So it's 93 per ticket total regardless of the days?
Park-hopping is a flat rate regardless of number of days 4-10, $85 per ticket plus tax. If your tickets are shorter, 1-2-3 days, it’s a lower rate.

But if your package actually included a “free” upgrade to park-hopping, there may not be a value associated with it for ypur tickets. However, I don’t recall a package that gave “free” hopping — the requirement for “free dining” is Purchading a park-hopper ticket (not free hopping). So I think you paid for the hopper to receive free dining, in which case WDW will refund the value of the hopper if that is still not available at the time of your vacation.

Last edited:
Hi,

So we were planning a trip in Dec for my daughter and I who have un activated annual passes and then another trip in Jan with the whole family with my wife using a 6 day ticket. Well we decided to cancel the Jan trip and I tried to move my wife's ticket to Dec but it comes up with all of 2020 being unavailable. Also i checked and they appear to be selling tickets now for 2020.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or may know what is up with this. I am currently on (forever) hold trying to get a hold of Disney by phone.

thanks

on a side note i finally got through to a person and explained my issue. She then told me that i had to be transferred to another dept and i would have to go back on hold where i now still sit.

We have APs that we’re never activated due to COVID. We are looking to doing a quick trip in Oct, but still don’t want to activate the APs since at this point we don’t know when we’ll be back and want the “full experience AP year”. I am looking to buying this trip’s tickets through UT. If for some reason we don’t go, I understand the value of the tickets can be applied to tickets in the future, but since we have APs I wouldn’t necessarily want tickets, but would want MNSSHP or MVMCP tickets when they return. Can the credit on the account be used for those?

We have APs that we’re never activated due to COVID. We are looking to doing a quick trip in Oct, but still don’t want to activate the APs since at this point we don’t know when we’ll be back and want the “full experience AP year”. I am looking to buying this trip’s tickets through UT. If for some reason we don’t go, I understand the value of the tickets can be applied to tickets in the future, but since we have APs I wouldn’t necessarily want tickets, but would want MNSSHP or MVMCP tickets when they return.

Can the credit on the account be used for those?
Maybe.
My suggestion, however, would be to not buy your stand-alone tickets until you are sure that you want to use them.
Unlikely that you would be at much of any advantage buying them far in advance, anyway.

My suggestion, however, would be to not buy your stand-alone tickets until you are sure that you want to use them.
Unlikely that you would be at much of any advantage buying them far in advance, anyway.

Yeah, we would *want* to use them, I’ve just learned with COVID that plans can change and we can’t make park reservations without tickets :scared:

We're staying at two resorts (OKW + AKL) from Nov 28th to Dec10th (granted Europeans are able to enter the US by then...).
We originally wanted to get 10 day tickets, but since those aren't currently available, we got 7 day tickets.
Is there any way to upgrade the 7 day tickets to 10 day tickets?

Since our tickets are only valid from Nov 29th - Dec7th, we'd be missing out on the last few days not being able to go into the parks :(

Yeah, we would *want* to use them, I’ve just learned with COVID that plans can change and we can’t make park reservations without tickets :scared:
Of course that's the case for everyone.
But, the reason I said what I did is that, in general, guests have not had any difficultly reserving parks even very near the actual trip dates.
No need to buy tickets far in advance just because park reservations are needed.

Is there any way to upgrade the 7 day tickets to 10 day tickets?
Not at this time, and probably not in December. Did you look into Europesn tickets? I don’t know what is currently available vis the European website - in the past they offered longer-length tickets than the US.

since those aren't currently available, we got 7 day tickets.
1. Is there any way to upgrade the 7 day tickets to 10 day tickets?

2. Since our tickets are only valid from Nov 29th - Dec7th, we'd be missing out on the last few days not being able to go into the parks :(
1. Not yet. Guests have been buying 7-day tickets -AND- 3-day tickets.
Expensive? Yup.

2. If you buy another 3-day ticket, you could make more park reservations.
Not saying that you should... but that's how to make it work if you, for sure, need 10 days in the WDW theme parks.
(Some guests find "non-park" things to do for their extra days.)

I thought I heard that you can make park reservations with an unactivated AP certificate. I could be wrong though!

Then the reservations should stay active even if you get another ticket.

Hi everyone. Considering buying tickets from Boardwalk ticketing and saw many people here had experience with them. Can you help answer a few questions for me?
1. How soon after do you get a confirmation?
2. Are you able to link them to your MDE? (The most important part since we need this to make park reservations!)
3. Do you get a physical ticket or only an emailed copy?

Of course that's the case for everyone.
But, the reason I said what I did is that, in general, guests have not had any difficultly reserving parks even very near the actual trip dates.
No need to buy tickets far in advance just because park reservations are needed.

Good to know! I have had the mentality of an AP holder so was seeing those weekend reservations fill up, but only recently occurred to me to not activate and just buy separate tickets so I hadn’t realized regular reservations aren’t really filling up that fast.

I thought I heard that you can make park reservations with an unactivated AP certificate. I could be wrong though!

I will definitely look into that!

Thanks everyone!

ETA: yes I can make park reservations with the inactivated AP, but limited to the AP 3 days.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Considering buying tickets from Boardwalk ticketing and saw many people here had experience with them. Can you help answer a few questions for me?
1. How soon after do you get a confirmation?
2. Are you able to link them to your MDE? (The most important part since we need this to make park reservations!)
3. Do you get a physical ticket or only an emailed copy?
1. In general, within a couple of days.
2. Yes.
3. If you order a physical ticket, you get a physical ticket.

ETA: yes I can make park reservations with the inactivated AP, but limited to the AP 3 days.

If you have a resort reservation, then you'll be able to make Park Reservations for that entire trip. Your 3 days on an AP will not be impacted.

Steve

We had a trip planned for May 2020, which obviously, got cancelled due to COVID. We had already purchased Park Hopper Plus tickets. We are rebooked for May 2021. Is Disney refunding the difference for the tickets? Will park hopping be allowed by then? Who knows!

We had a trip planned for May 2020, which obviously, got cancelled due to COVID. We had already purchased Park Hopper Plus tickets. We are rebooked for May 2021.
1. Is Disney refunding the difference for the tickets?
2. Will park hopping be allowed by then?
3.Who knows!

IF your current tickets will not still be valid for use in May 2021, you can use their original purchase
value to help buy new tickets that are valid at that time.

Otherwise...

1. Yes. After arrival. Unless...
2. Likely so. But...
3. Correct.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Will be in Disney with DD24 in November, we have a multi day ticket and we also have two one day tickets that she won at some function, my question is this... if we link the tickets she won under a different MDE account can we use them to enter a 2nd park on the same day! I would think yes, but I don’t know, I feel weird doing it or trying to do it, but it seems like it would be doable as long as they aren’t linked anywhere, correct? We can’t add a day to our trip so if we don’t use the won tickets they will just be a waste!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts