4 day/4 park pass which I planned to use in Sept.
Now I think I would like another AP after all. So my questions are:
  • 1- Would my AP which expired on 3/7 still qualify for a renewal discount?
  • 2- would I be able to apply the cost of my current 4 day/4 park pass toward the renewal/purchase of an AP?
  • 3- If the answer to the above question is yes, can I do this purchase/upgrade online or by telephone or would it need to be done onsite at a guest services location?
  • 4- (I would like to purchase tix to MNSSHP and a DAH and get the AP discount prior to my arrival)
1- Due to the current "extension" of AP's, I'd expect that it would.
2- Likely, but...
3- It would be more difficult (maybe not possible) if you wanted to do the upgrade from home.
4- You can always try.

so I called a Disney to renew an AP which had expired in March after park closure. I was told my 30 day renewal period has passed so I would need to purchase new full price AP. However I did receive an email from Disney Destinations that stated:
  • Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.
the CM told me she knew nothing about this. So I am planning to call back and speak to someone else but I wanted to ask here first if Disney does offer me the opportunity for the 15% discount to renew my AP would that mean that the pass would still expire on my initial March
date ? If so that means that if my next trip is not until September I would be paying for an AP that would not cover an entire year...
I am now thinking I would just need to purchase a new AP that would not be Activated until I’m actually at WDW again.

i hope all this makes sense to someone...

Hello! Quick question and thanks for all the great info here.

we have a September 2020 trip planned For 2 with 5 day PH. If all seems well we want to upgrade to APs i

This is usually when FD BB promos are available. If I book a package for 2021 as a BB and buy the required tickets can I

1. Apply those ticket values towards renewal or new purchase of APs?
AND/OR
2. Transfer those tickets to others like my kids?
I know I cannot do both at the same time but trying to figure out options! Thx!

so I called a Disney to renew an AP which had expired in March after park closure. I was told my 30 day renewal period has passed so I would need to purchase new full price AP. However I did receive an email from Disney Destinations that stated:
* Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.the CM told me she knew nothing about this. So I am planning to call back and speak to someone else but I wanted to ask here first if Disney does offer me the opportunity for the 15% discount to renew my AP would that mean that the pass would still expire on my initial March date ?

If so that means that if my next trip is not until September I would be paying for an AP that would not cover an entire year...

I am now thinking I would just need to purchase a new AP that would not be Activated until I’m actually at WDW again.
You'd likely get a full year starting on the date that your renewed AP became active (likely the date that Disney "reopens.")
But, nobody "knows" anything.

Regardless, if you will not be going to WDW during the 2 months following what would ultimately be your renewal date
(again, likely the date that Disney finally "reopens")
your better deal would be to buy a NEW AP that would be activated on the start of your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!