we have a September 2020 trip planned For 2 with 5 day PH. If all seems well we want to upgrade to APs i
This is usually when FD BB promos are available. If I book a package for 2021 as a BB and buy the required tickets can I

1. Apply those ticket values towards renewal or new purchase of APs?
AND/OR
2. Transfer those tickets to others like my kids?
I know I cannot do both at the same time but trying to figure out options! Thx!
1. Traditionally, yes.
2. Yes.

Two more questions for the experts -

1- I bought a BB package through Disney in Nov 2019 with 5 day PH. Is there a place to find prices since the increase? (No price bridging on Disney bought tix right?)

2- If I book a bounce back FD package (if there is one) and purchase the minimum tickets and want to transfer them to someone else can I transfer BEFORE the bounce back reservation or are those tickets hardwired/connected to that package and its dates? Ex - I book the BB trip for December 2021 but want to transfer them to someone before then...

Two more questions for the experts -

1a- I bought a BB package through Disney in Nov 2019 with 5 day PH. Is there a place to find prices since the increase?
1b- (No price bridging on Disney bought tix right?)

2- If I book a bounce back FD package (if there is one) and purchase the minimum tickets and want to transfer them to someone else can I transfer BEFORE the bounce back reservation or are those tickets hardwired/connected to that package and its dates? Ex - I book the BB trip for December 2021 but want to transfer them to someone before then...
1a- Call Disney.
1b- Correct.
2- Almost surely you'd have to wait until check-in date to be able to transfer those tickets.
But, you can always "ask nicely."

Question about unused days on tickets- we have 6 day tickets. Hypothetically, if we go when not all parks are opened, and only wanted to use 3 days on the tickets, could the other 3 be held on to for later use? Or are they “lost”?

Hmmm...I have a 4 day 4 park ticket which I’m thinking of trying to apply to renewal of AP..however how would i even be able to use that ticket if all parks are not open anyway...

Hmmm...I have a 4 day 4 park ticket which
1. I’m thinking of trying to apply to renewal of AP..however
2. how would i even be able to use that ticket if all parks are not open anyway...
1. OK.
2. You don't need to use it (in fact you don't want to use it, if your intent is to renew a current AP.)

What is the anniversary (end) date of your current AP?

Question about unused days on tickets- we have 6 day tickets. Hypothetically, if we go when not all parks are opened, and only wanted to use 3 days on the tickets, could the other 3 be held on to for later use? Or are they “lost”?
Whether selected parks will not be open is all theoretical at this point.
If (IF) selected parks are not open during your trip, we do not know what (if anything) Disney will do
regarding special ticket rules during that time.
We can only guess... and that doesn't mean much right now.

Besides, if you have 6 days worth of tickets already, since there are normally only 4 parks, anyway,
you'd be going to one or more parks on more than one day each, regardless.

Whether selected parks will not be open is all theoretical at this point.
If (IF) selected parks are not open during your trip, we do not know what (if anything) Disney will do
regarding special ticket rules during that time.
We can only guess... and that doesn't mean much right now.

Besides, if you have 6 days worth of tickets already, since there are normally only 4 parks, anyway,
you'd be going to one or more parks on more than one day each, regardless.
Yes, that’s all true. I suppose a more general question would be- if you don’t use all the days on a multi day ticket, can you use the leftover days on another trip or are they forfeit if not used?

Yes, that’s all true. I suppose a more general question would be- if you don’t use all the days on a multi day ticket, can you use the leftover days on another trip or are they forfeit if not used?
Generally, no, any unused entitlements on a partially used ticket expire by the expiration date (based on the start date and length of ticket).

I read the first few posts and noted that to upgrade a ticket before arriving at WDW: "In many cases, it may be possible to upgrade a stand-alone ticket".

I have a planned 14 day trip for August and am getting close to my FP window. My plans are to purchase a DVC Gold AP. If WDW is closed (or severely restricted) at that time, I would visit during Christmas break instead. Then I would need a Platinum pass.

Is upgrading from an unused DVC Gold to Platinum AP possible over the phone?

Is upgrading from an unused DVC Gold to Platinum AP possible over the phone?
Likely so.
Regardless, I'd expect many "usual procedures" to be somewhat "adjusted" considering the current state of things.

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but my search skills are failing me this morning.

I have Undercover tourist tickets for June, which I anticipate will be extended to Dec 15 when the parks are closed for our June dates. Des the extension happen when the park hours are removed? When packages are canceled? With some delay after one of those or another time altogether?

We have a backup trip in July, and I'm wondering how much of the 60-day FP window we're going to miss.

If I have two sets of tickets linked to MDE and I'm going to parks, will they auto-use the tickets up for expiration first?
Not necessarily.
Here's how to make sure...
At some point, BEFORE you go to the first park gate, stop by any Guest Relations and have the tickets' PRIORITY SET so that the tickets
you want to use FIRST have the highest priority.
(This is a common and standard procedure that takes just a minute or two, once you get to the GR window.)

Not necessarily.
Yep. That's what worries me. I have two sets of reservations and two sets of tickets (they go over each other). The first reservation is 4 days with base tickets and the second 10 with base tickets. Doing it this way saves around $100 from an annual pass and I won't be back to Disney in a year, anyway. So on January 1, how would I keep them from using my new set of tickets?

EDIT--I see what to do now. So first day, just stop by Guest Relations.

How do I change date based tickets? I have tickets for June 20-27th, will need to change to mid-August dates. Tickets are in MDE. TIA!

Sigh, so now I have tickets that start on 7/8, the waiting begins on when those will be extended and if I will be considered for the reservation system on my August reservation.

How do I change date based tickets? I have tickets for June 20-27th, will need to change to mid-August dates. Tickets are in MDE. TIA!
Open MDE and go to your tickets listing.
Click on the choice you want and make the change.
If the change choices are not shown, try using the App or the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!